Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Move Animations

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Move Animations

Im interested in moves like Fly and contact moves. I want to see if the Flying Pokemon like dive bombs the target or what not and with things like tackle, it would be nice to see the Pokemon actually tackle the opponent, this 3D battling could turn out to be really cool to watch.
    Enzap and 투 애니원 like this.

Blog Entries

With the new Dynamic Battle Camera I could see a lot of moves being re hauled visually
    Enzap and 투 애니원 like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Attacks still look dull...

If you watch this Ninfia release video, the attacks still look dull, pokemon don't move in them almost at all.
    Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: A New Pokémon Has Been Revealed! - YouTube

They're misplaced and some of the animations are much too short making it look bad. For example, when Chespin used Solar beam, the beam appeared from the sky above him, which we know is wrong. Another example, Ninfia often poes her/his short animation before the actual attack annimation appears.

Compared to this, even Pokemon Stadium had better animations.
    The first X and Y trailer is a bit better, but after seeing the Ninfia/Sylveon video, I felt like being hit below the belt. What do you think?

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Attacks still look dull...

Well, it's still very early footage. I thinks it's a bit too early to judge, since anything can change.

If they do end up like this in release, I will be disappointed. I want them to be more reminiscent of the console 3D games.
    Last edited by Rainbow; 18th February 2013 at 10:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    If you watch this Ninfia release video, the attacks still look dull, pokemon don't move in them almost at all.

They're misplaced and some of the animations are much too short making it look bad. For example, when Chespin used Solar beam, the beam appeared from the sky above him, which we know is wrong. Another example, Ninfia often poes her/his short animation before the actual attack annimation appears.

The first X and Y trailer is a bit better, but after seeing the Ninfia/Sylveon video, I felt like being hit below the belt. What do you think?
    Wasn't solarbeam shown to be from above in both Gen IV and Gen V?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post

Maybe, but it's not in the anime, manga and the Stadium games.

Blog Entries

Maybe, but it's not in the anime, manga and the Stadium games.
    And that matters how, exactly?
    Owain and Chiss like this.

Blog Entries

I really hope they'll be more dynamic with the move animations this time, cause you can make so many things with 3D models. They basically got free hands now, and I hope they take this opportunity to make the battles as interesting and appealing to the eyes as possible.

I especially want to see Physical moves making actual contact and not just seeing the attacking Pokemon making a move, like Tackle, and the opponent simply taking a hit out of thin air. I kind of fear that won't be the case though, as the Pokemon are still standing on separate circles instead of being located on a united piece of land where one can move freely.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was always under the impression that the big ball of energy above chespin was there because they wanted it there. It looked more like it was calling it out than firing it from its mouth/arms/etc., especially when it was angled downward on magikarp specifically. As for Ninfia, I have no idea what you're talking about, seeing as it does it's proper attack animation for every single move shown in there, save for the one charging attack that we don't even know the full nature of yet.
    Oh?

Has anyone yet considered that the vanishing move Froakie used might be Extremespeed? It's always been depicted as a move where the Pokemon vanishes, moves incredibly quickly and hits the foe multiple times. Seems to fit the bill to me! And as long as we're conjecturing, is anyone else pretty much convinced that the move the Litwick uses on the Psyduck is Inferno? I can't think of another extant Fire-type move that looks more similar.

As far as hopes for move animations go, and I think someone has said something along these lines already, I'm really hoping for some move-specific animations on Pokemon because a lot of the ones in were just didn't make any sense PBR. For example, Aerodactyl and Gliscor's aerial Earthquakes, Aggron's ThunderSlaps, the way everything uses Bounce (with the exception of Poyta and Rapidash) and Snorlax's seemingly weightless animation for running toward opponents are some that stand out in particular, but I know there are other oddities that occur. Obviously it'll take some work on the developer's part and might happen as some of the small aesthetic changes of the third installment, but these weird animations can really detract from the experience.

Also, Wobbuffet's countering moves could be made much more dynamic and reactionary as opposed to the current exchange between it and any other Pokemon of attack aninmation -> Wobbuffet's damage animation -> Wobbuffet either runs up to opponent across the battlefield to salute and return damage or stays still to shoot out some beams of light.
    Last edited by Ruttager; 19th February 2013 at 08:32 PM.

Default HM Move Animations

Just saying, I'm kind of sick of the dark bluish-purple fish thing you Surf on. I think in X and Y they should actually show what pokemon you're riding on. This shouldn't take too much extra work to do this. I think this should also be done for the other HM's also. Fly would great cutscene or minigame. This is kind of trivial, but it would make the games much more fun and inclusive, especially in 3D. what are your thoughts about this.

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

Since XY is gonna be in 3D, I'm expecting a lot for move animations. Honestly, I thought the move animations of Gen 4 and 5 were horrible. Gen 3 had the best animations and most accurate animations, in my opinion, but that's probably due to it's high frame rate... (not too sure where i'm going with this)
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mamasoftshellturtle View Post
    Since XY is gonna be in 3D, I'm expecting a lot for move animations. Honestly, I thought the move animations of Gen 4 and 5 were horrible. Gen 3 had the best animations and most accurate animations, in my opinion, but that's probably due to it's high frame rate... (not too sure where i'm going with this)
    Yes and No, I do like a lot of them, like Ice Beam, I think it looked amazing in Gen III, but did you see Hyper Beam? It looked like if your Pokémon was vomiting its DNA on the opponent.

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I want to see Blast Burn look kinda like it did in Gen III, but in 3D of course. Just any Fire moves really.
    Owain likes this.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Blog Entries

did you see Hyper Beam? It looked like if your Pokémon was vomiting its DNA on the opponent.
    Which makes it even more fitting of this generation and its apparent genetics themes. :D

... Okay, no.
    Owain and Chiss like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast