Most Frustrating Loss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Frustrating Loss

Imacutyou

Default Most Frustrating Loss

Post about the most frustrating loss that occurred when playing the game. Mine was when I only had to beat Ghetsis's last pokemon. I had my Scrafty use Hi Jump Kick it wiffed and Scrafty knocked itself out. I would have beaten the game if it had connected...

Christian Brutal Sniper! Dark Tranquillity's Avatar
    The Gallery, walking amongst the portraits. Where every picture holds a tale.

Default Re: Most Frustrating Loss

I guess I'll be the first poster here.

When Ace Trainer Elmer on Route 7 totoally decimated the three Pokemon I was using.

Because afterward It wouldn't let me send out more Pokemon.

This was before I realized that when those three Pokemon you were using faint, even if you have three other back-ups, you lose the match pretty much.

I actually had to skip him temporarily until my Pokemon were leveled up enough.
    SS FC: 4984 7968 7958, Pt. FC: 2666 0837 1829
    Name for both: Ben, White FC: 1978 9611 8922 Name: Alexi

Claims:
    Force Palm, Nidoqueen, Maylene, Old Chateau, Magma Leader, Magmarizer, Great Ball, Heavy Metal

Fun fact:
    TM28 contains Tombstony!

"My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic" fans unite!
    http://www.everypony.com/forums/forum.php

After beating the 5th Gym in Pokemon Black, I felt it was time to get my next team member. I headed to Chargestone Cave to catch a Tynamo. Now, Tynamo have extremely small appearing rates, so it was very difficult to find one. When I finally found one (after thirty minutes of searching), I had my Vanillite use Icy Wind, thinking it wouldn't knock out the Tynamo. Unfortunately, this game seems to have an incredibly high critical hit rate, and one such hit happened when I used Icy Wind and it fainted the Tynamo.

While it wasn't an official loss, I still felt like I had lost. I was too unmotivated and crushed to continue looking for a Tynamo, so I decided to catch a Ferroseed. Not a good choice, in my opinion, for my team already has enough Fire and Fighting weaknesses. In addition, the Ferroseed can't really do damage to anything.

I plan to replace it soon.
    Current Pokemon Black Team:

URPG Stats

Always challenge yourself in Pokemon. The toughest Pokemon make the game too easy.

All the rage loses that the 2nd gym causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    While it wasn't an official loss, I still felt like I had lost. I was too unmotivated and crushed to continue looking for a Tynamo, so I decided to catch a Ferroseed. Not a good choice, in my opinion, for my team already has enough Fire and Fighting weaknesses. In addition, the Ferroseed can't really do damage to anything.

I plan to replace it soon.
    Forwarning, you're right, Ferroseed is garbage

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Ferrothorn is an awesome tank, though, for all other types. (At least in-game, dunno about competitive) E: Looks like Smogon peeps think Ferrothorn is capable of supporting in Über. Think about that. :D

Mine must be this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    A small update here: I lost the double train at battle 14 to a superstall Amoonguss that got Leftovers, Ingrain and seven levels of Double Team up because I couldn't kill it early enough, and I ran out of PP first. Fuuuuck. >.>

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Probably when i lost to Bianca on Rt 8 last night, id almost beat her too

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I was in the Battle Subway the other day, and had reached the 48th battle. One more win, and I'd be able to face the subway boss.
    Then I come up against a freaking Amoongus, of all things, and everything went south. I'd allowed it to get in a single Double Team due to Dragon Dancing, which more or less spelled defeat for my Gyarados. I sent in Straptor and after getting seeded and Giga Drained for a while, a Brave Bird finally managed to land a hit and KO the thing. Depleting Staraptor's HP into the red, of course.
    Next opponent was a Galvantula. You can guess how that turned out.

Ferrothorn is an awesome tank, though, for all other types. (At least in-game, dunno about competitive) E: Looks like Smogon peeps think Ferrothorn is capable of supporting in Über. Think about that. :D

Mine must be this:
    Ferrothorn is one of the best walls out there, I will agree. But a wall is not something that is needed on a team that is still in the story mode of the game. Maybe after the Elite Four I will train him, not now.
    Current Pokemon Black Team:

URPG Stats

Always challenge yourself in Pokemon. The toughest Pokemon make the game too easy.

When I had to battle N three times because his Sigilyph OHKOd all of my Pokemon (at the ferris wheel)

Being sweeped by Clay's Excadrill who, after Bulldozing your Pokes till they're slowpokes (lol?), Hones Claws until it's a beast and sweeps your party.

Or, trying to beat Iris' Dragons by having a setup war;

Serperior used Leech Seed!
    Haxorus used Dragon Dance!
    It's Attack and Speed rose!

Serperior used Coil!
    It's Attack, Defense, and accuracy rose!

Serperior used Coil!

Serperior used Coil!

Serperior used Coil!
    Haxorus used Dragon Tail!
    Serperior was forced out!

Go! Fraxure! USE DRAGON CL- KO
    Hang in there, Serperior! USE L- KO
    .. KO KO KO KO.

Iris drags /Zer0 to the Pokemon Center and pickpockets him for a few thousand Pokedollars.

Blog Entries

Follow 062regrahc on Tumblr

bout 2 days ago against Alder. his Volcarona was out, his Escavalier wasn't KO'ed yet, all his other pokemon were.

i dont remember the details, but i do believe that Volcarona vs Mothra was not a good match. same with my Ghiroda, Carracosta, and others. my Carracosta reached lvl 50 that day, and i only lost 8800 pokedollars.

my only level 70 at the time was Mothra, and somehow i managed to get past 28 pokemon owned by 5 seperate people. Alder's Volcarona was the doom of my team.
    3833 < Glub glub! 3833

I tried to rematch the Elite Four again. Lost terribly

Mine must be this:
    Groudon eats Ferrothorn like a fat kid on a Buterfingers

Blog Entries

Elesa's Volt Switch.

Seriously.

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LENORA!!! OH MY GOD!!! Her Retaliate was the worst... Thank goodness for Throh...

Also, I am offering my services as an Original Pokemon Trainer designer. It's free, but I might need time depending on your requests. PM for details if you are interested.

Offline possibly for the summer. Don't VM or PM me because I may not see it for a few months.

Blog Entries

Sigilyph has managed to take out a good portion of my team whenever it shows up, but I have never actually lost to one.

My greatest loss is to Chargestone Cave. No, I did not white out or lose any of my pokemon. It's. Just. So. Long. It beats me in my mind!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast