More Gyms in Gen VI, Or Is 8 Enough? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should there be more gyms in Gen VI?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 8 isn't enough.

24 48.98%
  • No, 8 is enough and I think going over that is pushing it.

16 32.65%
  • Not sure.

9 18.37%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: More Gyms in Gen VI, Or Is 8 Enough?

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Default Re: More Gyms in Gen VI, Or Is 8 Enough?

Well they did in G/S/C/HG/SS, as they had 16 gyms lol But ultimately I don't mind either way.

It would just drag on the same, tired "journey". Yes, quotations, because I don't consider it a journey anymore, but a chore. Ironically, the grip that Pokémon has is too strong on me to stop playing.

Blog Entries

For me i'd probably take one more gym, but still only battle in eight. what i mean is maybe in terms of story, if you make a certain choice/choices you'll have to face one of them and forsake battling the other for their badge. thus having different outcomes. which numbered gym this would be, i don't know.

I'm for 8 gyms. But difference between versions.
    In one version U could have Ice and than in the other water, in one bug in the other grass.

Represent all Pokemon types that is more important for me. More gyms through the games is to much!

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't like if you had to complete more than 8 to finish the main story. But I'd be fine if they did it like it was in HGSS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

in all honesty, i can't see a way that more than eight mandatory gyms could be enjoyable. even eight is pushing it for me, in all honesty. that being said, i don't really mind fighting them that much and i'd be lying if i said that eight gyms didn't work, so eight + one or two "optional gyms" post-game or something would probably be more interesting. /me shrugs
    Last edited by scheisskopf; 14th July 2012 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elec-boy View Post
    More gyms, more challenge. 8 gyms, less of a challenge.
    I would say a few more would be worth everyone's time.

I'm not sure more gyms = more challenge. How do you prepare for a gym? Typically get one or two Pokemon with a type/move advantage, make sure they're high-levelled enough, and then go and win.

The gyms are nothing more than punctuation in the Pokemon storyline, really; milestones on your journey. But not necessarily difficult in and of themselves.
    If the gyms are nothing more than a punctuation, then the entire pokemon game is pointless because Gyms, the Elite Four and the Mysterious Organization that appears in every generation is the whole point of the main pokemon game.

I would get pokemon with a type advantage but make sure they are severely under-leveled. Plus the AI of the gym leaders are getting better, so you can't say that they are easy push-overs like those in Generation I.

Edit:
    I think what most people wanted to see was gyms like the Striaton Gym take advantage of the Rotation or Triple Battle System since there were 3 brothers. Then maybe Iris and Drayden can team up to do a double-battle Dragon gym. I always thought it was a pity they didn't include that.

So maybe we can have 8 standard single battle gyms and 4 gyms that will mix up the format a little bit to make things more interesting. I also think the elite 4 should stop specializing in types like the Champion, because specializing in types puts them at a disadvantage to certain types, making them easy to beat and hardly "elite".
    Last edited by mineowyn; 15th July 2012 at 06:26 AM.

8 more gyms post-game. Like HG/SS.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Considering how boring collecting badges are, even more so now since apparently gym puzzles are enough in half of the gyms, no more then 8 is fine. However, if they give you 16 badges in game, and you can collect whichever 8 you feel like for the pre-league bits, and go on with a story for the other 8 later on, with a massive region sure. Something like giving us Kanto/Johto together, and giving us a story all over the landmass, but GF haven't shown us enough competence for a story like this with 8 gyms, so yeah, I'm fine with 8.

How about simply placing Gen VI's region close to Hoenn, so that after fighting the elite four, you can then go and challenge the Gen III gyms (you'd simply use Surf the first time and either that or Fly to go back and forth between the regions afterwards). Of course, as with Gen II, there's a timeskip involved, so some things will have changed, just like in Kanto. Hoenn would still have it's own Elite Four and Champion. Of course, during the Hoenn journey, you'd have Fly, Surf, and the national dex already, but the Dive HM would only be acquired when you get to the relevant area. Most of the Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon would be available only by trading or Poke Transfer, with Hoenn having all the Pokemon from the first three generations available (to remove the requirement of linking with the GBA games, which aren't compatible with the 3DS). Of course, some of the Elite Fours would have the same type specialities as the gym leaders.

More gyms = More training = More fun = Uh.... good game?
    Please call me LT, not XX or whatever. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123