Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66

Thread: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

  1. #31
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,386
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Doubling it might be too much. Keep in mind you're buffing Tangrowth and Leafeon into obscene physical tanks with 250 and 260 base defense respectively.

    How about doubling Special Defense instead? Only Meganium (maybe Jumpluff and Lilligant, but Chlorophyll) could pose a problem, though there is no Pokemon with Leaf Guard and really high Special Defenses.
    Well, I said defense because it just seems like more Pokemon could abuse the defense boost, but Sp. Def is definitely a solid option as well. It would definitely help Meganium distinguish itself from Tangela and carve a niche for itself, if nothing else. Jumpluff and Lilligant could be feasibly used in stall teams to much better success, both possessing good natural speed (and QD in Lilligant's case) so I guess that's just one more role they can fill.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  2. #32
    Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    435
    Blog Entries
    6

    Visit ShinyRiolu's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Effect Spore including burns.


  3. #33
    Charizard fur MegaCharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ca,USA
    Posts
    313
    Blog Entries
    28
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    I don't think I belong in this thread but im just going to say this:

    and idea of mine for gen 6: Attacks that allways do a certain amount of damage will now be effected by weakness and strength,example:

    Dragon Rage allways does 40 damage but my idea for these moves would be that if Dragon Rage is a dragon type move,if the attack is "super effective" then that damage is 80 and if "not effective" then 20 damage...also this would be effected by same type bonus as well.

    Just a idea of mine.....


  4. #34
    ~Enter The Void~ Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fire Nation
    Posts
    1,303
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaChar View Post
    I don't think I belong in this thread but im just going to say this:

    and idea of mine for gen 6: Attacks that allways do a certain amount of damage will now be effected by weakness and strength,example:

    Dragon Rage allways does 40 damage but my idea for these moves would be that if Dragon Rage is a dragon type move,if the attack is "super effective" then that damage is 80 and if "not effective" then 20 damage...also this would be effected by same type bonus as well.

    Just a idea of mine.....
    it's not a bad idea, but that would pretty much take away the point of the move. It is suppose to do set damage, and adding weakness and resistance to the move would make it similar to most other moves.

  5. #35
    Registered User Kojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Wonder Guard should also contain the same effects as Magic Guard. Shedinja got way too unusable through all the use of weather, entry hazards, status, leech seed, and the implementation of team preview.

  6. #36
    ~Enter The Void~ Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fire Nation
    Posts
    1,303
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    This has to do with stats, rather than moves or abilities, however, I would loved to See Dragonite's speed stat increased a little. I believe it is quite slow now, considering it's Pokedex entry states it can fly around the world in 16 hours. Also, when your Metagross is faster than your Dragonite that was EV trained in Speed, it seems a little sad.

  7. #37
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,386
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    This has to do with stats, rather than moves or abilities, however, I would loved to See Dragonite's speed stat increased a little. I believe it is quite slow now, considering it's Pokedex entry states it can fly around the world in 16 hours. Also, when your Metagross is faster than your Dragonite that was EV trained in Speed, it seems a little sad.
    Metagross shouldn't be faster than Dragonite. D-nite has a base speed 10 points higher than Metagross. (Dragonite Speed: 80. Metagross Speed: 70)

    Maybe your D-nite has bad Speed IVs?

    And, to be fair, Dragonite does get Extremespeed as a shout out to its Pokedex entries.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  8. #38
    ~Enter The Void~ Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fire Nation
    Posts
    1,303
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    This has to do with stats, rather than moves or abilities, however, I would loved to See Dragonite's speed stat increased a little. I believe it is quite slow now, considering it's Pokedex entry states it can fly around the world in 16 hours. Also, when your Metagross is faster than your Dragonite that was EV trained in Speed, it seems a little sad.
    Metagross shouldn't be faster than Dragonite. D-nite has a base speed 10 points higher than Metagross. (Dragonite Speed: 80. Metagross Speed: 70)

    Maybe your D-nite has bad Speed IVs?

    And, to be fair, Dragonite does get Extremespeed as a shout out to its Pokedex entries.
    Sorry, I just remembered I EV trained Dragonite's HP, not speed. I suppose he may not have great IVs in his speed, which is why he is slower than my Metagross. I'm not sure why I thought for a second I EV trained his speed.

  9. #39
    Call me Yusuke Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,461
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    I found out recently that my earlier suggestion for fixing Azumarill/Medicham (doubling the Attack stat and removing Huge/Pure Power) would not work.

    It turns out that Huge/Pure Power practically triples Azumarill/Medicham's Attack, so I'm A) changing my suggestion to "Triple Azumarill and Medicham's Attack, remove Huge/Pure Power" and B) telling you all so you all know in case you were like me and did not know this.

    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Rough Skin — Also reduces damage from contact moves(effectively has 1.5x defense against them).
    Draco Meteor — Half power and Sp. Attack loss while under weather.
    Flash — Becomes an Electric-type Mud Slap.
    Swift Swim/Chlorophyll — Is instead Speed Boost under their respective weather effects.

  11. #41
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,144
    Blog Entries
    392

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I found out recently that my earlier suggestion for fixing Azumarill/Medicham (doubling the Attack stat and removing Huge/Pure Power) would not work.

    It turns out that Huge/Pure Power practically triples Azumarill/Medicham's Attack, so I'm A) changing my suggestion to "Triple Azumarill and Medicham's Attack, remove Huge/Pure Power" and B) telling you all so you all know in case you were like me and did not know this.
    But you were right originally, as it does double their Attack.

    The thing people forget is that it doesn't simply double their Base Attack, it doubles their current attack stat which is why it's such a useful Ability and changing their Base Stat wouldn't be the same.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

    An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

    Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

    Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

  12. #42

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Slow Start needs to be overhauled, there's no need for a major legendary to have a hindering ability. Instead Regigigas could start with half its speed and attack, but every turn after that each of those stats would be boosted by one stage. Maybe then it could actually fight on par with the likes of Mewtwo and Kyogre.

  13. #43

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    (Coming from someone who has no experience at all in competitive play)
    I think that if Defeatist should keep its main effect at all, then it should get a bit of a silver lining. Like maybe, when Archeops's attack stat gets cut, it kind of pools into its defences, just to make it do something.

    After all, do you think the first Archaeopteryx just gave up on its dream to fly the first time it hit the ground? No! Archaeopteryx was almost certainly not the first dinosaur to fly (if it even did), and it's pretty hard/impossible to define a first member of a species anyway! . . . Maybe I should work on my analogies a bit. But the ability still doesn't seem to go with the theme of Archen and Archeops as it is, so at least a little tweak would be nice.

  14. #44
    The Man of Squirtles SquirtleMan493's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    Move changes:

    Cut becomes a 50 BP Grass type move.
    Strength becomes a 80 BP Fighting type move.
    Rock Climb becomes a 90 BP Rock type move.
    Flash becomes a 20 BP Electric type move that lowers Accuracy by one stage.
    Defog becomes a 20 BP Flying type move that lowers Evasion by one stage.

    There you go, HMs become fun.

    HeartGold: 3825-0928-4475 Platinum: 2106-4902-4792 Black: 1978-9522-9634

  15. #45

    Default Re: Modification of Mechanics in Moves and Abilities

    I had some similar ideas to that, but Cut would instead become a Steel-type Slash clone. As I mentioned before, I agree with Flash becoming an Electric-type Mud Slap.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •