(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 8

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

Serebii is several hours late to the party.

Well now any doubt to Gen VI coming in 2013 is just plain denial....... 10 more days!

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I can bet you 5 dollars that the announcement is going to be for some Genesect Wi-Fi distribution and nothing more, no Gen VI Pokemon appearing or anything, just a Genesect distribution event. That's what I'm getting vibes of...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I can bet you 5 dollars that the announcement is going to be for some Genesect Wi-Fi distribution and nothing more, no Gen VI Pokemon appearing or anything, just a Genesect distribution event. That's what I'm getting vibes of...
    The Genesect Wi-Fi distribution has already been announced. Besides, it would be really silly if they made such a big deal about any Wi-Fi event.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    The Genesect Wi-Fi distribution has already been announced. Besides, it would be really silly if they made such a big deal about any Wi-Fi event.
    Especially if its announced around the same time Masuda is making an appearance on Smash, when 2/3 last times he was on; he revealed a new Pokemon and a new Batch of Games. Something is coming....

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

All hands on deck the carnival of stupid shall begin!

On a more serious note, last time Masuda on smash never means anything really, except for those odd times it actually did and smash was more or less leaning to it anyway, but the random tuesday after smash does. Since its also a general franchise anouncement for all we know Pokemon can be moving away from its Thursday slot to a Tuesday slot. Not really cause that's not as big as its being made out to be, but its certainly not going to be as big as a new game reveal. Whatever's coming is coming after September, meaning we're likely gonna have to wait till april at the least if a new game is coming.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XxPantheraxX View Post
    Especially if its announced around the same time Masuda is making an appearance on Smash, when 2/3 last times he was on; he revealed a new Pokemon and a new Batch of Games. Something is coming....
    I still wouldn't get my hopes up about Smash considering that the episode will revolve around a battle tournament and Shigeki Morimoto is Game Freak's battle director. None of Masuda's tweets hinted at anything important, either.

But that is not to say that the January 8th announcement won't be important. Perhaps Smash will just remind viewers about the upcoming announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman
    Since its also a general franchise anouncement for all we know Pokemon can be moving away from its Thursday slot to a Tuesday slot.
    That is definitely not the case. There will be a normal episode on the 10th.
    Last edited by Silktree; 29th December 2012 at 11:03 AM.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

That's why I edited. One more thing, why would it be a WiFi event? I know that gametroll can be gametroll, but considering how its not a Smash ep, and its an announcement on a random day, its probably something as big as a new Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Not really cause that's not as big as its being made out to be, but its certainly not going to be as big as a new game reveal.
    They could easily confirm that Generation VI is in development for the 3DS. That's what they did with Generation V in late January 2010.

That is actually why I am not excited about this; confirmation alone would be nothing interesting. But I'd be impressed if we got even a short animated trailer, which would explain the teaser being shown after the B2W2 animated trailer. If Movie 16 got an animated teaser (misleading though it may have been) a year in advance, why shouldn't the games?
    Last edited by Silktree; 29th December 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Have they ever announced a new Pokemon like this before? I'm just wondering apart from a Wi-fi event, what else this could be....

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Not really cause that's not as big as its being made out to be, but its certainly not going to be as big as a new game reveal.
    They could easily confirm that Generation VI is in development for the 3DS. That's what they did with Generation V in late January 2010.

That is actually why I am not excited about this; confirmation alone would be nothing interesting. But I'd be impressed if we got even a short animated trailer, which would explain the teaser being shown after the B2W2 animated trailer. If Movie 16 got an animated teaser (misleading though it may have been) a year in advance, why shouldn't the games?
    Confirmation of any games would come through an investor's meeting then TPC, like last year, not through some random blurb on TV. What's even stranger is that I do not believe this is something TV related, as there is no time, just a general January 8th is the date thing. Which leads me to a new Pokemon being revealed. Pokemon Sunday has Masuda, and that's when he'll likely give further details as to when on Tuesday whatever will be revealed. As to why the hell they would go through this hassle for just a new Pokemon is perplexing, but even more if it where to announce a new game. Unless the game is not gen 6, and I'm not going down that road for numerous excrutiating reasons.

Hype train, all aboard, choo choo, etc etc.
    Blazaking likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    Confirmation of any games would come through an investor's meeting then TPC, like last year, not through some random blurb on TV.
    We don't even know that the announcement will be made on TV. Also, it is not typical for Pokémon games to be revealed by Nintendo. Even when it happened with Black and White, the Pokémon Company posted a separate announcement on the official website.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Confirmation of any games would come through an investor's meeting then TPC, like last year, not through some random blurb on TV.
    We don't even know that the announcement will be made on TV. Also, it is not typical for Pokémon games to be revealed by Nintendo. Even when it happened with Black and White, the Pokémon Company posted a separate announcement on the official website.
    Did you read my entire posts? And did you even read the bit you quoted? I specified that it was first said through an investor meeting, Iwata, and then TPC, through the site. As I also said its doubtful to be on TV as no time is specified.

Blog Entries

I specified that it was first said through an investor meeting, Iwata, and then TPC, through the site.
    Those things practically happened simultaneously. But there is little reason to expect them to repeat what they did three years ago to the letter. Again, it is not typical for Nintendo to get involved in these involvements, so it is beyond me why you're ruling out a game announcement just because of that.

Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM
  9. 25th December 2012, 01:41 PM
  10. 25th December 2012, 09:44 AM