(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 63

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    If Sacred Beast forme Landorus & Raikou are anything to go by, then I wouldn't be that worried. GF seem to be pretty literal with their tiger designs. The only other typing that would fit a fire tiger is probably Dark due to the predatory nature.

In any case, I also am really hoping another Fire/Fighting starter is NOT revealed. From whats left of the theoretical Zodiac theme:

Snake
    Goat/Ram
    Tiger
    Rat
    Rabbit
    Dog
    Ox

Unless they do something wacky like give the Rabbit boxing gloves, I think its safe to say we are finished with Fire/Fighting starters. (If they truly do follow the Zodiac)
    That's true about those other tiger-based Pokemon designs and out of the remaining Zodiac animals left, the only one that I could see them maybe using as another Fighting type would be the rabbit, but a Fire/Flying combination sounds a lot better. A Fire/Dark tiger based starter Pokemon sounds pretty awesome, so I'd love to see something like that for the next Fire starter.

Blog Entries

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    If Sacred Beast forme Landorus & Raikou are anything to go by, then I wouldn't be that worried. GF seem to be pretty literal with their tiger designs. The only other typing that would fit a fire tiger is probably Dark due to the predatory nature.

In any case, I also am really hoping another Fire/Fighting starter is NOT revealed. From whats left of the theoretical Zodiac theme:

Snake
    Goat/Ram
    Tiger
    Rat
    Rabbit
    Dog
    Ox

Unless they do something wacky like give the Rabbit boxing gloves, I think its safe to say we are finished with Fire/Fighting starters. (If they truly do follow the Zodiac)
    That's true about those other tiger-based Pokemon designs and out of the remaining Zodiac animals left, the only one that I could see them maybe using as another Fighting type would be the rabbit, but a Fire/Flying combination sounds a lot better. A Fire/Dark tiger based starter Pokemon sounds pretty awesome, so I'd love to see something like that for the next Fire starter.
    In all honesty I never saw a pig becoming a Fire/Fighting line and then GameFreak took perfect, potential-packed, quadrupedal Tepig and turned him into Emboar, a bipedal mistake. Ultimately any kind of animal could yield any kind of typing(s). All bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post

Snake
    Goat/Ram
    Tiger
    Rat
    Rabbit
    Dog
    Ox

In all honesty I never saw a pig becoming a Fire/Fighting line and then GameFreak took perfect, potential-packed, quadrupedal Tepig and turned him into Emboar, a bipedal mistake. Ultimately any kind of animal could yield any kind of typing(s). All bets are off.
    Heh too bad GF didn't take the opportunity to make the Tepig line Fire/Flying. When pigs fly, right?
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

I'll jump off a cliff if it's Fire/Fighting.
    Chronos, Mucrush and ~Dreamscape~ like this.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Four times in a row with that Fire/Fighting crap would be the most obnoxious shit ever. GF, don't do it. Please don't. I'd rather a pure Fire-type starter than another one of those. Three was really pushing it.

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

To make a pig intil some sumo boar was the stupidest thing I had ever seen. Totally blew a chance for an amazing Fire/Rock, Fire/Ground, Fire/Steel boar...thing.....

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

El_
    Blog Entries

Emboar is that way because it is based off one the same story characters as Infernape (its pig friend in the story), so it does actually make sense in context. Zhu Bajie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Admittedly, I guess they still could have done something different with it though despite being from the same inspiration, or just not have used that inspiration to begin with. Unless they use another character from that story, I really do think were done with the dreaded typing.
    8ther likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

And I think that's one of the reasons I'm so excited for the release of a new generation, if announced tomorrow or not, because we'll hopefully break some old traditions. As much as GameFreak tried to market Black & White as "new" it didn't feel it. I'm hoping they really knock off our socks this time.

Emboar is that way because it is based off one the same story characters as Infernape (its pig friend in the story), so it does actually make sense in context. Zhu Bajie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Admittedly, I guess they still could have done something different with it though despite being from the same inspiration, or just not have used that inspiration to begin with. Unless they use another character from that story, I really do think were done with the dreaded typing.
    To be fair, even if they do draw from the story again I don't think there's really anyone in the main group that they can force into that typing. Sha Wujing would better fit water (or ground) due to his association with sand and water techniques, and Xuanzang and Yu Long would better fit psychic or normal and dragon or flying respectively as secondary typings over fighting.
    Last edited by Zweilous; 7th January 2013 at 01:49 AM.
    El_ and Joshawott like this.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

I'm personally very excited for tommorrow. What will they announce, I know I must be patiend, but I can hardly wait.

I agree on no more Fire/Fighting evolutions, enough is enough.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

I've been holding off buying a 3DS for a while now, simply sticking to my Vita...but with all this hype, i'm already planning on buying my brothers older 3DS once I know for sure what this announcement is.

I really want it to be Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but I don't think they would start the first wave of main pokemon games on the 3DS with remakes. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    I'm personally very excited for tommorrow. What will they announce, I know I must be patiend, but I can hardly wait.

But we need more Fire/Fighting! GameFreak should scrap all other types and stick to only Fire/Fighting!

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    I usually only pop my head out when new gens are announced, past that I just lurk and read posts. But I imagine we'll see a lot of threads with titles such as "OMG!! POKEMON GREENISHBROWN!?! OMG" from a lot of overly excited fans. As opposed to posting in this thread specifically lol.
    That's kind of my way of doing things as well. I can get active when something like that happens. After, though, I'm content with just lurking and posting randomly here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko Hasano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    I usually only pop my head out when new gens are announced, past that I just lurk and read posts. But I imagine we'll see a lot of threads with titles such as "OMG!! POKEMON GREENISHBROWN!?! OMG" from a lot of overly excited fans. As opposed to posting in this thread specifically lol.
    That's kind of my way of doing things as well. I can get active when something like that happens. After, though, I'm content with just lurking and posting randomly here and there.
    That's...pretty much what I do too. I prefer lurking opposed to posting, glad to see that I'm not the only one that does it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokenathan View Post
    I've been holding off buying a 3DS for a while now, simply sticking to my Vita...but with all this hype, i'm already planning on buying my brothers older 3DS once I know for sure what this announcement is.

I really want it to be Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but I don't think they would start the first wave of main pokemon games on the 3DS with remakes. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post

But we need more Fire/Fighting! GameFreak should scrap all other types and stick to only Fire/Fighting!
    How about a fire/fighting Pokémon that isn't a starter, or mix it around to fighting/fire, that way you don't have to be forced to get it, if you're a fire starter enthusiast.

I don't care what the secondary typing is (the starter), so long as it's NOT the fighting type. How about psychic instead, that would be interesting. I always thought a fire/psychic or psychic/fire would make for a unique combination. A Pokémon that can control the movements of it's fire attacks, perhaps even guaranteeing that they actually hit the opposing Pokémon. Give it an aura sphere fire type signature move.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 7th January 2013 at 05:14 AM.

though the odds of my idea are slim to none.. what if gen 6 is announced, and that one of the new features would be a "LIVE" Gym, where its only open certain times of the day, and its a "Wi-fi" Gym, where you battle an actual person in a live gym battle, and if you lose, you have to come back later to try again (that person would be an official person from nintendo, not some random person, obviously youd need a group of "leaders" to handle situations where multiple people try to enter the gym at once, or have an "in game appointment" where you have a set time to play in that gym vs the leader) .. just a random idea that popped into my head just now.. having a LIVE gym, would be quite a shakeup in the games..

Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM
  9. 25th December 2012, 01:41 PM
  10. 25th December 2012, 09:44 AM