(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 61

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 61 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Blog Entries

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    If it were the new games and an Eeveelution it would be a bigger deal. This can't be about just a new Pokemon.
    Unless they think that introducing a new Eeveelution is big enough news to warrant a countdown timer and we're all letting the hype just go to our heads.

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

I just got the idea that we could get an animated trailer like the ones of Black2/White2 for the gen 6 games on january 8.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    An Eevolution wouldn't merit the countdown, and an Eevolution wouldn't be thrown in with the announcement of the titles, so it's really weird. We're nowhere near the introduction of Virgil or the Eevee short, so I think the twitter thing may just be a random thing, and no not them trolling us. I think we'll get the date of a bigger announcement, which'll be the titles and possibly mascots, and at the moment we'll just be getting an Eevolution shadow or two akin to Zoroark's, and that'll be revealed either the 15th with CoroCoro or some time early February either Smash or CoroCoro.
    I don't think an announcement of a 3DS game by itself would merit a countdown either, especially an international announcement unless it was being released at the same time.

They say it's going to be big, an announcement of titles, a new Pokémon (regardless of it being an Eeveelution or some other 6th generation Pokémon), and potentially what console (3DS) the game will come out. THAT would merit an international announcement.

Titles of the games, just doesn't seem big enough news, to warrant an international announcement by itself. Even if that's what's going to happen.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

The current situation was the same this time two years back when they simultaneously announced Pokemon Black & White, a 3DS game is worthy of a global countdown.
    Shiny Celebi likes this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

The world is more connected than it was even two and a half years ago. It's not outrageous that they're making an event out of this announcement even if it's nothing other than saying that yes in deed Gen VI is on the horizon. It's just the evolution of online media.

Maybe in other ways but they're still promoting it exactly the same way they did in 2010, they're advertising it on all of the International Pokemon websites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Facebook View Post
    The current situation was the same this time two years back when they simultaneously announced Pokemon Black & White, a 3DS game is worthy of a global countdown.
    I'm pretty sure, 5th gen was first revealed in Japan (in some fashion) before anything else (Zorua and Zoroark for example were revealed in English a lot later, because I remember the wait for if they were going to keep their Japanese names). The first mention I remember of 5th gen from the English side was MAYBE the starters if not Zekrom and Reshiram.

If this is a 6th gen announcement, I believe this would be the first time all revelations of the next generation (in some fashion or another) would be globally revealed.

Maybe they are doing something different. Maybe international Pokémon fans deserve to be in on the loop like the Japanese fans, and this is why they are doing this. But for the most part, just titles, or just a mention of a 3DS game coming up (more info LATER) does not by itself warrant a global announcement. Or the hype it's received.

Remember Heartgold and Soulsilver? The revelation of those games while highly anticipated came from out of the blue.

And if I remember correctly, the revelation of 5th generation was simply Iwata saying something along the lines of "New Pokémon Games from Gamefreak coming soon" just a simple announcement of upcoming games, and nothing more.

Granted straight up titles do merit more than an announcement of upcoming games but it would be pretty poor to hype up just words
    "Introducing Pokémon A and Pokémon B or maybe even Pokémon C upcoming titles for the 3DS by Gamefreak, find out more later"

Words by themselves don't merit hyping of an announcement.

Images of the titles, that might end up on the box cover, now that would merit even more. But still it would just be beautiful (maybe), stylized words. There has to be some kind of image of it, hell use an older generation Pokémon to hide any 6th generation Pokémon, just a simple screenshot of something within the game would work. Especially if older generation Pokémon will be in the game, then later, substitute with newer Pokémon.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Zekrom and Reshiram were simultaneous US & JP. First time anything like that happened. But there was no lead into that in the US, and Japan it was just sorta known something would show up because the lead into BW had already begun back in February. It's not the same way it was two and a half years ago, because this time there's a lead into it being advertised. We can't compare it to anything that happened in the past because nothing like this has happened in the past, so people really need to stop trying.
    P0kelegend likes this.

That may be true, but they could lead with the mascots this time.

"About an hour ago, the official Japanese Pokemon website and Pokemon.com simultaneously revealed the Legendary mascots of Pokemon Black and White: they are to be named Reshiram (レシラム) and Zekrom (ゼクロム) for both the English and Japanese games."

That was for Black & White. Rather than hinting at something that would obvious imply a new generation by revealing a silhouette to Japan exclusively, they could just spring it upon us promptly so that we're in speculation right up until the point of the reveal. Although with all of the Eevee references it could be the reveal of new games on the 3DS and the new Eeveelution for the said new game(s) which would definitely be worthy of a global simultaneous announcement.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by r0cks0l1d View Post
    Not sure if this is worth acknowledging, but look what the official Twitter account just posted.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/287940481814523905

It's odd since there's an Eevee short for the next movie and some guy in the anime has all the Eeveelutions and an Eevee.
    Eevee's are definitely coming next gen. I dunno what exactly this means, but they're coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthe☈a View Post
    If you all could pick the number of Pokemon that will debut in this Generation, how many would you pick? Tbh I'd like 121, which would bring the total up to 770. Though 128, would bring it up to 777 which would be fun.

I think there should be less then Kanto, Hoenn and Unova, but still more then Johto and Sinnoh. Something in the middle would fit nicely.
    Exactly, Johto and Sinnoh got robbed cause of a poor roster, and that tiny more could have made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthe☈a View Post
    So since every Fire Starter has basically been one of the Chinese Zodiac.

Charmander: Dragon
    Cyndaquil: Rat
    Torchic: Rooster
    Chimchar: Monkey
    Tepig: Pig

So what would you all expect/want for the 6th Gen one? The remaining choices are; Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Snake, Horse, Goat, Dog. Personally I think a Tiger, Dog or a Rabbit are the best options considering Snivy is a snake, we already have Ponyta and a Goat doesn't really seem like the best choice.
    Fire rabbit, more specifically a flying fire rabbit. I know charizard exists for the fire/flying type, but I just really want a flying rabbit damn it. If not a Tiger, complete with an uber chibi starter form.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm pretty sure, 5th gen was first revealed in Japan (in some fashion) before anything else (Zorua and Zoroark for example were revealed in English a lot later, because I remember the wait for if they were going to keep their Japanese names). The first mention I remember of 5th gen from the English side was MAYBE the starters if not Zekrom and Reshiram.

If this is a 6th gen announcement, I believe this would be the first time all revelations of the next generation (in some fashion or another) would be globally revealed.

Maybe they are doing something different. Maybe international Pokémon fans deserve to be in on the loop like the Japanese fans, and this is why they are doing this. But for the most part, just titles, or just a mention of a 3DS game coming up (more info LATER) does not by itself warrant a global announcement. Or the hype it's received.

Remember Heartgold and Soulsilver? The revelation of those games while highly anticipated came from out of the blue.

And if I remember correctly, the revelation of 5th generation was simply Iwata saying something along the lines of "New Pokémon Games from Gamefreak coming soon" just a simple announcement of upcoming games, and nothing more.

Granted straight up titles do merit more than an announcement of upcoming games but it would be pretty poor to hype up just words
    "Introducing Pokémon A and Pokémon B or maybe even Pokémon C upcoming titles for the 3DS by Gamefreak, find out more later"

Words by themselves don't merit hyping of an announcement.

Images of the titles, that might end up on the box cover, now that would merit even more. But still it would just be beautiful (maybe), stylized words. There has to be some kind of image of it, hell use an older generation Pokémon to hide any 6th generation Pokémon, just a simple screenshot of something within the game would work. Especially if older generation Pokémon will be in the game, then later, substitute with newer Pokémon.
    Exactly. Whatever this is will have logos for sure, and perhaps the mascots. Now I know this is crazy, but with all the hype around Eevee, I think that they're gonna shock us by doing something that hasn't happened since gen 2:
    New Types. Call it a hunch, but announcing it this early might be cause the news will be so wow, it could be discussed till more concrete news comes. The type(s) would(will be introduced through (an)Eevee, and perhaps reflect a balance to an older form, like dark and psychic. While there is nothing super uber strong, perhaps it would be like a counterbalance to a suped up steel type.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Zekrom and Reshiram were simultaneous US & JP. First time anything like that happened. But there was no lead into that in the US, and Japan it was just sorta known something would show up because the lead into BW had already begun back in February. It's not the same way it was two and a half years ago, because this time there's a lead into it being advertised. We can't compare it to anything that happened in the past because nothing like this has happened in the past, so people really need to stop trying.
    That may be true, but they could lead with the mascots this time.

"About an hour ago, the official Japanese Pokemon website and Pokemon.com simultaneously revealed the Legendary mascots of Pokemon Black and White: they are to be named Reshiram (レシラム) and Zekrom (ゼクロム) for both the English and Japanese games."

That was for Black & White. Rather than hinting at something that would obvious imply a new generation by revealing a silhouette to Japan exclusively, they could just spring it upon us promptly so that we're in speculation right up until the point of the reveal. Although with all of the Eevee references it could be the reveal of new games on the 3DS and the new Eeveelution for the said new game(s) which would definitely be worthy of a global simultaneous announcement.
    If assuming Black and White the titles were revealed for everyone alongside with Zekrom and Reshiram, you do realize the flaw in using them example.

I'm pretty sure Zekrom and Reshiram are actual images of brand new Pokémon.

That is not at what I'm arguing. If they actually did pull a Zekrom and Reshiram, then that is what I'm arguing because THAT WOULD merit a global revelation.

I'm just arguing straight up words.

I'll be fine with logos.

But if it's straight up just words, and merely stating games are upcoming, I'll be disappointed. Because that just a huge tease, and nothing to go on. At least logos or even mascots or even screenshots, now that would merit some discussion that could be generated.

I can't imagine the hell the mods would have to go through if it was merely words that were revealed. At least give us titles, non logo form. We don't need simply "Upcoming 3DS games, find out more later."

They would need to reveal the logo's too but we haven't got long to wait now, in fact it's only 24 hours now.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Lightbulb

The games will probably be released in the west around the holiday period. Nintendo could make an absolute killing by releasing two Nintendo 3DS (or XL) bundles around Christmas: Have 2 bundles, each one coming with a pre-installed copy of one of the Pokémon games, with the 3DS either being a limited edition Pokémon one, or the same colour as the included version.

Nintendo would dominate Christmas 2013 if they did that. Oh Nintendo you crafty geniuses.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Lightbulb

The games will probably be released in the west around the holiday period. Nintendo could make an absolute killing by releasing two Nintendo 3DS (or XL) bundles around Christmas: Have 2 bundles, each one coming with a pre-installed copy of one of the Pokémon games, with the 3DS either being a limited edition Pokémon one, or the same colour as the included version.

Nintendo would dominate Christmas 2013 if they did that. Oh Nintendo you crafty geniuses.
    If they do that, its the first time I would buy a console twice purely out of gluttony for a bitching limited edition.
    And yes, Nintendo would likely be dominating the market for Christmas, and the year for Japan.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Lightbulb

If they do that, its the first time I would buy a console twice purely out of gluttony for a bitching limited edition.
    And yes, Nintendo would likely be dominating the market for Christmas, and the year for Japan.
    I was tempted to buy the Pikachu 3DS XL, but now I think I'll hold back in case that happens...

Page 61 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM
  9. 25th December 2012, 01:41 PM
  10. 25th December 2012, 09:44 AM