(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 55

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Blog Entries

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

I suspect since this a global event I expect it not only to be a new generation but a new generation with major changes the 3ds has the power of the gamecube graphically so 3D models are possible another possible is major gameplay changes like more moves per a pokemon or more pokemon for a party I don't expect to know what's going to happen but suspect a shocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by szmty View Post
    Ok, I see where this is going. People are rejecting the idea of remakes because TPCi once said that they wern't doing remakes for the 3DS at first. However, many people feel like it would be too early for a next-gen game... and some think otherwise.
    Most have different opinions regarding this topic...
    My opinion at this point is that decisions can change at anytime, and that the TPCi and Masuda's tweet doesn't really matter so much. I'm trying to trust Masuda's voice. It wouldn't be very good to hype people about a possible remake, and then telling you that they'll skip it out for another 2 or 3 years.
    Its not just that. Starting out with remakes on a new console is not a good move. People buy new handhelds more readily in conjunction with new Gens, regions, Pokemon, etc. It gives a much better incentive to go out and buy the console rather than buy it for remaking something we've had before.
    But you're considering old fans like us here. Remember that a high amount of the fanbase are still kids. They don't remember R/S, it would be pretty new for them. Also, many others would want it, due to the nostalgia factor. It could sell as much as HG/SS did. And finally, it paves up for the next generation; GAME FREAK makes their safe move into the 3DS. They'll know better how it works, and a year later we get the Sixth gen., with graphical improvements and all.

Remakes here would be the solution. Let Ash go to Hoenn again, just as he went back to Kanto.
    I still say and I will keep saying that this generation should have been on the 3DS. They did a pretty big error there.
    There is nothing left for Ash to do in Hoenn considering he already won the Battle Frontier. Even if they did do remakes, as we saw with HG/SS there is no certainty they would do anything in the anime pertaining to it. (At least not anything substantial)

I don't see it as an error. I personally would rather have games that made full use of the Nintendo DS's potential than games that made little use of the 3DS's potential, which is what would have happened had B/W been "ported" to the 3DS with a few extra features.
    Well, there were 5 more frontier brains in Pt/Hg/Ss that could appear..
    ...umm...
    Ok, I think that the anime is what can make this a little more problematic. It supposedly went very fast. I don't really know, I don't watch the anime anymore for various reasons. Not that I don't like it at all however, I did watched it a lot when I was a kid.

(edit: damn, until I got those quotes right
    it's very very late here, I better get some rest for this night zzz)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    Of course, the more the merrier!
    Quality is more important than quantity is. The two aren't mutually exclusive, but I don't think that quantity should be considered a priority (certainly not in every generation).
    I agree. But I have been very pleased with the designs from B/W, so I have faith and confidence that the Game Freak team will be able to release just as many high-quality Pokemon.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I am interested in the new Pokemon. I cant even tell you how many Pokemon I like from Gen 5, it would take too long, I really like a lot of them, I hope Gen 6's are just as good. Id rather see them focus on making fewer Pokemon and having them be better than releasing large numbers of them that may not be great.

El_
    Blog Entries

For the sake of argument, lets say that Hoenn remakes were in the works. (Even though GF have said they aren't, just entertaining the idea) Wouldn't it be better for them to come afterwards and look better graphically than Gen 6? Gen 6 does not even need such an advantage because it would be upgrading strait from BW2 and the DS, so it would already be showing off the 3DS's power and kicking off a new era for the handhelds.

Hoenn on the other hand, would benefit more I think if it came later with improved graphics. One of the biggest draws for me in those games were the beautiful and diverse environments, so I would not mind if it looked better than the Gen 6 paired versions and had needed improvements.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For the sake of argument, lets say that Hoenn remakes were in the works. (Even though GF have said they aren't, just entertaining the idea) Wouldn't it be better for them to come afterwards and look better graphically than Gen 6? Gen 6 does not even need such an advantage because it would be upgrading strait from BW2 and the DS, so it would already be showing off the 3DS's power and kicking off a new era for the handhelds.

Hoenn on the other hand, would benefit more I think if it came later with improved graphics. One of the biggest draws for me in those games were the beautiful and diverse environments, so I would not mind if it looked better than the Gen 6 paired versions and had needed improvements.
    Exactly I agree with everything you just posted. Besides I think it's better for the 6th Generation Games to come out first because any of the things that they get wrong in the first games (which is probably minor) can always be fixed in the third version or sequel depending on what route they take this time around.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Well, there were 5 more frontier brains in Pt/Hg/Ss that could appear..
    ...umm...
    Ok, I think that the anime is what can make this a little more problematic. It supposedly went very fast. I don't really know, I don't watch the anime anymore for various reasons. Not that I don't like it at all however, I did watched it a lot when I was a kid.

(edit: damn, until I got those quotes right
    it's very very late here, I better get some rest for this night zzz)
    I don't watch it at all since Brock left. When I tried to watch it at the start I couldn't stand a thing that came out of Cilan's mouth. Every time he'd mention something related to cooking or food I always get pissed because it sounds retarded. One thing about going back to hoenn...I don't know what ash would need to go back there for.

oh wait, I forgot the Hoenn Frontier was in Kanto in the anime...well I'm just naming off of random facts, who knows what this announcement will even be. People need to stop being so brash about it though.

Too much contrast for this late at night. Perhaps I'll continue tomorrow...wait, it is tomorrow...in the afternoon after the Seahawks game.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

With the announcement coming on the 8th, I suspect it will most likely be the sixth generation games. They'll probably be out at the end of 2013 maybe and we'll be finding out their names and maybe some new features they'll have. I haven't given up on RSE remakes though, which I hope will either come in the mean time while we wait for the main games (as a last installment to Gen 5) or AFTER the new gen 6 games as part of 3DS. Given the DS is an outdated system, I think any remakes will be held back for the 3DS and seeing as a generation doesn't start until the main series games are released, they might come afterwards because I think Game Freak will want the first 3DS Pokemon games to be a brand new installment rather than a remake.

Also I think that because they want to take the series in a "new direction" they might not do remakes as much as they'll do "re-imaginings". So maybe they will do a game set in Hoenn but set on the same time scale as the generation 6 games, which we might presume are set in the future like Black and White were.

Either way I'm excited for the news and the possibility for new Pokemon. Come on, dragon Eeveelution! :)

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    I wonder when/if they plan to add the countdown to the announcement page? The countdown seems to have already been created there from the first time the page went up judging by the page's CSS, it just hasn't been activated.
    Given that the various official sites for other languages have a countdown up already, I'm beginning to wonder if that countdown code is for the announcement on the 8th at all. Maybe it's supposed to start after the 8th's announcement- a countdown to the next announcement, perhaps, or until whatever they're announcing here is released.
    No its definitely on the 8th, at least for the US site. Their twitter specified the 8th, so it shall be.

The appeal in that would probably be the complete retro feel of those games & nostalgia. I'm willing to bet a good bit of people wouldn't mind playing the old school versions of Red/Green/Blue/Yellow & G/S/C regardless of the Pokemon not being transferable.

The GBA versions could be released alongside them, though I dunno if people here would like the same game with updated graphics being on the VC console. (Unless there is already a few like that I don't know about) The Hoenn games definitely could, and that would rule out R/S/E remakes almost completely as the need would be gone. If they ever revisited Hoenn, it would have to at least be completely different from remakes.

Overall, I don't mind the approach one bit as it gets rid of the need for remakes and allows the older games to once again become accessible.
    GBA first of all isn't on the 3DS VC, and the way Nintendo's handling it makes me think it isn't gonna be there for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    I just hope we get games with a story just as good or better than BW/B2W2
    Anything can be better then B2W2, no offense but after BW slipping into old habits was pretty jarring, but to be better then BW is definitely a feat story wise. Region wise I would like them to follow B2W2, cause that's when Unova really got to shine.

For one thing, we don't know how many Pokemon Gen 6 is going to add. It could be a "modest" amount like Johto and Sinnoh. For another thing, this year will mark 3 years since Gen 5 was begun, it is most definitely not too early.

Lastly, what else exactly can they do with Gen 5? Unova has been expanded on and fleshed out, and RSE remakes have absolutely nothing at all to do with Unova's Pokemon.

So enlighten me, what else is there? A console game for the Wii U might as well be for Gen 6 rather than Gen 5, as the Wii U will be running alongside the 3DS. Everything points to a new Gen, people need to let the Nintendo DS die peacefully and learn to deal with it.
    Screw modest amounts, 120 is the perfect number. Introducing 100 is only gonna hurt them, cause lets face it, legendaries are gonna have a high number, add in all the evo's and there's not a lot to work with.

Hoenn on the 3DS is the main reason why I want Gen 6 to come out first. As you said, the region in a proper 3D enviroment is gonna be mad baller, and perhaps Mt. Chimney would look like a real volcano.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Oh seriously, we don't even know what this announcement will be and there's already over 55 pages of discussion.

If it is a game...I'd like to see a generation 6, with new Pokémon and all, but taking place to Hoenn.
    I however have a feeling that this gonna be something unexpected.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

With the current situation for handhelds, the chances of remakes being announced tomorrow are slowly deteriorating, if they choose to remake Ruby & Sapphire then I can only assume that they would make it for the DS since it's under the same Generation as BW & B2W2. Why would they stay on an older console when they have had the opportunity to create, develop and release a new set of games for the 3DS which has been out for two years for the majority of us, they're not going to stick around on the Nintendo DS for long.. like they said, they're evolving in 2013 and some of that probably means onto the 3DS. If anything the most likely scenario is that we will get the first Generation VI games and then a couple of years later (2014/2015) we will start to hear about the remakes which will undoubtedly be on the 3DS. Then again, although unlikely it could be something else non-game related, we just don't know.

The only reason why I'm not getting my hopes up for an RS Remake is because, as much as I'd love them I don't want to get let down by them revealing something different since it's happened several times before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    No its definitely on the 8th, at least for the US site. Their twitter specified the 8th, so it shall be.
    YamiiDenryuu said that the countdown could be for yet another announcement that might follow the one on the 8th. Indeed, CoroCoro might reveal new information a week later, so that could justify yet another countdown. But I think it's more likely that the page will be updated with a countdown tomorrow when the announcement is 24 hours away. It is also possible that they just scrapped the idea.

Screw modest amounts, 120 is the perfect number. Introducing 100 is only gonna hurt them, cause lets face it, legendaries are gonna have a high number, add in all the evo's and there's not a lot to work with.
    It is never too late for Game Freak to realize that the depth and concepts of the legendaries are far more important than their quantity is. But I do support adding many evolutions as there are many Pokémon that need that treatment. Even so, I'd rather that the new evolutions not be introduced all at once; DLC should make it possible to introduce some of them at a later point instead of creating legendary Formes. We don't need to have 120 new Pokémon from the get-go.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

If it's the 8th for US, UK, Japan etc then the announcement will probably occur in the morning for the US, Afternoon for UK and at Night for Japan going by the time differences. Otherwise any earlier in Japan then that would leave atleast somewhere on the 7th.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Japan could very well have the news in 30+ hours, but that would mean those of us who check Serebii, Pokebeach or Bulbagarden would too.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

I don't see them making the Japanese kids wait until bedtime to get the news, so the announcement should happen by 7PM JST. Granted, that may not be fair to some parts of the world, but Japan did get the promise of an announcement first.

Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM
  9. 25th December 2012, 01:41 PM
  10. 25th December 2012, 09:44 AM