(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 54

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Blog Entries

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

I think that Quattro ~ Bajeena was making a joke about Masuda praising the Vita, which he did do.
    Joshawott likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

I'm ok Game Freak releasing fewer new Pokemon than they did with B/W, but I hope it'll be more than 100. Maybe around the same number as D/P?

They need to release a Poison type legendary as well!!!

Registered User GatesToInfinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I think that Quattro ~ Bajeena was making a joke about Masuda praising the Vita, which he did do.
    Wow, he praised the competition? When did that happen?

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    For one thing, we don't know how many Pokemon Gen 6 is going to add. It could be a "modest" amount like Johto and Sinnoh. For another thing, this year will mark 3 years since Gen 5 was begun, it is most definitely not too early.

Lastly, what else exactly can they do with Gen 5? Unova has been expanded on and fleshed out, and RSE remakes have absolutely nothing at all to do with Unova's Pokemon.

So enlighten me, what else is there? A console game for the Wii U might as well be for Gen 6 rather than Gen 5, as the Wii U will be running alongside the 3DS. Everything points to a new Gen, people need to let the Nintendo DS die peacefully and learn to deal with it.
    A) There's still 8 months before the three year mark comes by.
    B) I never said anything about it being on the DS. Don't know why you had to bring that up.

You're exaggerating. Should they introduce 100 Pokémon, then the National Pokédex will have only been expanded by 52% in seven years. You should look at the count since Diamond and Pearl's release, rather than just before Black and White's.

If Game Freak so wished, they could introduce around 80 Pokémon in the beginning of the generation, and wait a few more years to add 25-40 more of them via new versions. Compatibility would be retained thanks to DLC, but you wouldn't have to pay for downloading the data (you'd just have to buy the new versions to unlock the added Pokémon). This would allow them not to go overboard with new evolutions at first, only to add more of them later. Remember that the original Sinnoh Pokédex only contained 81 Generation IV Pokémon, leaving 26 Pokémon (17 evolutions, Rotom, Phione and seven legendaries) out of Diamond and Pearl's main story. This was rectified in Platinum.
    I forgot to say nearly. But I think I did exaggerate a bit by only including right up to September 18. Don't know why I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    I'm ok Game Freak releasing fewer new Pokemon than they did with B/W, but I hope it'll be more than 100. Maybe around the same number as D/P?

They need to release a Poison type legendary as well!!!
    YOu don't want 100, but add 7 more and you'd be fine with it?

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Blog Entries

The added seven Pokémon in Generation IV were legendaries. I could easily do with fewer of those.

Quote Originally Posted by GatesToInfinity View Post
    When he wrote about E3 2011 in his blog, he made the following remark: "Yes, here it is! PS Vita! I want to develop fun game…"

I doubt that he was serious, but it is certainly possible that he wishes he could develop a Vita game. Remember that Game Freak is only affiliated with Nintendo rather than being owned by it.

Registered User GatesToInfinity's Avatar

The added seven Pokémon in Generation IV were legendaries. I could easily do with fewer of those.

Quote Originally Posted by GatesToInfinity View Post
    When he wrote about E3 2011 in his blog, he made the following remark: "Yes, here it is! PS Vita! I want to develop fun game…"

I doubt that he was serious, but it is certainly possible that he wishes he could develop a Vita game. Remember that Game Freak is only affiliated with Nintendo rather than being owned by it.
    Yeah but at the same time, Nintendo also owns Pokémon properties, so if he was to make a game with Vita, it would have to be a totally new franchise.

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    What?! Gen 6?! Already? Come on, no!! It's too soon! Gen 5 has like, what, three years out? Wait two more years, guys. Come on.

I'd like that the big announcement they promised for this Monday is something huge like Pokémon Stadium 3 for the Wii U...

But it'll probably be something stupid and irrelevant like another Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. That's what they like to call a big announcement.
    Gen 2 --> gen 3 was only 3 years. Once we hit September 2013 it will have been 3 years since Gen 5 came out. So no it's not too soon.
    Maybe for some is not, but if you think about it, it does (kinda); Generation III began in 2002, and it finished until 2006 when D/P came in Japan. And Gen. IV began on that year, and it lasted another four years. We have another two years that could be exploited. It is possible to have current-gen. games on the 3DS. If the problem is trading, it can be done through the Global Link.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    B) I never said anything about it being on the DS. Don't know why you had to bring that up.
    Many are expecting a September release, so it would be 3 years should it be released around that time. At the earliest, I don't think a new game would be released earlier than July, and thats a mere two month difference.

Because some people think that a Nintendo DS game is going to be revealed. Since they won't start out remakes on the 3DS, the DS is pretty dated, and a console Wii U game won't likely be launched till Gen 6, I don't see what else it could possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by szmty View Post
    We have another two years that could be exploited.
    With what?

Another thing, what could the anime possibly focus on for 2 more years? The faster pacing of the anime was also a hint to a quicker Gen. This Gen was short because it was on the DS with Gen 4, and I would think Game Freak wants to avoid the same problem with the 3DS.
    Last edited by El_; 6th January 2013 at 02:11 AM.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Many are expecting a September release, so it would be 3 years should it be released around that time. At the earliest, I don't think a new game would be released earlier than July, and thats a mere two month difference.

Because some people think that a Nintendo DS game is going to be revealed. Since they won't start out remakes on the 3DS, the DS is pretty dated, and a console Wii U game won't likely be launched till Gen 6, I don't see what else it could possibly be.
    Ok, I see where this is going. People are rejecting the idea of remakes because TPCi once said that they wern't doing remakes for the 3DS at first. However, many people feel like it would be too early for a next-gen game... and some think otherwise.
    Most have different opinions regarding this topic...
    My opinion at this point is that decisions can change at anytime, and that the TPCi and Masuda's tweet doesn't really matter so much. I'm trying to trust Masuda's voice. It wouldn't be very good to hype people about a possible remake, and then telling you that they'll skip it out for another 2 or 3 years.

With what?

Another thing, what could the anime possibly focus on for 2 more years? The faster pacing of the anime was also a hint to a quicker Gen. This Gen was short because it was on the DS with Gen 4, and I would think Game Freak wants to avoid the same problem with the 3DS.
    Remakes here would be the solution. Let Ash go to Hoenn again, just as he went back to Kanto.
    I still say and I will keep saying that this generation should have been on the 3DS. They did a pretty big error there.

EDIT: It could be just the remakes and is over. Just one extra year, not the two, so everything ends ok... I'm starting to see the problem with the anime. Is just that I stopped to watch the anime because I didn't liked the new voices in my country, and I kinda dislike that Ash looks more like a child than he did in Kanto X(
    Last edited by szmty; 6th January 2013 at 02:21 AM.

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

With what?

BW2 were announced February which is next month. It only took 4 months to release it. BW was announced in April but took 5 months to be released. Why would they all of a sudden need eight months between the announcement and the game release?

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Blog Entries

BW2 were announced February which is next month. It only took 4 months to release it. BW was announced in April but took 5 months to be released. Why would they all of a sudden need eight months between the announcement and the game release?
    Black and White were essentially announced in late January, but with few known details. We don't know how much information will be revealed this time, but it doesn't have to be a repeat of the last time.

El_
    Blog Entries

Ok, I see where this is going. People are rejecting the idea of remakes because TPCi once said that they wern't doing remakes for the 3DS at first. However, many people feel like it would be too early for a next-gen game... and some think otherwise.
    Most have different opinions regarding this topic...
    My opinion at this point is that decisions can change at anytime, and that the TPCi and Masuda's tweet doesn't really matter so much. I'm trying to trust Masuda's voice. It wouldn't be very good to hype people about a possible remake, and then telling you that they'll skip it out for another 2 or 3 years.
    Its not just that. Starting out with remakes on a new console is not a good move. People buy new handhelds more readily in conjunction with new Gens, regions, Pokemon, etc. It gives a much better incentive to go out and buy the console rather than buy it for remaking something we've had before.

Remakes here would be the solution. Let Ash go to Hoenn again, just as he went back to Kanto.
    I still say and I will keep saying that this generation should have been on the 3DS. They did a pretty big error there.
    There is nothing left for Ash to do in Hoenn considering he already won the Battle Frontier. Even if they did do remakes, as we saw with HG/SS there is no certainty they would do anything in the anime pertaining to it. (At least not anything substantial)

I don't see it as an error. I personally would rather have games that made full use of the Nintendo DS's potential than games that made little use of the 3DS's potential, which is what would have happened had B/W been "ported" to the 3DS with a few extra features.

@Apex

I say that because the anime usually follows the games for advertising them. The latest arc could be done around that time. Another thing you are forgetting is that BW2 were DS games. While I'm not certain for sure, they should be released quicker anyways considering the familiarity of the DS by that point, and the need to finish this Gen.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

YOu don't want 100, but add 7 more and you'd be fine with it?
    D'oh! I meant Ru/Sa's number! 130ish would be ok. Of course, the more the merrier!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    Of course, the more the merrier!
    Quality is more important than quantity is. The two aren't mutually exclusive, but I don't think that quantity should be considered a priority (certainly not in every generation).

Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM
  9. 25th December 2012, 01:41 PM
  10. 25th December 2012, 09:44 AM