(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 53

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

The Science Overlord carboncopy's Avatar

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

I think it might be gen 6 with a hoenn region in it post league like gsc had kanto.

KYOGRE ! THE GOD OF THE SEA ! THE SLUMBERING GIANT !
    Did you Know that there is a Protein Called Pikachurin, As this Protien is Supposed to Be As Fast And Nimble As Pikachu ?
    For More Cool Science Facts Click Here.

Blog Entries

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

I'd actually like to see a new region without new Pokémon...

But I'd like remakes or Gen VI, whichever they announce.
    BlackGroudon likes this.

What?! Gen 6?! Already? Come on, no!! It's too soon! Gen 5 has like, what, three years out? Wait two more years, guys. Come on.

I'd like that the big announcement they promised for this Monday is something huge like Pokémon Stadium 3 for the Wii U...

But it'll probably be something stupid and irrelevant like another Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. That's what they like to call a big announcement.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just hope that Generation 6 introduces atleast 4-5 New Eeeveelutions(Dragon,Ghost,Poison,Steel,Flying). Also I have been thinking on what some people have been saying that Virgil's Eevee might evolve into a New Eeveelution and I thought what might trigger it to evolve. His Eevee tends to use Dig quite often prehaps Eevee comes into contact with a new evolutionary item while digging and evolves, it does seem quite silly but it's the only thing I could come up with as of now. What do you guys think?

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    What?! Gen 6?! Already? Come on, no!! It's too soon! Gen 5 has like, what, three years out? Wait two more years, guys. Come on.

I'd like that the big announcement they promised for this Monday is something huge like Pokémon Stadium 3 for the Wii U...

But it'll probably be something stupid and irrelevant like another Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. That's what they like to call a big announcement.
    Gen 2 --> gen 3 was only 3 years. Once we hit September 2013 it will have been 3 years since Gen 5 came out. So no it's not too soon.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    I'd actually like to see a new region without new Pokémon...
    This is the worst idea. Like ever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post

Except Masuda has tweeted about it being a big announcement.

Plus there is already a new Mystery Dungeon out in Japan and coming in March for everyone else.

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Ok, one thing that I thought recently was regarding that it's too soon.

They released Gen V with 156 new pokemon, which is the most pokemon added in a generation, which brought the total to 649. If it truly is Gen VI, I feel like they just added a ton of pokemon, but then they go add a lot more bringing the total to 750-800. I mean, hell, before September 18, 2010 it was at 493. I can see how people want this to be Generation Six but if it is the national dex will double in less than three years which seems WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too fast.

EDIT: I'm all in for a discussion about this, but there's no need to attack me with brash statements telling me that "I'm wrong and should stop being stupid about it not being Generation VI" and so on. Just thought I'd mention this before anyone replies.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

El_
    Blog Entries

For one thing, we don't know how many Pokemon Gen 6 is going to add. It could be a "modest" amount like Johto and Sinnoh. For another thing, this year will mark 3 years since Gen 5 was begun, it is most definitely not too early.

Lastly, what else exactly can they do with Gen 5? Unova has been expanded on and fleshed out, and RSE remakes have absolutely nothing at all to do with Unova's Pokemon.

So enlighten me, what else is there? A console game for the Wii U might as well be for Gen 6 rather than Gen 5, as the Wii U will be running alongside the 3DS. Everything points to a new Gen, people need to let the Nintendo DS die peacefully and learn to deal with it.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Ok, one thing that I thought recently was regarding that it's too soon.

They released Gen V with 156 new pokemon, which is the most pokemon added in a generation, which brought the total to 649. If it truly is Gen VI, I feel like they just added a ton of pokemon, but then they go add a lot more bringing the total to 750-800. I mean, hell, before September 18, 2010 it was at 493. I can see how people want this to be Generation Six but if it is the national dex will double in less than three years which seems WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too fast.

EDIT: I'm all in for a discussion about this, but there's no need to attack me with brash statements telling me that "I'm wrong and should stop being stupid about it not being Generation VI" and so on. Just thought I'd mention this before anyone replies.
    The idea of a company moving its product "too fast" is cute, but in reality GameFreak and Nintendo will make any pushes necessary in forwarding the Pokemon franchise, especially onto a new platform eagerly awaiting a main series Pokemon game. I'm not saying that the announcement will without a doubt be the newest generation, but to assume that it won't be because this generation was "too short" for your liking, or because its length doesn't compare to past generations, isn't fair either. Not to mention that there is nothing on the table remaining to be revealed to the fan base.

There are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many notions pointing towards a new generation that it's foolish to pretend something new isn't at our doorsteps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    You're exaggerating. Should they introduce 100 Pokémon, then the National Pokédex will have only been expanded by 52% in seven years. You should look at the count since Diamond and Pearl's release, rather than just before Black and White's.

If Game Freak so wished, they could introduce around 80 Pokémon in the beginning of the generation, and wait a few more years to add 25-40 more of them via new versions. Compatibility would be retained thanks to DLC, but you wouldn't have to pay for downloading the data (you'd just have to buy the new versions to unlock the added Pokémon). This would allow them not to go overboard with new evolutions at first, only to add more of them later. Remember that the original Sinnoh Pokédex only contained 81 Generation IV Pokémon, leaving 26 Pokémon (17 evolutions, Rotom, Phione and seven legendaries) out of Diamond and Pearl's main story. This was rectified in Platinum.
    Last edited by Silktree; 6th January 2013 at 12:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    So enlighten me, what else is there? A console game for the Wii U might as well be for Gen 6 rather than Gen 5, as the Wii U will be running alongside the 3DS. Everything points to a new Gen, people need to let the Nintendo DS die peacefully and learn to deal with it.
    Someone needs to tattoo that on my forehead, please.

Generation VI is coming whether you like it or not. Yes this can be a short generation, there is nothing wrong with that. GF said that Pokemon was going to "expand" this year and releasing Gen VI is going to do just that.
    Joshawott likes this.

Registered User GatesToInfinity's Avatar

Yeah, with all the curve balls Game Freak has thrown at us before, I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement is something we would never of guessed.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe they're releasing Gen VI on the Vita?

It's a great hand-held system.

Registered User GatesToInfinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Maybe they're releasing Gen VI on the Vita?

It's a great hand-held system.
    Yeah, but not something made by Nintendo. xD

Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM