(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 52

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

    61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

    16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

    35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

    3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

    8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

    1 0.81%
Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 1376
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

  1. #766
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't VC versions of Red and Blue kinda pointless when they can just re-release FireRed and LeafGreen instead, which don't have those compatibility issues?
    True.

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyozoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyozoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    Has anyone thought of the idea that this could be an announcement of the Game Boy/GBA games being put onto the 3DS virtual console? I still think its likely a main 3DS game, but there is the slight possibility that they may be hyping something else up like the virtual console.
    I doubt something like that would be deserving of all the hype..
    Actually I'd laugh if this announcement was actually something as small as that.

    But I can totally back it if is that, especially if them implement something like Pokemon Dream Radar where you can transfer the Pokemon you catch in the Virtual Console games to B2W2.
    I'm not sure how that would work with Gens I and II, considering the massive overhaul that occurred with Generation III, such as the IV cap being increased from 15 to 31, natures being introduced and things like gender and shininess no longer being tied to IVs.
    Well would it really be that hard to change those things for Virtual Console? I mean, if you're going to port it why not give us some perks with it?

    But of course this is Game Freak and Nintendo, they're lazy enough just to put it up on virtual console with no changes what so ever.
    The amount of reprogramming that would have to be done wouldn't make it viable, I would imagine.

  2. #767
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,000
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Id honestly rather have Ruby and Sapphire remakes than have Ruby and Sapphire be on the Virtual Console, and I am interested in seeing a remake happen, though I still think this will be Gen 6 or maybe even something completely different that we havent seen.

  3. #768
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hull, UK
    Posts
    137

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    On a side note, I'm hoping a 3ds game announcement will come with a Pokemon 3ds. I'm pretty bummed the us didn't get the pikachu 3dsxl and there's no way we'll see the charizard one
    You didn't? That's odd, because the UK did. Then again, you didn't get Typing Adventure either.

  4. #769
    ya did clean yoyozoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    142
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't VC versions of Red and Blue kinda pointless when they can just re-release FireRed and LeafGreen instead, which don't have those compatibility issues?
    Well actually in my original post I was talking more about the GBA games rather than the GB games but I kinda forgot to say that, whoops.

    I wouldn't mind seeing the originals though, VC is all about nostalgia anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by yoyozoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyozoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    Has anyone thought of the idea that this could be an announcement of the Game Boy/GBA games being put onto the 3DS virtual console? I still think its likely a main 3DS game, but there is the slight possibility that they may be hyping something else up like the virtual console.
    I doubt something like that would be deserving of all the hype..
    Actually I'd laugh if this announcement was actually something as small as that.

    But I can totally back it if is that, especially if them implement something like Pokemon Dream Radar where you can transfer the Pokemon you catch in the Virtual Console games to B2W2.
    I'm not sure how that would work with Gens I and II, considering the massive overhaul that occurred with Generation III, such as the IV cap being increased from 15 to 31, natures being introduced and things like gender and shininess no longer being tied to IVs.
    Well would it really be that hard to change those things for Virtual Console? I mean, if you're going to port it why not give us some perks with it?

    But of course this is Game Freak and Nintendo, they're lazy enough just to put it up on virtual console with no changes what so ever.
    The amount of reprogramming that would have to be done wouldn't make it viable, I would imagine.[/QUOTE]

    Fair point.

  5. #770
    El_
    El_ is offline
    Registered User El_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N's Puzzle Cube
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    The appeal in that would probably be the complete retro feel of those games & nostalgia. I'm willing to bet a good bit of people wouldn't mind playing the old school versions of Red/Green/Blue/Yellow & G/S/C regardless of the Pokemon not being transferable.

    The GBA versions could be released alongside them, though I dunno if people here would like the same game with updated graphics being on the VC console. (Unless there is already a few like that I don't know about) The Hoenn games definitely could, and that would rule out R/S/E remakes almost completely as the need would be gone. If they ever revisited Hoenn, it would have to at least be completely different from remakes.

    Overall, I don't mind the approach one bit as it gets rid of the need for remakes and allows the older games to once again become accessible.

    N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

  6. #771
    bamf master shake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    805

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    On a side note, I'm hoping a 3ds game announcement will come with a Pokemon 3ds. I'm pretty bummed the us didn't get the pikachu 3dsxl and there's no way we'll see the charizard one
    You didn't? That's odd, because the UK did. Then again, you didn't get Typing Adventure either.
    Thanks for rubbing it in. JK, but really it didn't make it to the US
    Been gone for a long while. I might be back....
    Blops2, lot's and lot's of Blops2

    Finally got my shiny Axew

  7. #772
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,178

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Got a weirdo feeling about this.
    He Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by Panthe☈a View Post
    Even if this is a R/S remake, (which I heavily doubt), the Anime will still follow it like they did with Battle Frontier. Though with 2 filler arcs in a row, they'll be skating on thin ice.
    Not necessarily. Other than a few Gen II pokemon showing up, the anime hardly did anything with HGSS. They could easily just stay in Unova with the N stuff and not hint at the remakes. They're great at showing as little continuity as possible. And it's the pokemon anime. It's not following any real canon, so it's not like filler arcs make a difference. Nobody really cares as long as some sort of character development is happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by szmty View Post
    In YouTube...
    Your first mistake. Youtube's a cesspool of people thinking they know anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Facebook View Post
    Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire/Pokemon Grey was pretty much guaranteed last year but they gave us B2W2, they have a reputation to surprise us.
    RS remakes were far far less certain than GS remakes, what with connectivity not being an issue Gen III onwards. And with the highly focused story of BW, there were people who actually expected sequels and not a single third version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I'll admit that I'm a bit concerned about the transition to the 3DS. There is no doubt in my mind that its capabilities exceed those of the DS, but that's what has got me worried. The simplicity of the Pokemon franchise is what makes it so different from other RPGs on the market. I want something in the middle ground, with 3D effects but I would appreciate it if the sprites remained. If they stepped up Black & White's graphics to a minimal, without going overboard, then I'll be satisfied. I think that's what will make or break these games; the aesthetic stance they take. Change it too much and you lose consumers, but not enough change would yeild the same result. However, I trust GameFreak with the transition. They haven't failed me yet.
    I agree with this completely. Even transitioning to a sprite based style with more mobility such as in Ranger would be a total step in the wrong direction in my book. The circle pad has me super worried they'll abandon the grid, which is very much pokemon to me. I love the sprites and think polygon figures really don't suit pokemon. Changing too much could definitely alienate a number of older fans, not that it's them they're catering to.

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyozoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyozoo View Post
    Actually I'd laugh if this announcement was actually something as small as that.

    But I can totally back it if is that, especially if them implement something like Pokemon Dream Radar where you can transfer the Pokemon you catch in the Virtual Console games to B2W2.
    I'm not sure how that would work with Gens I and II, considering the massive overhaul that occurred with Generation III, such as the IV cap being increased from 15 to 31, natures being introduced and things like gender and shininess no longer being tied to IVs.
    Well would it really be that hard to change those things for Virtual Console? I mean, if you're going to port it why not give us some perks with it?

    But of course this is Game Freak and Nintendo, they're lazy enough just to put it up on virtual console with no changes what so ever.
    I could only see them implementing something like that on RS, and not putting in any of the work to make it work on the first two gen games. And then, even if there's a slight chance of Gen III remakes being made, I could see them holding off on throwing those games on there just because it could possibly take away from remake sales.

    I honestly hope the news is as trivial as possible. I would just love that.

    But really, I could also see it finally being Gray. The only two times we've had international announcements have been related to the BW saga games. And along with the OD I could see them giving up ancient Genesect which would fit in with the movie. Though I really couldn't see the anime staying in Unova or not doing some sort of badge/symbol quest past next fall.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 6th January 2013 at 02:16 PM.

  8. #773
    Soul Suckin' Jerk Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where It's At!
    Posts
    1,230
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    But really, I could also see it finally being Gray. The only two times we've had international announcements have been related to the BW saga games. And along with the OD I could see them giving up ancient Genesect which would fit in with the movie. Though I really couldn't see the anime staying in Unova or not doing some sort of badge/symbol quest past next fall.
    I can't. Grey sounds like another addition to Black & White and Black 2 & White 2, meaning it's a continuation of the 5th Generation games. The only reason Black 2 & White 2 appeared on the Nintendo DS and not the 3DS was so that fans who played the former could play the latter, without having to purchase a new system. They wouldn't abandon that sound logic with yet another addition. Mind that, GameFreak has stated that they're satisfied with the way Black 2 & White 2 wrapped up Unova's story. If this announcement involves a new main series game, then this new game will be on the 3DS.

  9. #774
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,000
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    I dont think a "Gray" is happening. Black 2/White 2 were the alternative to a third game, they were supposed to be third games before they got changed into sequels. I dont really see them releasing anothe Unova game.

  10. #775
    ya did clean yoyozoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    142
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Another game set in Unova would be a marketing nightmare for GF and Nintendo.

    It's time to move on man.

  11. #776
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    I'm almost certain it will be a Ruby/Sapphire remake. There have been countless hints to this. I do not believe they would just give up. The Dive Ball made an appearance in Generation V where it had the capability to catch Pokemon underwater. There are no Pokemon to be obtained underwater in B/W/B2/W2. So why would they take the extra measure and mention it? Just my opinion, though.

  12. #777
    ya did clean yoyozoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    142
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Quote Originally Posted by PikachuTheAmazing View Post
    I'm almost certain it will be a Ruby/Sapphire remake. There have been countless hints to this. I do not believe they would just give up. The Dive Ball made an appearance in Generation V where it had the capability to catch Pokemon underwater. There are no Pokemon to be obtained underwater in B/W/B2/W2. So why would they take the extra measure and mention it? Just my opinion, though.

    While I would love an R/S/E remake, It's probably not going to happen, not now at least.

    Sorry!

  13. #778
    Kung Fu Pancham! Rocky505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your mom's room
    Posts
    1,232

    Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    I just hope we get games with a story just as good or better than BW/B2W2
    Scarftail likes this.

    "I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

  14. #779
    Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Soaring through the skies.
    Posts
    947
    Blog Entries
    41

    Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    I agree with the comments above, another game in Unova would be redundant, given that the developers have said that they were happy with how B2W2 wrapped things.

    Now, the only things that could be is gen VI, remakes or ports. The hype is too big for something like side games.

    Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack


  15. #780
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyozoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PikachuTheAmazing View Post
    I'm almost certain it will be a Ruby/Sapphire remake. There have been countless hints to this. I do not believe they would just give up. The Dive Ball made an appearance in Generation V where it had the capability to catch Pokemon underwater. There are no Pokemon to be obtained underwater in B/W/B2/W2. So why would they take the extra measure and mention it? Just my opinion, though.

    While I would love an R/S/E remake, It's probably not going to happen, not now at least.

    Sorry!
    I don't know.. It just seems odd considering the way a generation of Pokemon goes. Though, well, this generation has been quite insane, I don't believe the generation is yet over. What about those event Groudon and Kyogres'? Kinda weird considering how you can get a Groudon or Kyogre from HGSS..
    Though I can agree with your point, I am keeping my hopes held high for RSEMakes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Generation VI.
    Apex and szmty like this.

Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM
  9. 25th December 2012, 01:41 PM
  10. 25th December 2012, 09:44 AM
  11. 25th December 2012, 04:02 AM
  12. 25th December 2012, 03:54 AM
  13. 25th December 2012, 03:51 AM
  14. 24th December 2012, 02:18 PM
  15. 24th December 2012, 01:48 PM
  16. 23rd December 2012, 03:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •