(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 5

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

I'm just gonna say that I hope this is either the gen 6 announcement or a RSE remake. But whatever the evolution it is, I'd gladly accept it. Gen V has been full of surprises so who knows. This just gives me a bigger excuse to get a 3Ds as early as possible so I can be ready for any release GameFreak may make.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Huh reading that 2010 comment from TPCi about the whole "inventive rebirth of the series" is giving me the same jive we're getting here, if not a logical continuation of what gen 5 gave us. We started over from scratch this time, but now we're gonna build upon it on 3DS is basically it. And hell if its true that this is gen 6, why the hell is everyone dodging it, in the end it means in 2 months max we'll have a new Pokemon on our hands.
    UnovaCastaway and Scarftail like this.

Nyx

I'm glad Gen. VI is coming soon cause now I'll have a reason to buy a 3DS. ^_^

Double Trouble. Shayminlover123's Avatar

I can't wait! Ive been wating for this for a really long time!

Blog Entries

This message has two meanings:
    -One is that GameFreak wishes a good New Year to all of the pokemon fans. I see New Year and not Christmas because Japan doesn't really celebrate Christmas too much.
    -The other is that Gamefreak implies that we will see a new game next year. The mention of expand the pokemon world next years mentions new pokemon and a new region.

My answer? Gen VI is coming in the next Fall. First, we need a 3DS Pokemon game as soon as possible. Second, the main canon that could give us hint of when a new gens happens (to be exact: the anime) is starting the Episode N arc, arc that doesn't take more than 25 episodes.

I think that a new generation will start around Nov. 2013. But I'm alomst sure that Gamefreak planned that the new generation will start in 2013. If new games doesn't get released next year would be for game delays or other extern circunstances mainly economic ones.

Two things that I think that need a explanation.
    Although we know that GameFreak got the 3DS kit in early 2010, I don't think that GameFreak was already working in a new gen until mid-2011.
    Second, I think that the game will be more around Nov than Sept because I don't think that we have to wait 6 month between JP and International releases. And a 4 month wait means that Gen VI would start in Jan 2014, and this is a no, no.
    My prediction (personal): Japanese release: 3th Saturday or November; American release: 2nd Sunday of March; European: The next Friday after the American release; Oceania: The next Thursday after American release.
    Jolty94 likes this.

I'd be surprised if it's Gen VI, since I've been, personally, quite slow in getting on the Gen V train. For the past two generations, I've at first disliked the new Pokémon so much that I haven't been inclined to rush into a store and buy the new game at the full price. However, I always end up liking the new Pokémon in the end (and I seriously think Gen V is a bit genius in its way to expand upon Gen I, even though I don't like many of the Pokémon aesthetically.)

If it is Gen VI, I'm trying to be a bit grown-up about it and not "HATE HATE DISGUSTING DESIGN I HATE IT" everything at the first sight. : P

I kind of hope it would be a bit of an add-on generation in the same way Generations II and IV were. They featured less new Pokémon, and 'old' Pokémon were readily available. Now that there's such an insane amount of Pokémon, and the new Gen is going to push the number even higher, I hope they try to recoup them the same way Gen IV tried to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    This message has two meanings:
    -One is that GameFreak wishes a good New Year to all of the pokemon fans. I see New Year and not Christmas because Japan doesn't really celebrate Christmas too much.
    -The other is that Gamefreak implies that we will see a new game next year. The mention of expand the pokemon world next years mentions new pokemon and a new region.

My answer? Gen VI is coming in the next Fall. First, we need a 3DS Pokemon game as soon as possible. Second, the main canon that could give us hint of when a new gens happens (to be exact: the anime) is starting the Episode N arc, arc that doesn't take more than 25 episodes.

I think that a new generation will start around Nov. 2013. But I'm alomst sure that Gamefreak planned that the new generation will start in 2013. If new games doesn't get released next year would be for game delays or other extern circunstances mainly economic ones.

Two things that I think that need a explanation.
    Although we know that GameFreak got the 3DS kit in early 2010, I don't think that GameFreak was already working in a new gen until mid-2011.
    Second, I think that the game will be more around Nov than Sept because I don't think that we have to wait 6 month between JP and International releases. And a 4 month wait means that Gen VI would start in Jan 2014, and this is a no, no.
    My prediction (personal): Japanese release: 3th Saturday or November; American release: 2nd Sunday of March; European: The next Friday after the American release; Oceania: The next Thursday after American release.
    I think Japan does celeibrate Christmas actually... though I think it's more of a commercial holiday than anything...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I now own a 3DS - so GenVI can come as soon as possible ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sequined Sirenia View Post
    I'd be surprised if it's Gen VI, since I've been, personally, quite slow in getting on the Gen V train. For the past two generations, I've at first disliked the new Pokémon so much that I haven't been inclined to rush into a store and buy the new game at the full price. However, I always end up liking the new Pokémon in the end (and I seriously think Gen V is a bit genius in its way to expand upon Gen I, even though I don't like many of the Pokémon aesthetically.)

If it is Gen VI, I'm trying to be a bit grown-up about it and not "HATE HATE DISGUSTING DESIGN I HATE IT" everything at the first sight. : P

I kind of hope it would be a bit of an add-on generation in the same way Generations II and IV were. They featured less new Pokémon, and 'old' Pokémon were readily available. Now that there's such an insane amount of Pokémon, and the new Gen is going to push the number even higher, I hope they try to recoup them the same way Gen IV tried to.
    If we go by tradition then Gen 6 will have tons of evolutions/prevolutions just like Gen 2 and Gen 4. I hope this is not the case. While Pokemon Platinum remains one of my favourite Pokemon games, it had way too many evolutions/prevolutions.

For the next Gen games, I hope there's no more than 10 new Pokemon that are related to the existing Pokemon we have now. And less prevolutions as possible.
    Glaziola likes this.

I'd have to say the same. Why not just, simply, a new game? Why not just a new region, but with the same old Pokemon? Just use the old Pokemon, but add a new region and/or new features and the vast majority of the fandom will likely be content; hell, you don't even need a new region to make most of us happy.

I am hoping this is the Gen III remake we all have been hoping for; however, I highly doubt it. This is likely going to be Gen VI, which I have few qualms with. My only problem, should it be the latter, is that the games are coming out at a much faster rate (B/W and B/W2 coming out within 1.5 years of each other; if I am not mistaken, that is a lot faster than before).

In any event, I am going to say that it is likely a good thing.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 25th December 2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Fixed a double-post and added the original post to the reply.

Blog Entries

Some people may disagree with me, but i believe Pokedex 3D Pro was made for gen 6.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Shadow View Post
    Some people may disagree with me, but i believe Pokedex 3D Pro was made for gen 6.
    Watch, instead of creating a Gen VI expansion for Pokedex 3D Pro, they'll have you buy a new one.

Honestly, I say we actually wait for concrete evidence of this being Gen 6. I really would LOVE a Gen 6 but...

This is my theory:

We've been getting iOS apps for Pokemon lately, we've gotten a Nintendo network for iOS and Android.
    I can see them meaning to "expand" the game to the tablet market because it's become so popular in japan. I think whatever new Pokemon game they'll have, it'll be for the iOS aswell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Shadow View Post
    Watch, instead of creating a Gen VI expansion for Pokedex 3D Pro, they'll have you buy a new one.
    No what i meant was i believe Pokedex pro was really made to have models for all the older pokemon already made for Game Freak to reuse for gen 6 which explains why all the gen I-III pokemon received newer polygon models as opposed to their older blockier ones used in Stadium, Colosseum and XD, even the gen IV pokes now have new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    If we go by tradition then Gen 6 will have tons of evolutions/prevolutions just like Gen 2 and Gen 4. I hope this is not the case. While Pokemon Platinum remains one of my favourite Pokemon games, it had way too many evolutions/prevolutions.

For the next Gen games, I hope there's no more than 10 new Pokemon that are related to the existing Pokemon we have now. And less prevolutions as possible.
    It's the opposite for me.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE crossgenerational evolutions as this seems plausible... with new technologies there are new discoveries. No one in Hoenn knew that Dusclops could evolve further until you traveled to Sinnoh, where it was discovered that some circumstance caused this evolution. I really appreciate this kind of approach every few generations. You're right - pre-volutions are much less needed, only to explain why Snorlax shouldn't hatch from an egg. But still some have their place in the Pokedex.

I really can't wait what they cme up with next, as GenV was genius in my opinion.
    Apex likes this.

Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM
  9. 25th December 2012, 01:41 PM