(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 48

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

Quote Originally Posted by Water-noctowl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Ok how about you sell your 3DS so when a game for it only comes out that you wanted to play but can't then try and not be pissed. Your not considering that not everybody just has money to spend on whatever.
    It's been nearly two years. There is no excuse for not being able to afford one.
    It's called I don't see it as worth buying until the old one becomes obsolete. I am saving money for other things now anyway.
    Aside from playing old games, it's obsolete now. No one is pressuring you to buy a game at launch, but millions of other people have moved on to the Nintendo 3DS and have two years to do so, so GameFreak will move with them.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: (Mod Note: Read First Post!) Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    People can be so selfish. "GF shouldn't release games for the 3DS because I don't have enough money for one!" Oh, please. Since when does GF cater to you? There are plenty of people that do have one, and desire to see a main game on it already. Why should they have to wait until it's convenient enough for you to purchase one? I don't even have a 3DS myself, but I want Gen VI the most out of any other possibilities. It's not just on here. I've seen people use that excuse on a bunch of other sites as well. It can get really annoying to see people say that.
    Ok how about you sell your 3DS so when a game for it only comes out that you wanted to play but can't then try and not be pissed. Your not considering that not everybody just has money to spend on whatever.
    I don't have a 3DS, as I said in my post. I just don't see why people have to whine and think that GF is just going to twiddle their thumbs until you are able to buy one. That's a ridiculous way of thinking. It's understandable if it makes you upset that you can't get the games, but they aren't going to wait around much longer. I sincerely think Gen VI games are coming this year, and it's about time.

Blog Entries
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Did you use this kind of logic when the Gameboy Advanced, Sp, or Nintendo DS were released? Have to move on sometime, Game Freak are most definitely not going to cater to you just because you don't want to.

Its amazing how many people want/expect R/S remakes to be coming next, but I won't say anymore. I don't really think the fandom knows what it wants anymore nor whats best overall.
    So what of we want remakes if you don't want them you only a slight majority if one at all.
    I don't want remakes either. Multiple people in this thread have stated that they want Gen VI over remakes.
    A man with a plan and an aerosol can!

I'm gonna touch... everything.

Oh, I am so gonna be a dick.

Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

It's called I don't see it as worth buying until the old one becomes obsolete. I am saving money for other things now anyway.
    If you choose to be left behind, then don't cry when no one goes back to get you.
    I have the cash it's just I am trying to save money right now I just blew ton on Presents for people.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

Did you use this kind of logic when the Gameboy Advanced, Sp, or Nintendo DS were released? Have to move on sometime, Game Freak are most definitely not going to cater to you just because you don't want to.

Its amazing how many people want/expect R/S remakes to be coming next, but I won't say anymore. I don't really think the fandom knows what it wants anymore nor whats best overall.
    Umm, have you ever played Ruby or Sapphire or Emerald? A lot of people remember those games with nostalgia, just as many remmeber G/S/C and R/G/B/Y.
    I've seen that the majority here wants a new generation, but "overseas", most want remakes.
    Anyway, GAME FREAK can do whatever they want. It's their franchise.

Blog Entries

If you choose to be left behind, then don't cry when no one goes back to get you.
    I have the cash it's just I am trying to save money right now I just blew ton on Presents for people.
    GameFreak won't delay moving to a new console just because one person still hasn't upgraded. The games will probably be released towards the end of the year, so if you want to get the games at launch, you have time to save up for a 3DS and the games. Otherwise, just wait until you have the money?

No point forcing millions of others to wait just because one person can't upgrade. The 3DS is almost 2 years old.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Here's an example of some games on the 3DS:

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (Personally, I think the next Pokémon game will probably look like this):

Dead or Alive Dimensions:

Resident Evil Revelations:

So y'know...the 3DS is vastly superior to the DS in regards to what it can do. The argument of "I don't have a 3DS, so GameFreak can't make one for it!" is a very boring one. Take a look at the weekly sales charts in Japan - the 3DS has been topping it since mid-2011. Of course GameFreak will want a game on a system that sells so much.
    I'll admit that I'm a bit concerned about the transition to the 3DS. There is no doubt in my mind that its capabilities exceed those of the DS, but that's what has got me worried. The simplicity of the Pokemon franchise is what makes it so different from other RPGs on the market. I want something in the middle ground, with 3D effects but I would appreciate it if the sprites remained. If they stepped up Black & White's graphics to a minimal, without going overboard, then I'll be satisfied. I think that's what will make or break these games; the aesthetic stance they take. Change it too much and you lose consumers, but not enough change would yeild the same result. However, I trust GameFreak with the transition. They haven't failed me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (Personally, I think the next Pokémon game will probably look like this):

So y'know...the 3DS is vastly superior to the DS in regards to what it can do. The argument of "I don't have a 3DS, so GameFreak can't make one for it!" is a very boring one. Take a look at the weekly sales charts in Japan - the 3DS has been topping it since mid-2011. Of course GameFreak will want a game on a system that sells so much.
    I'll admit that I'm a bit concerned about the transition to the 3DS. There is no doubt in my mind that its capabilities exceed those of the DS, but that's what has got me worried. The simplicity of the Pokemon franchise is what makes it so different from other RPGs on the market. I want something in the middle ground, with 3D effects but I would appreciate it if the sprites remained. If they stepped up Black & White's graphics to a minimal, without going overboard, then I'll be satisfied. I think that's what will make or break these games; the aesthetic stance they take. Change it too much and you lose consumers, but not enough change would yeild the same result. However, I trust GameFreak with the transition. They haven't failed me yet.
    Well I am pissed about them not keeping Apricorn balls in later games other than SS/HG (played SS not the originals admittedly) still though they had no to get rid of them. Also I don't like how you can't grow berries in game in Gen 5.
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by szmty View Post
    Umm, have you ever played Ruby or Sapphire or Emerald? A lot of people remember those games with nostalgia, just as many remmeber G/S/C and R/G/B/Y.
    I've seen that the majority here wants a new generation, but "overseas", most want remakes.
    Yes I have, like I've stated many times I really loved Hoenn for its environment and theme. However, expecting them to come next is what I have a problem with. We know they are not developing remakes next on the 3DS, which means the remakes would end up on the Nintendo DS.

People really want remakes that badly even if they are released on a now inferior console? Releasing BW2 on the DS was even met with an initial (though not that big) mixed reaction because people are expecting a transition over to the 3DS at this point.

Also, just how exactly is releasing remakes on the Nintendo DS "expanding" on the Pokemon world? If anything its going backwards on that comment.
    Scarftail likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post

Some games still use sprites, such as Project X Zone:

Lets just stop arguing as neither of us are going to convince the other on anything.

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by szmty View Post
    Yes I have, like I've stated many times I really loved Hoenn for its environment and theme. However, expecting them to come next is what I have a problem with. We know they are not developing remakes next on the 3DS, which means the remakes would end up on the Nintendo DS.

People really want remakes that badly even if they are released on a now inferior console? Releasing BW2 on the DS was even met with an initial (though not that big) mixed reaction because people are expecting a transition over to the 3DS at this point.

Also, just how exactly is releasing remakes on the Nintendo DS "expanding" on the Pokemon world? If anything its going backwards on that comment.
    Not exactly. There's a number Pokémon from Hoenn that are practically unobtainable on B/W/B2/W2 if you lack R/S/E, a DS or DSlite AND D/P/Pt/Hg or Ss.
    And the franchise would be bigger; two more games ;D

Blog Entries

Yeah guys...I don't want to have this thread close again. However, it is fact that GameFreak are now working on the 3DS (They've already released Rhythm Hunter HarmoKnight and that Satoru Iwata was not happy that B2W2 were for the DS (he said it was the new innovations GF were bringing to it that was the only reason why he didn't intervene there). So these games will be for the Nintendo 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by skaraflame View Post
    Lets just stop arguing as neither of us are going to convince the other on anything.
    To be fair, it's you that needs convincing.
    You just undermined the whole point of that post.

Blog Entries

@skaraflame; @Water-noctowl; Cool it now. Move on to something else.

EDIT:
    Well I am pissed about them not keeping Apricorn balls in later games other than SS/HG (played SS not the originals admittedly) still though they had no to get rid of them. Also I don't like how you can't grow berries in game in Gen 5.
    I would love to see the Apricorn Pokéballs return. I absolutely loved the Heavy Ball and Love Ball in particular - very useful.

Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM
  9. 25th December 2012, 01:41 PM
  10. 25th December 2012, 09:44 AM