(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 25

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 25 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

Indeed. Chances are, junk like that won't happen until either Coro Coro is released, or junk gets teased at the end of the month or beginning of next month, with the upcoming reveal of Genesect's costar. Actually, thinking about it, not that many silhouettes were associated to the fifth gen development. I still think they will occur, though.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthe☈a View Post
    "Is that an Otter that got raped by a Snowclown?" [/I]
    LOL That has to be one of the funniest things I've seen since being with this fandom. I wasn't around for the pre-Unova hype, so I can only imagine how hectic it was.

I hope that, in the same sense that Gen 5 was like a throwback to Gen 1, or a "spiritual counterpart" Gen 6 ends up being a throwback and spiritual counterpart to Gen 2. That does not mean I want Unova to be a part of it (like Kanto) that was already dealt with in BW2, but just certain themes and likeness that reminds one of the Johto era Pokemon.
    Johto had the worst and least original Pokemon though :/ If anything, I expect this to be another Fresh Start, ala Hoenn and Unova. This is the first 3DS Gen after all and I can see them adding a large amount of Pokemon if they really want it to seem like something new.

Blog Entries

Johto had the worst and least original Pokemon though :/ If anything, I expect this to be another Fresh Start, ala Hoenn and Unova. This is the first 3DS Gen after all and I can see them adding a large amount of Pokemon if they really want it to seem like something new.
    Diamond and Pearl were the first DS entries and yet they "only" introduced 107 Pokémon. If every generation were a fresh start, there would be nothing refreshing about that approach.

El_
    Blog Entries

Thats opinion, but I don't mean copy or anything like that. The Tao trio for example returned to the original Fire/Lightning/Ice that were first introduced by Kanto's bird's, and Genesect's origin story is shades of Mewtwo's. (both game & anime)

Things like that. Also, even numbered Gens tend to add less Pokemon and focus on other things like evolutions. A new Eeveelution is very likely which are also introduced in even numbered gens.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Things like that. Also, even numbered Gens tend to add less Pokemon and focus on other things like evolutions. A new Eeveelution is very likely which are also introduced in even numbered gens.
    Yeah, the odd numbered generations tend to revolutionize the series and change the story and/or formula somehow, whilst the even numbered generations will just take those elements, give them a new lick of paint and improve them subtly, and then enhance it for the next system up. That's why I think the next region will be an asymmetrical region to Unova.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I'm not sure if this generation will be a throwback to Generation II or not as frankly, I think Black 2/White 2 kinda did that.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I'm not sure if this generation will be a throwback to Generation II or not as frankly, I think Black 2/White 2 kinda did that.
    I agree with you on that about B2/W2. I just hope that the Generation 6 Region is its own and doesn't mirror any existing ones.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

I wasn't around for the pre-Unova hype, so I can only imagine how hectic it was.
    Oh man, New York vs Shanghai and the Wottergate incident. It was indeed very hectic.
    Joshawott likes this.

Jun

http://i.imgur.com/5pl2B.png

Fakes are already coming.
    Shiny Celebi and JoeBlastoise like this.
    TwinleafShipper Fan

Blog Entries

While I'm 120% convinced that the announcement will be Generation VI related, it will be interesting to see what this reveal will be. Will it simply be something like "Pokémon [X] Version and Pokémon [Y] Version due out on the Nintendo 3DS in 2013!", a silhouette of a new Pokémon (be it movie 16 related or not) or another Pokémon? Or the full Pokémon?

Either way, I'm excited.
    I agree that this is probably Gen. VI related, most likely, it will only be the title announcement with possible release date and what system they'll be on.

I'm thinking that they might announce the mascots (or the silhouettes of the mascots) during Pokémon Smash (didn't they say someone important was going to be on there soon?).

And yeah, I'm excited too!

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor jokool View Post
    While I'm 120% convinced that the announcement will be Generation VI related, it will be interesting to see what this reveal will be. Will it simply be something like "Pokémon [X] Version and Pokémon [Y] Version due out on the Nintendo 3DS in 2013!", a silhouette of a new Pokémon (be it movie 16 related or not) or another Pokémon? Or the full Pokémon?

Either way, I'm excited.
    I agree that this is probably Gen. VI related, most likely, it will only be the title announcement with possible release date and what system they'll be on.

I'm thinking that they might announce the mascots (or the silhouettes of the mascots) during Pokémon Smash (didn't they say someone important was going to be on there soon?).

And yeah, I'm excited too!
    The appearance of GameFreak on Smash on Sunday is about the annual Smash Host Competition. I doubt we'll see anything from Smash (although possibly a preview of next week's show might give us a clue?).

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/5pl2B.png

Fakes are already coming.
    Haha, that's cute, trying to sell the idea of Kanto remakes. As for Pokemon Smash, something tells me if these game do get announced, then the announcement will have silouettes, followed by the same ones next week on Smash, this week will have nothing, with a reveal in CoroCoro. Not the movie Mon, but the main legendaries as well. Also betting on Copper/Iron versions, with a Zinc/Nickel alternative.

Blog Entries

I think that Pokemon Smash will said the exact date of the announcement. And possibly some hints that could heavily implied new pokemon.

I think that the announcement will be made around 7PM JST because the US site says January 8th, and not January 7th. If Oha Suta airs, the announcement will be in January 7th for the people that live in America.

Started with Bulbasaur

Wink Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

Crimson and Scarlet? (I'm pretty certain they were trademarked). Or Amethyst/Topaz/Jade

This is my third pre-release hype thing- I can remember when Dialga and Palkia were leaked and they could only make out part of the names....

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Expanding the Pokemon universe? This can only mean one thing... I can't believe it... It's finally happening... The long awaited sequel to Pokemon Snap is upon us! We truly live in a golden age!

Page 25 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM
  9. 25th December 2012, 01:41 PM
  10. 25th December 2012, 09:44 AM