(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world" - Page 10

View Poll Results: What do you want and what do you expect?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I expect and want Gen. VI

61 49.19%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

16 12.90%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

35 28.23%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

3 2.42%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

8 6.45%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

1 0.81%
Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: (Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

Default Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Besides, it's better to look at patterns than just demand people roll over to complete speculation, IMO, which this is.
    You haven't really considered the idea that these patterns might be complete speculation as well? I suggest you do.
    It's more solid/less speculative than extrapolating from a vague interview quote.

Also, I think that revealing a new game might be stretching it (I'm obviously talking about early January here). It could happen, but at this point I think it's a bit too vague to do that. I'd be positively surprised if they did though.
    Except patterns need to have more then two instances to really be taken seriously, otherwise it could just be coincidence.

The quote, while vague, at least hints that something is coming in the next year, a pattern that's debateable can still easily be broken.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

It's more solid/less speculative than extrapolating from a vague interview quote.
    If it was only the quote, I would (partially) agree. However, I (and nobody else, for that matter) have claimed that this is the single biggest hints we've got for gen VI, quite frankly this was one of the least telling I can think of, and wouldn't put too much weight into it.

So yes, it is a quite more solid then some made up patterns that aren't adhered to.

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is gonna sound really stupid, but... Maybe it's just a new Ranger game or something? That's set in other regions.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Polkadot Jolteon View Post
    This is gonna sound really stupid, but... Maybe it's just a new Ranger game or something? That's set in other regions.
    Game Freak dosent make Ranger or any spin offs, they make the Pokemon main series, it will be a main series Pokemon game most likely.

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkadot Jolteon View Post
    Game Freak dosent make Ranger or any spin offs, they make the Pokemon main series, it will be a main series Pokemon game most likely.
    I'm just saying to could be a possibility. What I mean is it could be a spin-off, not necessarily part of another spin-off series.

Man this is exiting... I remember waking up in January '10 just to see BW announced... O.o this was a great time and I also am looking forward to this reveal. It's most likely GenVI and the unveiling part is always the most fun for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XxPantheraxX View Post
    They might choose a different theme than gems/colors, I mean I doubt anyone expected Pokemon Black and White after Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
    Pokemon Eclipse and Pokemon Starlight?
    Maybe, I dunno, I cant really guess what names they'll pick ^^; For all we know it could be like Pokemon Earth and Sky or something, though this guess is probably totally wrong.
    Those wouldn;t work considering Groudon and Rayquaza... who knows... but yeah can't wait... hell, all we know GF being the trolls they are might announce R/S remakes and Gen VI at the same time XD
    For the record, I dont think they will be called that, but Im simply saying they may not go back to gems and colors and may choose something different.

Lol if those two things were announced at the same time, I think the Pokemon fandom would explode XD it would be like the ultimate trolling Game Freak style. XD I think that probably wont happen but perhaps both are being developed.
    yeah it would be ZOMG REMAKES!!! ZOMG NEW POKEMON!!! -faint- XD that'd be the perfect way to drive the fandom into madness and we all know they seem to try their darnest to do so
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

El_
    Blog Entries

Generation 6 should be fun, I am really curious as to what it will be based on concerning the region/Pokemon mythos and the like. I dunno about them announcing the new game titles just yet, but it would be nice if they did. I'm guessing a silhouette most likely, and only a full on Gen 6 announcement and what they are planning to do on the 3DS if were lucky.

Yeah, I'm obviously completely ruling out side games, remakes, console series (they might as well focus on the Wii U at this juncture, screw the Wii), and all that other mess because its time to move on.
    Trainer Yusuf and Hidden Mew like this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

One thing that has it being dead certain that this is more then likely related to the games more then anything is its connection the the commercial. If I understood right it was a game trailer, meaning this is likely main series news. Yeah yeah I know that I said its unlikely for the games to be announced, even recognized, but thinking it over why wouldn't it be.
    Of course being connected to BW2W2 promotional material can be seen as what exactly this means, and we're all set up for disappointment.

I'm beginning to worry about the fact that new games are coming out before I can finish the ones I've got. I guess that's my fault for buying everything so late, though :P I'm hoping that the Charizard 3DS will make it over to the US if the next gen is for 3DS. I reaaaally don't want to spend so much on a 3DS I'm only going to use for Pokémon games, but if it's a gorgeous limited edition one, then I might feel better about the purchase XD But anyway, I hope that announcement's trolling us because I've got no money for games left XD
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post

So yes, it is a quite more solid then some made up patterns that aren't adhered to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post

Except patterns need to have more then two instances to really be taken seriously, otherwise it could just be coincidence.
    You mean like how a console Pokemon game has been released every gen (5 instances) or how a new gen comes out every 3 or 4 years (3 instances)?

I'm not saying these patterns can't be broken, but don't pretend like some of them don't exist, and that it's all just pareidolia on my part.
    Last edited by Green Zubat; 30th December 2012 at 06:13 AM.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Blog Entries

We've had two console Pokemon games in Gen V already. Just because they aren't what you wanted, doesn't mean they aren't console games. Of course, if you start getting picky with the genre, then get picky with the companies who make them...or realize that the 3D models used in Pokepark were made by the same people who made the 3D models in Stadium, Colo/XD, and PBR making that pattern the strongest pattern of all, which means we've had our console games released already.

We've also had quite a fair bit of DS/3DS Pokemon games released, just not Ranger, but on the spin-off front, Gen V has held itself up pretty strongly as well without resorting to churning out multiple sequels to milk a successful spin-off for that generation (which is the only reason Gen IV seems to have so many games). In terms of main series, you're only short of remakes, but technically did more than Gen I and II in terms of making "unique" games by releasing sequels rather than simple upgraded third versions.

Point is, making a predictive model based on patterns only work when you take in all the data points. When you ignore current data points* and only take into consideration data points that do not contradict your model, then your model is inherently flawed. It doesn't have any external validity as it only considers what does not contradict it rather than trying to resolve discrepancies. A proper model gets revised in light of new data rather than rejects what contradicts it.

I didn't abandon looking at patterns because of one announcement. I abandoned it because it was very clear that the current data points at hand did not fit the current model, and thus the model needs to be revised rather than resisting change.

...but don't pretend like some of them don't exist, and that it's all just pareidolia on my part.
    Quite an ironic statement coming from someone who dismisses anyone who has opted to emphasize the use of current events rather than blindly relying on patterns as partaking in "complete speculation"

--------------

*The data points:
    Last edited by The Outrage; 30th December 2012 at 07:08 AM.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Masuda tweeted that Shigeki Morimoto will be appearing on Jan. 6 Smash episode.

Blog Entries

The biggest question is, will he bring his Simis to challange Masuda's Pichu and Victini?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Pokemon Lion and Pokemon Tiger for 3DS, third version is Pokemon Bear. Nailed it.

Naw, in all seriousness, I think this is probably going to be an announcement for Gen VI. I doubt they would make such a huge deal over something like this if it was anything less.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th January 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. 6th January 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. 1st January 2013, 06:46 AM
  4. 31st December 2012, 05:21 AM
  5. 27th December 2012, 03:04 PM
  6. 26th December 2012, 01:59 PM
  7. 25th December 2012, 05:19 PM
  8. 25th December 2012, 03:51 PM