Mirror Matches/Team Imitations

Thread: Mirror Matches/Team Imitations

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

Default Mirror Matches/Team Imitations

I was thinking about this recently, and, seeing as there was no thread for this unusual practice, I decided to start one.

Simple. Have you ever took part in a mirror match?
    This means, with the exact same species of Pokemon in the team as your opponent. Not only in Wi-Fi, but you could have also challenged an in-game opponent, such as a Gym Leader, Elite Four or Champion, doing this. Lastly, was it coincidental or intentional?

For the other question, it's similar, and it can expand to any canon. Have you ever imitated the team of a character from the anime or any manga of Pokemon? Have you done an entire game run with it?

Well, in my case, I'm close to doing both of this, but not yet at full. I have five out of six of Shirona/Cynthia's Pokemon in Platinum, excepting for Spiritomb, which, once I get my hands on a shiny one and train it, I'm challenging her to a mirror match. Will probably do this with Adeku/Alder too in Black.
    I also have two (shiny) Scizor and a Ninjask, which those who have seen the 13th movie will probably recognize the target of my weird imitation. I did not do a full run, though.

I don't know whether this goes in Video Games or World sections due to the canon expansions. I'll keep watching in case it's moved.

Default Re: Mirror Matches/Team Imitations

I've imitated the team of Dawn from the anime (with the exception of Ambipom) With the same moves. I use them to take down the E4 in BW. Mamoswine and Togekiss do wonders for the team, Pachurisu is hard to use with the moves it knows. Buneary, Piplup and Quilava are average.
    I did do a full run of this team in SS, they got me through it quite well and it was nice to see how they would do in real battles against gym leaders and the E4. Fighting Brock was nice too :)

Very Fine Dodger
    Blog Entries

I did an accidental one of Red while I was preparing to fight Blue in SS. It came to my mind how ironic it was after I beat him.
    I have dodged many things, but that is not why I am a dodger. I just like wearing striped shirts.

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Second round of the Video Game Nationals for the 10th anniversary in 06, we both had the same species, Swampert, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, and Kyogre. It was freaky. O_o Of course, since I was a noob who had no idea what I was doing back then (my team wasn't even all level 100), I ended up losing.

I was planning on doing a run of Ruby using Ruby's team from Pokespe... but since this was going to be a special run with it being my last run of a game before BW comes out, I decided to just go with a normal run. (Not to mention I just used Mudkip in my Sapphire Nuzlocke that I stopped bothering with.) I'll try to get to it sometime, though. :Y

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Not an entire mirror match, but in my Top 16 match in the 2009 Video Game Championships, both me and my opponent had an Infernape-Weavile lead, with a Hoenn psuedo legendary in the back row (I used Salamence while he used Metagross). He ended up winning, due to me switching Salamence into an Ice Beam.

I did a mirror match with my main Uber team in PBR. D8 I barely won too. But it was awesome~
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

i completed Mitsuko G.'s Dream, i made a Mirror Match with Shirona/Cynthia, same levels and attacks, i won =D

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

I've considered doing one with anime Dawn's but it's more difficult with D/P than it is with Platinum, which I don't have.