Mewtwo's Role - Page 7

View Poll Results: Do you think the revealed Mewtwo look-alike is a Mewtwo forme or a new Pokémon?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mewtwo forme

39 54.17%
  • A new Pokémon

33 45.83%
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Mewtwo's Role

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mewtwo's Role

The title of the movie is "Mewtwo's Awakening". It should be obvious that the old Mewtwo, which Ash recognizes in the trailer, will be the focus. It could easily change its Forme to save the day; there doesn't need to be a twin or a replica.

Likewise for the games. Awakening could be the theme of the new Forme, but we would have to actually understand Mewtwo's in-game past for that to be effective.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

The fact he's getting a new form is suspicious...
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    The fact he's getting a new form is suspicious...
    In what way?

I just dont know why they wouldn't give us a better pic of it on the promo poster of ALL PLACES! I realise that the poster was not officially revealed and if this is real they we will probs get new better art eventually but if we look at keldeo's new forme it was revealed in a similar way. the exact same poster was taken edited and the new keldeo was placed in the exact same spot. the only change they made was that they shifted everyone to the side so that you could see keldeo's full body better. Same with sylveon's movie poster, she's right smack in the middle with nothing covered or overlapped. I don't know why they would ever advertise a new form with only a portion of it showing, its not about creativity or sticking with tradition but just marketing sense.

but I think it looks decent and as someone who never played RBY or GSC im not personnally offended or anything so i doubt their target audience (young kids) will be.

This would also explain those crazy facial expressions of the kids on pokemon smash. one thinks its cool, one is surprised, one is disgusted beyond belief and one is just WTF?? a combination of all my sentiments towards it.
    The_Doctor and moa like this.
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

Not really much a fan of multiform legendaries in the first place, but I really don't like this potential new Mewtwo form. I mean, it could be worse, a lot worse for that matter, but I'm still hoping it's a fake.
    Akira Bond likes this.

Even before the images we got recently I've been suspecting Mewtwo would get a new form. It also plays along with the apparent biology theme in XY nicely.

I've been in the fandom since RB came out and I loved Mewtwo back then. I kind of lost sight on him in recent generations and I must say that this is a good way to re-introduce him. Also I like how smooth the new supposed form looks. If it's real, I'm looking forward to it.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is a pretty cool mock-up of what the Form looks like when you remove everything in-front...and I kind of like it:

I just noticed you could see the "legs" today.

El_
    Blog Entries

It doesn't look that bad, I mean... I've definitely seen worse but I've also seen much better. (I'll consider the Mewthree artwork on DA as alternate formes in this instance)

In regards to the form itself, does anyone get a sense of speed from it? I've noticed some places refer to this as "Godspeed Mewtwo." But it doesn't look streamlined IMO like Deoxys-S did, and the idea of the tail sticking out from the head like that seems to indicate power rather than speed.

The reason why I say power rather than speed is because in Mewtwo's original appearance, it has a second spinal cord that supposedly allows for increased nerves and enhancing Mewtwo's Psychic abilities. As Bulbapedia puts it:
    One of Mewtwo's most notable features is the tube extending from the back of its skull to its spine. It is most likely a secondary spinal cord, or a system of nerves, allowing for an increased amount of blood and sensory transmission to the brain, heightening its psychic powers.
    That giant tail sticking out from it's head (aside from reminding me of Aliens) seems to be a step up from that idea, increasing the powers of it's brain to as high as they can possibly be.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Giving Mewtwo a new forme is utter blasphemy. Original Pokemon like Mewtwo absolutely do not need to be edited like this. Surely there are other ways of making a Pokemon interesting than just tacking on a new forme. The number of formes I want to see in Generation VI is exactly 0, but I guess that's asking too much. I can only pray that this is an April Fool's joke that's gone on much longer than it should have.
    El_, UnovaCastaway, Ange and 3 others like this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

I am pretty disgusted by those feet. I don't know, they just look.. really weird.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I've seen a lot of speculation that it might perhaps be increasing its speed to match Extremespeed Genesect, but that's only in movie terms...in the games, Mewtwo's plenty fast...only Aerodactyl, Jolteon, Electrode, Accelgor, Ninjask, and the Deoxys out-speed it.

Giving Mewtwo a new forme is utter blasphemy.
    Well, Mewtwo's creation in terms of canon could be considered blasphemy as it's a creation brought about by humans playing God.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    Giving Mewtwo a new forme is utter blasphemy.
    Well, Mewtwo's creation in terms of canon could be considered blasphemy as it's a creation brought about by humans playing God.
    Lol I didn't mean it being an actual blasphemy in the game universe. I just meant it as an expression of how upsetting it is, I guess.

I'm already beyond annoyed with the amount of formes they had in Gen V, and now they're taking it to an entirely new level of annoying by messing around with Pokemon that do not need other formes at all.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

I can't say that I am surprised at Game Freak apparently thinking that they need to re-design a Pokémon to do something new with it. It is a superficial approach, but I'm pretty indifferent to designs (especially alternate ones) just as long as they look decent. The only thing that would disappoint me is if the focus on Mewtwo were limited to the Forme.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of speculation that it might perhaps be increasing its speed to match Extremespeed Genesect, but that's only in movie terms...in the games, Mewtwo's plenty fast...only Aerodactyl, Jolteon, Electrode, Accelgor, Ninjask, and the Deoxys out-speed it.
    Aerodactyl and Jolteon tie with it.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I can't say that I am surprised at Game Freak apparently thinking that they need to re-design a Pokémon to do something new with it.
    Ingame, why would Mewtwo need a new form? To tie with the Kyurem forms or Arceus?

Mewtwo's the original uber. I personally don't think it's broken and needs to be fixed.
    Chronos likes this.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast