Mewtwo's Role - Page 5

View Poll Results: Do you think the revealed Mewtwo look-alike is a Mewtwo forme or a new Pokémon?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mewtwo forme

39 54.17%
  • A new Pokémon

33 45.83%
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Mewtwo's Role

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Mewtwo's Role

They dont have to be. Id think at least a few others would be included in game, but some would be saved for DLC and brought out later, I think this would keep the game interesting.
    The_Doctor likes this.

What if it was a double battle and you can only catch one of them.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't see Mewtwo playing any part in X & Y. Maybe it will be distributable, but having plot relevance seems very farfetched. Of course, this is based on the information that we currently have. If Mewtwo is somehow connected to a fifth Generation Pokémon in the movie, like the Shiny Legendary Beasts and Zoroark, then I can see it unlocking something. But as it stands, Mewtwo seems to be just a throwback to Generation I, like most of Generation V.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Yup,

With how Mewtwo is being already distributed FOR A UNOVA MOVIE, I really doubt that he would be also brought back in the XY games. I'd love that, because he is my favorite pokemon, but I don't see why would they give Mewtwo out now, and then also make him available in the game later. Just doesn't cut it well.

It is to be fair available only for the ones who sign up for the premiere or something, but still doesn't change the fact.

What if i doesnt relate to X and Y at all? What if it is related to the sequel/third version of X and Y. We all know that they are coming after X and Y. Like if Mewtwo was the main pokemon in it?

Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar

I don't see Mewtwo relating at all. That Lucario movie had Mew in it and Mew didn't relate to Gen. 4 at all. I believe Mewtwo is only there with Genesect because both were Pokemon modified by scientists, and they also choose a popular Pokemon to co-star to get more attention. I mean, in all fairness, there is nothing at all saying that Genesect's movie has anything to do with Gen. 6 in the first place, minus the opening mini-movie with Sylveon. Then again, Marrill and Donphan were in the first movie, but Mewtwo had nothing to do with Gen. 2 either - and was actually uncatchable in Gold and Silver. So we've seen before a mini movie just giving away a small detail about the upcoming stuff, and the movie being only about giving a legendary a chance to shine. Get it it...the shiny Genesect...that was stupid, I agree.

So, Sylveon in the mini movie is for the upcoming, but Genesect and Mewtwo are only for the movie because all Legendaries have to appear in the movies: be it small cameos of Kyogre, or not really them versions of Groudon, or even unexplainable turning up for no reason like Rayquaza did with Deoxys' movie.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

End transmission, please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RemainsToLinger View Post
    That Lucario movie had Mew in it and Mew didn't relate to Gen. 4 at all.
    That's a poor example since Movie 8 premiered more than a year before Diamond and Pearl's release, and Mew was definitely relevant to FRLG and Emerald. Even then, the bigger movie star was Lucario, which promoted Generation IV.

In contrast, Movie 16 will premiere just three months before XY's release, and Mewtwo doesn't even have an in-game event in any of the current games.

I believe Mewtwo is only there with Genesect because both were Pokemon modified by scientists, and they also choose a popular Pokemon to co-star to get more attention. I mean, in all fairness, there is nothing at all saying that Genesect's movie has anything to do with Gen. 6 in the first place, minus the opening mini-movie with Sylveon. Then again, Marrill and Donphan were in the first movie, but Mewtwo had nothing to do with Gen. 2 either - and was actually uncatchable in Gold and Silver.
    Again, that movie premiered more than a year before Gold and Silver's release. The example you should actually be thinking of is Movie 2, whose star was Lugia.

So, Sylveon in the mini movie is for the upcoming, but Genesect and Mewtwo are only for the movie because all Legendaries have to appear in the movies: be it small cameos of Kyogre, or not really them versions of Groudon, or even unexplainable turning up for no reason like Rayquaza did with Deoxys' movie.
    Mewtwo already has a movie and a special under his belt.

I think it's unlikely that Mewtwo will have an actual role in X and Y, but that would be awesome if it did. One of the things I loved about Gold/Silver was its continuity with Red/Blue so if Mewtwo could be used in X/Y to do something similar, that would make my day.

Red
    Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

I want Mewtwo to have a role. As a fan of cloning and genetic tampering, I believe Mewtwo is vastly underdeveloped. On top of that, he was a part of the big duo legendary from the first generation, and he had no major event or main story tied to him at all. It's really a shame. I know that the manga and anime have covered him, but I don't care about those, they are adaptions. If this game does have ties to genetics, then Mewtwo should have a role, as should Mew, honestly. Mew carries the DNA of every pokemon, so by extension, so to does Mewtwo.

Would their roles take away from Xerneas and Yveltal? Of course not, lower the number of new legendary pokemon, and instead shine the limelight on two massively popular pokemon who never got their deserved time, or game box covers.

I believe, if anything, this game will revolve around man's pokemon creations. And Mewtwo is their greatest accomplishment, along with Porygon. Perhaps man are the ones who created the box legendaries this time.
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?

Quote Originally Posted by Quirky Circuit View Post
    If this game does have ties to genetics, then Mewtwo should have a role, as should Mew, honestly. Mew carries the DNA of every pokemon, so by extension, so to does Mewtwo.
    No, it doesn't. Note that its movepool is smaller and the Yellow Pokedex entry specifically claims its DNA is almost the same as Mew's. Genetic complexity/depth was sacrificed to optimize traits like power and speed.

I believe, if anything, this game will revolve around man's pokemon creations. And Mewtwo is their greatest accomplishment, along with Porygon. Perhaps man are the ones who created the box legendaries this time.
    Honestly, Mewtwo isn't all that impressive as a creation of mankind. All they did was take an already existing, already powerful Pokemon who's a genetic jackpot and pimped it out. Porygon, as you mentioned, is a far greater creation because it was made from nothing.

Red
    Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirky Circuit View Post
    If this game does have ties to genetics, then Mewtwo should have a role, as should Mew, honestly. Mew carries the DNA of every pokemon, so by extension, so to does Mewtwo.
    No, it doesn't. Note that its movepool is smaller and the Yellow Pokedex entry specifically claims its DNA is almost the same as Mew's. Genetic complexity/depth was sacrificed to optimize traits like power and speed.

Honestly, Mewtwo isn't all that impressive as a creation of mankind. All they did was take an already existing, already powerful Pokemon who's a genetic jackpot and pimped it out. Porygon, as you mentioned, is a far greater creation because it was made from nothing.
    Yes, but I believe Mewtwo is the reason we've had Pokemon created like Porygon. He was the catalyst, at least from the implications of the games anyway. So he was impressive. And beyond that, it is all trumped simply because I find it interesting, so I am naturally going to conceive of a plausible way for Mewtwo's role to be elaborated on beyond hiding in a cave. And, honestly, if they wanted GF could easily expand Mewtwo's move list if they wanted to expand or tie him closer to the ancestor pokemon.

There is going to be untapped potential, and possible retcons, in a character that was left by the wayside and kept mostly in the dark for some time.
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?

On the bright side, now we can tell Mewtwo is going to have a role.

Follow Solar Dragon On Twitter Add Solar Dragon on Facebook
    Follow Solar Dragon on Tumblr Visit Solar Dragon's Youtube Channel

Possible new form for Mewtwo. This was posted on Serebii and is currently unconfirmed so it may not be true but here's an image:

mewtwoform.jpg

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Confirmed fake in another thread. Good news; that form is terrible.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Follow Solar Dragon On Twitter Add Solar Dragon on Facebook
    Follow Solar Dragon on Tumblr Visit Solar Dragon's Youtube Channel

It was never confirmed fake. Just users speculating that it is fake. It is possible that this will be real.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast