Mewtwo's Role - Page 23

View Poll Results: Do you think the revealed Mewtwo look-alike is a Mewtwo forme or a new Pokémon?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mewtwo forme

39 54.17%
  • A new Pokémon

33 45.83%
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Mewtwo's Role

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

Default Re: Mewtwo's Role

Quote Originally Posted by Genwunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pastabender View Post
    Yeh sorry Sycamore is definitely not going to give away a level 100 Mewtwo just after the start of the adventure for the sake of explaining Mega Evolutions.
    It never mentioned it was the start of the adventure, to me it looked more like a Post game thing.

Also I think the new Pokemon that Red will meet for the first time, will be Charizard's Mega Evolution, you know just to really rub salt into the wounds. First they did it to Mewtwo, Charizard's next.

In the end of the Pokemon Origin clip it looks a bit like DNA Digivolution, but Charizard is glowing in Rainbow colours, which seem to be associated with mega evolution and it looks like that helix symbol briefly appears.

Also if Blaziken has a Mega Evo, I'm sure all starters will have them, they won't want to make it unbalanced.
    But the reason for him giving you Mewtwo in this demo is to explain Mega Evolutions. So, if you say, they wouldn't go to all that effort into programming it in without it actually happening, then we either get a level 100 Mewtwo when all our Pokemon are all first stage and within the first half of gym badges, or at the very end which means Mega Evolutions only get explained after the adventure, which would be entirely redundant for the games and promotion.

Neither of these make any sense whatsoever.

Yeh sorry Sycamore is definitely not going to give away a level 100 Mewtwo just after the start of the adventure for the sake of explaining Mega Evolutions.
    It never mentioned it was the start of the adventure, to me it looked more like a Post game thing.

Also I think the new Pokemon that Red will meet for the first time, will be Charizard's Mega Evolution, you know just to really rub salt into the wounds. First they did it to Mewtwo, Charizard's next.

In the end of the Pokemon Origin clip it looks a bit like DNA Digivolution, but Charizard is glowing in Rainbow colours, which seem to be associated with mega evolution and it looks like that helix symbol briefly appears.

Also if Blaziken has a Mega Evo, I'm sure all starters will have them, they won't want to make it unbalanced.
    But the reason for him giving you Mewtwo in this demo is to explain Mega Evolutions. So, if you say, they wouldn't go to all that effort into programming it in without it actually happening, then we either get a level 100 Mewtwo when all our Pokemon are all first stage and within the first half of gym badges, or at the very end which means Mega Evolutions only get explained after the adventure, which would be entirely redundant for the games and promotion.

Neither of these make any sense whatsoever.
    After reading that and looking at the video the above poster it has put my mind to rest on this particular part. I think I just misunderstood what a Demo actually was in Pokemon terms, I thought it was a first chance to play the games, or part of the games, I didn't realise it was entirely new programmed stuff not in the story at all. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mewtwo given out as a common gift Pokemon

Can you think of any other examples where things have been in Pokemon demos but not in the final game just to put my mind at rest?
    Pretty much all of them are just to show battles. DP demo, RS demo, BW demo. And this demo, too was just to show off Mega Evolution. All of them are like that. There's no way Sycamore is just going to give you a Lv100 Mewtwo that early in the game.

The Role of Mewtwo, Carnac and Lascaux in XY

It's a theory that involves Mewtwo's rumored form in a big way. It's too long for this thread, so I posted it on my blog.

Blog Entries

Well, since we have two Mewtwo evos that are version exclusive, they likely still could play a role in the plot. Looking at the physical appearances, Mega Mewtwo X/Y seem to be branching evolutionary paths Mewtwo takes in regards to its development (Fuji and what they did to it). Mewtwo X looks like the standard Mewtwo, with it gaining a Fighting type could play up the role it had as being genetically altered for that purpose, ie specifically for battle. Mewtwo Y on the other hand takes a more Mew-like appearance, and could reference how Mewtwo evolves when not being altered for battle, or evolving into what it could have been without the horrific gene splicing.

The only thing I wonder is why is the fiercer Mewtwo obtaining in Pokemon X (where Xerneas's life theme seems to fit Mew more) rather than Y? The alternate theory to this I had was Mewtwo X representing having more life and a fighting spirit as opposed to Mewtwo Y, but I think the above about divergent evolution paths based on it's genes probably makes more sense.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The Role of Mewtwo, Carnac and Lascaux in XY

It's a theory that involves Mewtwo's rumored form in a big way. It's too long for this thread, so I posted it on my blog.
    As interesting as it was, that's been already Jossed as of today. Both Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y are standard Mega evolutions.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

So... Mewtwo to return in SSB4 with one Mega evo as the final Smash in the Wii U version, and the other one in the 3DS version, anyone?

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking, are we sure the Mewtwonite X and Y are version exclusives?

Perhaps they are more similar to Ho-Oh and Lugia in GS, where one of them DOES get more focus in the story, for whatever, plot-related reasons. Yet the other will still be around.

If we stablish that both forms exist in the same setting, and that whichiever you get deppends on how the story goes in either version... I can see why X with Xerneas would get the "rough, fierce-looking" one, while Y with Yveltal gets the "smooth, spiritual-looking" one, for respective contrast.

As I said in another blog comment too, the appearance of these forms and perhaps the contrast with Xerneas and Yveltal does seem to play with the whole "Team Flare seeks a beautiful world" idea.
    Mega Mewtwo X may as well be intentionally non-refined with a tacky design, while Mega Mewtwo Y does fit the "over-engineered aesthetic standards" of modern design.

[/overexposition]

You could only get both Lugia and Ho-Oh in the remakes, in the original they were exclusive.

THE Pokemon Master TheMonster6893's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Talon View Post
    You could only get both Lugia and Ho-Oh in the remakes, in the original they were exclusive.
    No you could definitely get both in the originals. The wing of the the respective Pokemon opposite to the game your were playing was just given to you after you be the E4 and go to Kanto. IIRC you get it in or around pewter City.
    My Future OR/AS Team:

Blog Entries

I think what GF trying to do is to bridge Gen I with Gen VI. We are given two starters, one from Kanto, another from Kalos. So it would only be parallel if we are given 2 680 BST legendary, one from Gen I, and another from Gen VI. Mewtwo is the only 680 BST legendary in Gen I, so they have to make 2 Mega to compensate for that. In X, Xerneas is mono type, Mega Mewtwo X is dual type. In Y, Yveltal is dual type, Mega Mewtwo Y is mono type.

Based Mod DCM's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

In terms of function, Mewtwo's inclusion (as well as the original Kanto starters) reeks of appealing to the Generation 1 Stans. To be fair, it's an easy market to appeal to, nostalgia sells. In terms of narrative, Mewtwo's origin's as a product of an experiment is something that can easily be connected to the concept of "mega" pokemon. What better pokemon to test new concepts and evolutions on than a pokemon created by man?

"Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem/Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams."

I think the chances of Mewtwo being the "third version/sequels" legendary are quite likely. Maybe I am saying this only because of the fact it is present along Xerneas and Yveltal in the soundtrack album cover. I also think Mewtwo's prominent presence in Gen VI is more because of it being tied to genetics than to it being a Generation I Pokémon. I am not saying that they aren't trying to please the people who like Generation I games, they seem to be, I just don't think that is the reason for Mewtwo having an apparently huge importance again.

He's Amphabulous! Bayushiyojiro's Avatar

some might say that mewtwo was a cloned 'mega form' of mew, to a degree. genes and amplification of power yadda yadda.

its a little farfetch'd i admit. but it makes sense the first genetically engineered pokemon would show up in a genetic-based generation/region, not 'just' to placate genwunners (the kanto starters on the other hand... not so sure thats anything BUT nostalgia-fodder)
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

all gens have their purpose and place (except hoenn, screw hoenn)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Talon View Post
    They were both available in the original, but due to the lack of a move relearner, their signature moves were exclusive to the respective versions.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast