Mewtwo's Role - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you think the revealed Mewtwo look-alike is a Mewtwo forme or a new Pokémon?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mewtwo forme

39 54.17%
  • A new Pokémon

33 45.83%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Mewtwo's Role

Default Re: Mewtwo's Role

I believe, on the Mew topic, that they could add light-type to him.
    I personally feel that Mewtwo needs some closure in the anime. But I'm more concerned, why is he showing up in the story now? I don't care why the writers are doing it, but what will he be involved in the story?

Is the new city that he is in being attacked?
    And who do you think will voice act him?

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    I personally feel that Mewtwo needs some closure in the anime. But I'm more concerned, why is he showing up in the story now? I don't care why the writers are doing it, but what will he be involved in the story?

or what if, mew and mewtwo appear in the game, but only as npcs to introduce a new legendary. if X and Y represent the stag and eagle ont he tree thing, and z happens to be a aquatic serpent legendary... then what of the squirrel that travels on the tree?

drumroll...

MEWTHREE. psychic/[newtype] fairy for gen 5 is a genetically altered again new poke with ties to older pokes.

>_> no?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBugChampion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post

or what if, mew and mewtwo appear in the game, but only as npcs to introduce a new legendary. if X and Y represent the stag and eagle ont he tree thing, and z happens to be a aquatic serpent legendary... then what of the squirrel that travels on the tree?

drumroll...

MEWTHREE. psychic/[newtype] fairy for gen 5 is a genetically altered again new poke with ties to older pokes.

>_> no?
    I'd love a Mewthree. MewX OR MewY

Blog Entries

Can't the new team make there own mewtwo or more than one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    They could, but that would be redundant as Team Rocket aren't related to Mewtwo in the games. For all we know, Dr. Fuji did his research for another organization. Since Mewtwo's origin is shrouded with mystery, it would be quite silly if Game Freak wasted this opportunity on something that had nothing to do with the original Mewtwo.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    They could, but that would be redundant as Team Rocket aren't related to Mewtwo in the games. For all we know, Dr. Fuji did his research for another organization. Since Mewtwo's origin is shrouded with mystery, it would be quite silly if Game Freak wasted this opportunity on something that had nothing to do with the original Mewtwo.
    They can do that and have new Mewtwo like someone from the original project recovered the procedure or close decedent of the team they can still do this and not have the original Mewtwo appear since it got beaten by red or ethan or is still chilling or whateves
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

They can do that and have new Mewtwo like someone from the original project recovered the procedure or close decedent of the team they can still do this and not have the original Mewtwo appear since it got beaten by red or ethan or is still chilling or whateves
    But why would they do that? Especially as HGSS established that Red didn't catch Mewtwo, and I highly doubt that Ethan/Lyra did, either.

Blog Entries

But why would they do that? Especially as HGSS established that Red didn't catch Mewtwo, and I highly doubt that Ethan/Lyra did, either.
    I'd prefer if they leave it open ended. If the Mewtwo escape just make another one and I wouldn't consider not using the original Mewtwo a waste

Blog Entries

I see no reason to ruin Mewtwo's uniqueness just for the sake of it. It would make it harder to explain the original story.

Blog Entries

I see no reason to ruin Mewtwo's uniqueness just for the sake of it. It would make it harder to explain the original story.
    1. And I don't see the reason for a terrorist group not to use a perfectly good cloning process just for the sake of Mewtwo uniqueness

2. An isolationist pokemon in Kanto somehow getting involved in the affairs of a team in Europe seems harder to explain than "These guys made Mewtwo let's make are own or 3"
    VeggiePopper and Silverwynde like this.

Blog Entries

1. And I don't see the reason for a terrorist group not to use a perfectly good cloning process just for the sake of Mewtwo uniqueness

2. An isolationist pokemon in Kanto somehow getting involved in the affairs of a team in Europe seems harder to explain than "These guys made Mewtwo let's make are own or 3"
    Dr. Fuji is the one that created Mewtwo, and now he is obviously a reformed man (Mr. Fuji) who would never get involved in such an experiment again. It would be forced if another scientist could mimic Dr. Fuji's work, even if they used to work together.

Mewtwo making it to another region wouldn't be hard to explain at all. Even in HGSS the fact that Cerulean Cave was said to have collapsed, implying that Mewtwo had been gone from Kanto for a while like in Generation II.

Blog Entries

Dr. Fuji is the one that created Mewtwo, and now he is obviously a reformed man (Mr. Fuji) who would never get involved in such an experiment again. It would be forced if another scientist could mimic Dr. Fuji's work, even if they used to work together.

Mewtwo making it to another region wouldn't be hard to explain at all. Even in HGSS the fact that Cerulean Cave was said to have collapsed, implying that Mewtwo had been gone from Kanto for a while like in Generation II.
    I don't remember Dr. Fuji appearing in the games. The anime is based on the games not the other way around. Scavengers and copy cats happen all the time so I don't see why someone copying the original team would be forced especially if they used to work with data entry guy.

Blog Entries

I don't remember Dr. Fuji appearing in the games. The anime is based on the games not the other way around. Scavengers and copy cats happen all the time so I don't see why someone copying the original team would be forced especially if they used to work with data entry guy.
    Read this. You can skip the first three paragraphs.

Blog Entries

Yes, the anime is based on the game. That Dr. Fuji was clearly based loosely on the old Mr. Fuji who gives you the PokeFlute.

As you can see, there is information on the Fame Checker that links this Fuji to Cinnabar Island and another prominent scientist:
    Family and friends?

It's a photo of BLAINE and
    MR. FUJI.

They're standing shoulder to
    shoulder with big grins.
    There is a portrait of Mr. Fuji in the Cinnabar's Pokemon Lab, a lab famous for its cloning research reviving fossils, naming him as its founder.

There's also a blurred out sign on Faraway Island with half of Fuji's name blurred out...the sign being a message of regret.

The writing is fading as if it was
    written a long time ago…
    "…ber, 6th day
    If any human…sets foot here…
    again…et it be a kindhearted pers…
    …ith that hope, I depar…
    Joshawott likes this.

Blog Entries

Read this. You can skip the first three paragraphs.
    Okay you know more about this then me I concede that you know more about this stuff than me but I don't see how somebody showing remorse makes it impossible for someone to do the same thing. Didn't Newton invent Calculus separately then somebody else.

EDIT I'm not saying I'm master predictor I'm quite the opposite but I think it's just neat little idea is all
    Last edited by Phoenixphlare; 16th February 2013 at 03:44 AM.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast