Mewtwo's Role - Page 18

View Poll Results: Do you think the revealed Mewtwo look-alike is a Mewtwo forme or a new Pokémon?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mewtwo forme

39 54.17%
  • A new Pokémon

33 45.83%
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Mewtwo's Role

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Default Re: Mewtwo's Role

After seeing the new trailor, seeing Mewtwo transform has made me feel more content to the idea of Mewtwo having a new forme. Any previous feelings I had about Mewtwo having a new forme has vanished, I now feel a lot more accepting of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    Lovely. Another useless new form. Won't be surprised if they gave Deoxys a couple new forms as well to represent the remaining stats.
    You've no real right to say it's useless when little has even been confirmed about it. For all you know it could be integral to the games, as well as the movie.
    Either way, I don't see the logic in rejecting new forms for the sake of it. If anything, there's more sense (And more interest) elaborating on past Legendaries.. Dunno' if the same could apply to the Movie, considering Mewtwo's once already stated it's motives and goals, but certainly for the games.. It's more or less a mystery. Just seems obnoxious, claiming it's useless, on a thread that's been theorizing the point of Mewtwo, and it's new form forrr.. 17-18 pages?

Whether it's an ounce, or cluster of information.. Whether it's a Pokedex entry, or a ton of expository dialogue, it'll still spark interest. "Useless" hardly applies to anything, let alone a new Pokemon. If it's useless, why's it featured, with a starring role?

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    After seeing the new trailor, seeing Mewtwo transform has made me feel more content to the idea of Mewtwo having a new forme. Any previous feelings I had about Mewtwo having a new forme has vanished, I now feel a lot more accepting of it.
    At this point, it's actually confirmed by the officials that the new Mewtwo is a new form. XD

Oh and according to some sources, the new Mewtwo form is called the "X form". If this is true, then my prediction is that either Mewtwo will get another new form called the "Y form" or another genetically engineered Pokemon like Deoxys or Genesect will get a "Y form". Though it's problematic because both of them have multiple forms.

I've never watched the Japanese dubs of the movies, but, is it true that Mewtwo once had a male voice? And now it's female? Peculiar.. Could this be another clone?
    Awkward moment when Mewtwo gains the ability to clone itself.

Also, this movie looks great. Explosions, a big epic battle, pretty imagery, a new form, and cutesy soundtrack.
    Last edited by Halayuuko; 17th April 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    At this point, it's actually confirmed by the officials that the new Mewtwo is a new form. XD

Oh and according to some sources, the new Mewtwo form is called the "X form". If this is true, then my prediction is that either Mewtwo will get another new form called the "Y form" or another genetically engineered Pokemon like Deoxys or Genesect will get a "Y form". Though it's problematic because both of them have multiple forms.
    Yes, I know. It's been confirmed for a few days now that it's a new forme. I'm more content to Mewtwo having a new forme than I originally was, back when all we had was a leaked image of the Movie poster.

I doubt Mewtwo will be receiving another new forme, however, considering he's getting one at all, shows that anything could happen. I hope we'll find out more information soon

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

Lovely. Another useless new form. Won't be surprised if they gave Deoxys a couple new forms as well to represent the remaining stats.
    Which Stats doesn't it have covered already?
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Accuracy and Evasion form!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post

While that sounds dubious, I suppose Mew could be the one to get a Y form.

I'm a bit worried. Mewtwo's supposed to be all-powerfull, that's why he had that extra neck tube, extra blood flow to the brain, but instead Newtwo has a tail on its head. If Newtwo lacks the extra blood flow, how can he be as powerful as before?
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

that circle on it's head circulated blood from his brain...to his brain. Cuts out the middle man, much faster transferring :o

Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    that circle on it's head circulated blood from his brain...to his brain. Cuts out the middle man, much faster transferring :o
    Good luck concentrating with deoxygenated blood. (Heh, "deoxy"...)
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Blog Entries

I liked how that when Mewtwo turned into its other forme, it's body got smaller. Granted this is kind of obvious, it looked like it would be smaller from the very start, but I still found that particular bit about the trailer amusing.

I suppose then that it could be more speed focused, smaller body would mean less weight behind it.
    Jolty94 likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halayuuko View Post
    You've no real right to say it's useless when little has even been confirmed about it. For all you know it could be integral to the games, as well as the movie.
    Either way, I don't see the logic in rejecting new forms for the sake of it. If anything, there's more sense (And more interest) elaborating on past Legendaries.. Dunno' if the same could apply to the Movie, considering Mewtwo's once already stated it's motives and goals, but certainly for the games.. It's more or less a mystery. Just seems obnoxious, claiming it's useless, on a thread that's been theorizing the point of Mewtwo, and it's new form forrr.. 17-18 pages?

Whether it's an ounce, or cluster of information.. Whether it's a Pokedex entry, or a ton of expository dialogue, it'll still spark interest. "Useless" hardly applies to anything, let alone a new Pokemon. If it's useless, why's it featured, with a starring role?
    I have no right to say it's useless? It's my opinion that it's useless. I couldn't care less if it's integral to the new games or that it's going to be starring in this year's movie.

Before I continue, I'm not one of those "genwunners", and I am not opposed to new forms of some Pokemon. But to give Mewtwo a new form after over 15 years since it was first revealed, I definitely am not here for that. By doing this, there is no stopping Game Freak from creating new forms of other past Legendary Pokemon.

I feel like they only created this new form is because Genesect was the only "new" Pokemon to be starring in this movie and they needed another gimmick Pokemon to create buzz for the movie. Instead of using Mewtwo, why couldn't they just use a brand new Pokemon or Legendary Pokemon from Pokemon X&Y?

/rant

Blog Entries

I feel like they only created this new form is because Genesect was the only "new" Pokemon to be starring in this movie and they needed another gimmick Pokemon to create buzz for the movie. Instead of using Mewtwo, why couldn't they just use a brand new Pokemon or Legendary Pokemon from Pokemon X&Y?
    Game Freak do not cater to the anime. They created this Forme for the games.
    The Outrage likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Wow it really is like a super saiyan forme, fancy glow upwards and all. I don't mind, cause its awesome. Awakened Mewtwo hopefully won't be the final name, but I still won't mind if it is though, cause it sounds cool. It also goes with what I would consider gen 1 Mewtwo, a more incomplete forme, that didn't really finish mutating. Now the aerodynamic spoiler on his head makes more sense.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast