Mewtwo's Role - Page 13

View Poll Results: Do you think the revealed Mewtwo look-alike is a Mewtwo forme or a new Pokémon?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mewtwo forme

39 54.17%
  • A new Pokémon

33 45.83%
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Mewtwo's Role

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mewtwo's Role

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Mewthree is TR's answer to TP's Genesect??
    Not likely, given that TR is only involved with Mewtwo in the anime.
    Exactly, which is why them continuing with the research they started would tie in with the new movie(since that is where this form/pokemon will debut).
    Except they never started the research.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Mewthree is TR's answer to TP's Genesect??
    Not likely, given that TR is only involved with Mewtwo in the anime.
    Exactly, which is why them continuing with the research they started would tie in with the new movie(since that is where this form/pokemon will debut).
    Except they never started the research.
    Um.......did you even watch the first movie?? Game wise they might not have(although that was never really made clear).

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I am going to loathe this whether its a forme or new Pokemon related to Mewtwo, while absolutely adoring it. Why?
    Well for one, it breaks the silent unwritten taboo that new formes for old Legendaries were out of the question. Whether you like it or not, I can't wait for formes for Ho-oh or Lugia, or at best it allows sequels for Ruby and Sapphire with new Formes for the mascot Pokemon to allow for a new story. This covers mewtwo's general role as a ground zero, opening the proverbial floodgates for new unspoiled territory.
    Why I hate it, is simply the creative reign the movie seemingly has over Gamefreak's own in game uses. What I mean is, this seems to be designed on speed, complete with a spoiler for aerodynamics. This is a pure riff on Speed VS speed, overriding the genetic monster vs genetic monster motif that already exists, and unfortunately the in-game explination will feel poorer for my tastes. While movies were taken before games for older even Pokemon, HELLO SHAYMIN, this seems to go too far for the in-game forme change to make sense. What gain would Mewtwo, or at least the mewtwo gained from the event have from gaining a marginal speed boost? And more importantly, will the new evil team have a role, or perhaps will they adapt the VS Genesect into the game, having the red one only available with this new forme? Potential is there, but only in a very narrow mindset, and perhaps not with what mewtwo has going for it from what we know from FRLG. All in all, I personally love the design if its a new forme, but for the sake of not having the advertising shells needs come before the games I hope to the gods of sanity that its a new Pokemon.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    Why I hate it, is simply the creative reign the movie seemingly has over Gamefreak's own in game uses. What I mean is, this seems to be designed on speed, complete with a spoiler for aerodynamics. This is a pure riff on Speed VS speed, overriding the genetic monster vs genetic monster motif that already exists, and unfortunately the in-game explination will feel poorer for my tastes. While movies were taken before games for older even Pokemon, HELLO SHAYMIN, this seems to go too far for the in-game forme change to make sense. What gain would Mewtwo, or at least the mewtwo gained from the event have from gaining a marginal speed boost?
    Or the Speed boost is a minor aspect of the new Forme and nothing more. Stats aren't everything, and what makes you think that Game Freak cater to the movies rather than the other way around?

or perhaps will they adapt the VS Genesect into the game, having the red one only available with this new forme?
    The Forme will pretty obviously be the focus of the XY event, and there is no reason why the shiny Genesect wouldn't just be distributed to the Generation V games.

Potential is there, but only in a very narrow mindset, and perhaps not with what mewtwo has going for it from what we know from FRLG. All in all, I personally love the design if its a new forme, but for the sake of not having the advertising shells needs come before the games I hope to the gods of sanity that its a new Pokemon.
    This is such narrow-minded thinking. Do you really think that the only possible thing Game Freak could do with Mewtwo or its Forme is advertising the movie? If so, why would a new Mewtwo-like species be any better?

Blog Entries

Um.......did you even watch the first movie?? Game wise they might not have(although that was never really made clear).
    Yes, and we're talking about the game, where it was at no point implied or even suggested despite the many times Team Rocket has appeared or been referenced. Which is why the new form probably is not an answer to Team Plasma's Genesect, especially when we know that in-game, N and Team Plasma abandoned the development of Genesect. Despite Scientist Dudley's continued work on the project, no reference was made that it was still being secretly funded by Team Plasma (by courtesy of Ghetsis, who likely would have wanted Genesect), even in the sequels.

So Newtwo probably isn't Team Rocket's answer to Team Plasma's Genesect because (1) there is no evidence that they were even involved with Mewtwo in the games in the first place and (2) Genesect has more or less been disowned by Team Plasma. Oh, and let's not forget that Team Rocket has been so thoroughly disbanded over and over again, to the point that Game Freak made an entire Time Travel event just to show how over they are with Team Rocket.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

I have mixed feelings about Mewtwo's Puff Pastry Forme.
    For starters...

If you aren't convinced, compare this:

to this:

On the other hand, the race-car type spoiler on its head may be for portability, as well as improved aerodynamics.

Now, I actually don't mind that Mewtwo seems straight out of Dragonball -- I really like Dragonball -- and Kid Myuu's look is growing on me like Chespin did, but why does it need a new Forme at all? It feels like GF's motto for Gen 6 has become "Why make new Pokemon when you can just give new versions to 16 year old ones"? It's disappointing.

BTW, is anyone else going to name theirs "Bib Fortuna"?

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

El_
    Blog Entries

This covers mewtwo's general role as a ground zero, opening the proverbial floodgates for new unspoiled territory.
    Only that new formes, are not unspoiled territory for this series. :p Mewtwo getting a new forme at all is honestly nearly jumping the shark as it is, but for nearly every single other big time legend to start getting them would be poor creativity for legends and truly jumping it. Are Game Freak unsatisfied with the original designs? The only old school legendary Pokemon that new formes would be justified for are perhaps Johto's legendary Beast, who all were different Pokemon before being revived by Ho-oh. Even then, it may be better to just go a new species route with them.

On Mewtwo, its forme has grown on me, the design really isn't bad save for the fingers/toes. I hope the new games explain why Mr. Fuji (& Blaine) created Mewtwo to begin with, what the purpose was, who funded it etc, because unlike the anime it wasn't ever clarified on.
    Codface likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Agreed the main draw of this film for me is the closure of the mewtwo story line. Always felt he'd reappear following mewtwos return.

I'd be happy to see him find some peace and a place in life by either looking after this new mewtwo mon or becoming it. Either way should be much more tied in than the last few films which is great.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been wondering... While it probably is a forme, does that ensure Mewtwo will change between them?

There are five Genesect in the movie, multiple clones of the same pokémon each with a variation. These are not "unique legendaries" because all of them can and have been cloned.

It seems like a possibility to me that this one would be technically the same species as Mewtwo, yet "locked" into a different form. There are already pokémon like that (with different variations, like Gastrodon and whatever), and although while mostly aesthetic, it would be a first for a legendary (mostly because most are ambiguously painted as unique, something the other star of the movie clearly isn't.)

After all, Mewtwo facing an slightly modified clone of specifically himself could have interesting consequences.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

it breaks the silent unwritten taboo
    The what now? No such thing ever existed. We just assumed it did.

Why I hate it, is simply the creative reign the movie seemingly has over Gamefreak's own in game uses. What I mean is, this seems to be designed on speed, complete with a spoiler for aerodynamics. This is a pure riff on Speed VS speed, overriding the genetic monster vs genetic monster motif that already exists, and unfortunately the in-game explination will feel poorer for my tastes. While movies were taken before games for older even Pokemon, HELLO SHAYMIN, this seems to go too far for the in-game forme change to make sense. What gain would Mewtwo, or at least the mewtwo gained from the event have from gaining a marginal speed boost? And more importantly, will the new evil team have a role, or perhaps will they adapt the VS Genesect into the game, having the red one only available with this new forme? Potential is there, but only in a very narrow mindset, and perhaps not with what mewtwo has going for it from what we know from FRLG. All in all, I personally love the design if its a new forme, but for the sake of not having the advertising shells needs come before the games I hope to the gods of sanity that its a new Pokemon.
    Why would you think a speedy Mewtwo form would be made to match the anime's speedy Genesect? In all likelihood it was the other way around- Gamefreak designs a speedy Mewtwo, and the anime makes a speedy Genesect for it to battle in the movie. At the absolute most, they collaborated, but I have no idea how likely that is. At any rate, just because Red Genesect was revealed first doesn't mean it was thought up first.

Follow Ketchup On Twitter
    Follow Ketchup on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    So Newtwo probably isn't Team Rocket's answer to Team Plasma's Genesect because (1) there is no evidence that they were even involved with Mewtwo in the games in the first place and (2) Genesect has more or less been disowned by Team Plasma. Oh, and let's not forget that Team Rocket has been so thoroughly disbanded over and over again, to the point that Game Freak made an entire Time Travel event just to show how over they are with Team Rocket.
    Oh you're right! Maybe then we'll see the emergence of the gen 6 villains in the movie? Unless these man-made Pokémon are acting entirely on their own, which is possible but I doubt they'll go that route. At the beginning of the trailer, the Genesect break out of containers in a lab, so someone is most likely behind them at least; Mewtwo could act on his own accord, considering in the game and after the First Movie he is no longer associated with any group of humans

Blog Entries

Just because a movie has Pokemon from a new upcoming generation, does not mean that the villainous team are slated to make an appearance as well.

The Manaphy movie had the debut of several generation 4 Pokemon before DP was released, yet Team Galactic did not appear in it. Same with the Zoroark movie, it did not have Team Plasma in it.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Why wouldn't the Genesect group be acting on their own? They could easily just be lashing out at a world they don't understand or something. They don't necessarily need to have someone giving them orders to destroy stuff. ... Actually, one of the summaries we got earlier on said they were confused and distressed at finding themselves in the modern world or something, right?

On the other hand, given that the anime's treatment of Plasma was a pretty big departure from how the Teams are usually handled, it's not entirely impossible that XY's Team is involved in this movie somehow... It wouldn't be the first time a Team was featured in a movie, thanks to Butler in the Jirachi movie. It doesn't seem very likely given what we already know, though.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The closest we've had to Next Gen stuff (excluding Pokemon) leaking into the movies was the one Baccer Team in Movie 13 being named after Raimon (Nimbassa) in the original, if I'm remembering correctly.

It'd be cool to see a little cameo of the new evil team, though.

Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar

I'm hoping Newtwo is a 'mostly for a movie' Pokemon - like Keldeo, Victini, etc. are because...I want to give the new guys, Xerneas and Yveltal, a time to shine before Mewtwo comes along and steals the Pokemon 'show', as usual. Mewtwo is cool enough as he is - all Darth Vader meets Frankenstein's monster covered in a vanilla kitty coating - so with Majin Mew there...*shrugs*

Oh, new thought! Mewtwo is savage, according to the games. It is angry and vengeful - anime/games are seperate beasts. So maybe this Majin Mew there is an attempt to give Mewtwo...emotion, conscience? Tame its savage heart, hence the softer look. Like through new game mechanics or new item or however a new forme works, Mewtwo changes into a softer hearted - but equally as strong - new Mewtwo. Just a thought.

As for new villain team showing up...not likely. At best there is a cameo reference to Ghetsis and Giovanni since that appears to be Anime Movie Mewtwo who saves Ash, and we know that Genesect is Plasma's bug-inator. So, here I go making another fan guess which may be wrong like I was in my opinion of Mewtwo's involvement in this new Generation, but here goes anyway: This movie is the final tie up to the rivalry of Plasma/Rocket that began in the anime back two or so years ago when Giovanni first set Jessie and James over there to investigate, and this new Forme or entirely new Mew-clone is only there to even the odds of five Genesect against one Mewtwo. Because fanbiase aside without a Mewtwo with a movepool specifically designed to take on Genesect - which the anime would never do, they rather just make it up as they go with Lightning Armor and moves that can't hurt a Pokemon much being suddenly super effective - Mewtwo would have trouble with back to back to back to back to back attacks from Genesect(s). Strong he is, unbeatable...unlikely. Even a legend like Red can be brought to his knees, my fellow Gen 1-ers.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

End transmission, please.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast