Mewtwo's Role - Page 12

View Poll Results: Do you think the revealed Mewtwo look-alike is a Mewtwo forme or a new Pokémon?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mewtwo forme

39 54.17%
  • A new Pokémon

33 45.83%
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Mewtwo's Role

Default Re: Mewtwo's Role

Quote Originally Posted by mewwho View Post
    I have a theory that I haven't seen yet. I think that this new pokemon is an evolution of Mew. Take a look at the gameplay video and the wide range of moves that it has. Perhaps like Mew (and unlike Mewtwo) it can learn every TM and HM. This is how Mew was meant to be, how it was meant to evolve, as opposed to the hack that is Mewtwo.
    Iunno, we've never seen any legends evolving before... Anything's possible atthis point, though. Also do notice Newmew is using Psycho Cut and Psystrike in the trailer: two moves that Mewtwo learns but Mew doesn't as of today.

edit:
    mpxmmdj.jpg
    It's an alt forme, not a new Poké.
    Last edited by Mami Tomoe; 8th April 2013 at 09:41 AM.
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

Blog Entries

I'm not jumping to any conclusions until it's officially revealed. That could simply be a placeholder or a mistake/named by someone not knowledgeable etc.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

THE Pokemon Master TheMonster6893's Avatar

What if Newtwo is actually both a Mewtwo form and a new Pokemon all in one. Now stay with me here. When i mean both are the same, I mean this is a different version of Mewtwo. Same experiment yet a slightly different outcome. It would be an entirely new entity and not something that Mewtwo would simply transform into. Although maybe that would ultimately make it a Mewthree.... I don't know, I'm just spouting ideas that came to me.
    My Y Team:

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I think that it is a new Pokemon, a Mew clone developed independently from the Mewtwo project by a different team of scientists, with a much different purpose than Mewtwo.

Mewtwo is the worst pokemon that was ever created! I'm sorry its just stupid and takes away the greatness of pokemon. I think that this is a new form of Mewtwo and its even uglier. Its tail is on its head and its toes look like a... Think about it!

Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

Although I would've loved for this thing to be more than just a new Forme of an existing Pokémon and maybe something more interesting and meaningful, it's pretty safe to assume it is in fact a new Forme. Take a look.

Aren't those the same horns that this “new Pokémon” has? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall past images of Mewtwo having horns instead of the usual stubbed ears, even as an error. Even if there were design errors in previous media, that's a little too much of a stretch to call. Way too coincidental. The point is that I'm pretty certain it is currently undergoing a Forme change in that picture.

I hate how the official sites (both English and Japanese) are being extremely ambiguous. "New Pokémon," nonsensically, can be such a cruelly misleading term. A "Pokémon" is a species. A "Forme" is an altered appearance of a species, meaning Forme ≠ Pokémon. Why can't official sites get that through their heads? If they want to be ambiguous, they need to do it in a non-misleading way.
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hoenn For Truvie View Post
    Mewtwo is the worst pokemon that was ever created! I'm sorry its just stupid and takes away the greatness of pokemon. I think that this is a new form of Mewtwo and its even uglier. Its tail is on its head and its toes look like a... Think about it!
    Lol someone obviously never saw Dunsparce.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I am convinced that that thing is the ghost of Ambertwo.

okay, a serious answer: Since this generation is more than likely involving genetics, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a new pokemon, mutated from Mewtwo. I think it won't be able to 'go back' to being a mewtwo, so it won't be just an alternate form.

then again, since GF seems to love the alternate form gimmick so much...
    djulienr likes this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I've kind of become more used to this Pokemon's design, but at this point, I think I'm more indifferent than anything else. Anyway, I'm leading more towards that this is a new Pokemon. Even though they've labeled alternate forms in the past as new Pokemon, I don't think that they've hidden the forms' names before. Plus, saying that it has some connection to Mewtwo makes me think that it's new. If it was a new form, then it wouldn't be connected to Mewtwo. It would be Mewtwo. As for the poster, they could have separate posters for the two Pokemon. Though, that's mainly what I'd prefer to see as well. A second clone of Mew sounds a lot more appealing to me than giving Mewtwo an alternate form when they've gone overboard on making alternate forms in the past few generations. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they're keeping it all in the dark just to reveal that it's a form later, but a new Pokemon does sound possible and better than yet another alternate form.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The new Mewto look-alike: Mewtwo forme or new pokemon altogether?

Why weren't we given the name during the reveal? It was done for Xerneas, Yveltal, the starters and Sylveon. If an immediate name reveal was done for the (relatively) insignificant eeveelution Sylveon, why not for a relative of one of the first legendaries? And if you're going to argue that a new Mewtwo-related Pokémon is too important, what Pokémon could possibly more important than the version mascots--essentially the entire generation's flagships--with whom it was done as well?

Also, if Newtwo is a new forme, the title of the 16th movie wouldn't be entirely centric on Mewtwo, as it is. They'd make it more obvious, to generate more hype. An entirely new Pokémon generates much more hype than a mere forme.

As much as I want Newtwo to be an entirely new Pokémon, I honestly think it's a new forme.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+

Am I the only one who thinks Mewthree is TR's answer to TP's Genesect??

Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post

I hate how the official sites (both English and Japanese) are being extremely ambiguous. "New Pokémon," nonsensically, can be such a cruelly misleading term. A "Pokémon" is a species. A "Forme" is an altered appearance of a species, meaning Forme ≠ Pokémon. Why can't official sites get that through their heads? If they want to be ambiguous, they need to do it in a non-misleading way.

That's merely a publicity stunt. :3 It's meant to sprout curiosity and intrigue in fans everywhere, as well as hype them for the whole thing.
    moa likes this.
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Not likely, given that TR is only involved with Mewtwo in the anime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Not likely, given that TR is only involved with Mewtwo in the anime.
    Exactly, which is why them continuing with the research they started would tie in with the new movie(since that is where this form/pokemon will debut).

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I honestly dont think Team Rocket will be involved with Mewtwo in the games if they werent already. They had no involvement with Mewtwo in the games from the start, I think more likely a new evil team would be involved. Also the movies dont have anything to do with what happens with the games at all pretty much.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast