Mewtwo's Role - Page 11

View Poll Results: Do you think the revealed Mewtwo look-alike is a Mewtwo forme or a new Pokémon?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mewtwo forme

39 54.17%
  • A new Pokémon

33 45.83%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mewtwo's Role

Default Re: The new Mewto look-alike: Mewtwo forme or new pokemon altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Mami Tomoe View Post
    That Wormadam thing is quite a good point. Same goes for Rotom. I believe, furthermore, Rotom's new forms were called "New Pokémon" when the silhouettes were revealed (need confirmation on this one). I'm reaaaaaaaaaaally hoping it's yet another Mew clone and thus a brand, new Pokémon, but everything seems to point at it being an alt form (forme?).
    Forme.
    Apparently Mewtwo and NewMew are interchangeable on the movie posters. It might not be a new form, but a whole new concept new to Pokemon like sequels or Rotation Battles.
    EDIT: Can we please add an "Other" button on the poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Forme.
    Apparently Mewtwo and NewMew are interchangeable on the movie posters. It might not be a new form, but a whole new concept new to Pokemon like sequels or Rotation Battles.
    EDIT: Can we please add an "Other" button on the poll?
    Wonder what this new concept will be. I mean, they've done version exclusives (Deoxys), terrains (Wormy), held items (Giratina), in-battle moves (Meloetta), moves alone (Keldeo), and key items (Kamis, Shaymin, and to an extent Kyurem). Right now, I can't think of anything else, unless it involves a new mechanic, like that bonding thingie that everyone's noticed.

Edit: Assuming it IS a forme and not a whole new thing.

Follow Mordicuno on Tumblr

So...from another thread, someone suggested that the form change (assuming it is a form change) may have something to do with that Berserk Gene from Gen II. I kinda like that idea. What do you guys think?

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I agree that a lot of evidence is pointing to a forme, as opposed to a new Pokemon, however, since I am hoping for this to be a new Pokemon, I'll say the points in why it still has a chance of being a new Pokemon.

- People argue that this Pokemon replaces Mewtwo in the poster, but that is an assumption. What if it were suppose to be two different posters?? The poster was leaked before the Pokemon was announced, therefore nobody knows the real reason yet as to why one has Mewtwo while the other has this new Pokemon.

- Some sites reference this Pokemon as it being related to Mewtwo in some way. If this Pokemon is correctly labelled as being related to Mewtwo, then it would be a New Pokemon. A forme wouldn't be related to Mewtwo, because the new forme would BE Mewtwo

-I agree that it is likely the term 'eclaire forme' is real considering it is mentioned by the same person who leaked the poster, however, that is still only an assumption that he is in fact correct. There aren't any guarantees yet.

Until this Pokemon identity has been realised, my hopes are on a new Pokemon. I still am not fond of the idea of Mewtwo suddenly getting a new forme seventeen years later. However, if it is a new forme, I am sure I'll be accepting towards it. I am glad of its design, I think it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    - People argue that this Pokemon replaces Mewtwo in the poster, but that is an assumption. What if it were suppose to be two different posters?? The poster was leaked before the Pokemon was announced, therefore nobody knows the real reason yet as to why one has Mewtwo while the other has this new Pokemon.
    This wouldn't be the first time a poster has been updated after the initial reveal- the one for Keldeo's movie did that, for example, to exchange normal form Keldeo with Resolution form.

That being said, I'm now imagining there being two movies ala M14, one with Mewtwo and one with Newtwo. ._.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Aye yi yi... To be honest, it could be either one; a new Pokemon, or a new form for Mewtwo. The design looks really cool, as cool as Mewtwo himself! There is no way that the new Pokemon wouldn't be closely related to Mewtwo if it looked that cool.

Also, I think this might be the same deal as with Shaymin's Sky Form, because it looks kinda similar, but not so much as you can totally tell it's a new form. Shaymin Sky Form doesn't exactly look very closely related to Shaymin Land Form, does it?

If it's a new Pokemon, then I'm 99% sure that it's going to be called Mewthree.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

As of now, there's really no telling whether it could be a new Pokemon or a forme. Nintendo's press release on it seems to indicate that it might be a new specie but still closely related to Mew and Mewtwo. However with the way the upcoming movie is, it could also very well be a new forme of Mewtwo. It could go either way.

I however do hope that it is a new specie rather than a forme. A new specie would be a little more tolerable for me, as Mewtwo simply does not need a new forme. However I still cannot say for certain either way, and the most I can do is hope. Really hoping that the next CoroCoro sheds more light on this creature.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

You know what would be an epic plot twist?
    It's an alt Mew forme. We've all been trolled.

They're definitely doing a good job at keeping a lot of things up in the air with all the info they release, we barely know anything about any of the Pokémon they've released so far other than name and appearance.

I'm really hoping NewMew is either Rocket's second clone or Plasma's clone, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was a form (especially since almost every gen V legendary has one or more alternate forms, they've gone form-crazy). Based on the trailer, NewMew could be a clone made to take on the small Genesect army because Mewtwo wasn't enough, maybe

20% Derpier in 10 Seconds Derpy Dash's Avatar

It will most likely be a new form of Mewtwo just because of all of similarities it will be interesting to see though once it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    I'm really hoping NewMew is either Rocket's second clone or Plasma's clone, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was a form (especially since almost every gen V legendary has one or more alternate forms, they've gone form-crazy). Based on the trailer, NewMew could be a clone made to take on the small Genesect army because Mewtwo wasn't enough, maybe
    Since N is gone and they actually developed a 'mewtwo' of their own (Genesect), it's a possible theory as well. Or some shenanigan involving those DNA Splicers.
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

i really like the idea that Mewtwo consciously created NewMew as it's progeny/partner/child/sidekick and it technically is also a Mewtwo but in an alternate forme [like the wormadam forms someone mentioned. same poke, different characteristics.] the "real/awakened" Mewtwo is a Mommy.

As much as would like for this to be a new pokemon, it's fairly obvious that it's a new form. I'm just really hoping that it's a second attempt at cloning Mew, as opposed to something that Mewtwo changes into, since I'm not the biggest fans of forms. I feel that putting that spin on it would actually make it somewhat interesting, to me anyways.

Default Re: Mewtwo's Role

I've seen a lot of hate for this and how "stupid" it looks. Personally, I think it looks awesome. I'm glad they've revisited an old favourite and not simply left it in the dust. Coming from the era of Pokégods [Mewthree, Pikablu, Charcolt, etc], I'm hoping for it to be a new Pokémon [so I can say I got a Mewthree finally!], but an alt-forme won't surprise me and is just as good.

Friend Safari: Psychic
    Grumpig, Espurr, Xatu

Default Re: Mewtwo's Role

I have a theory that I haven't seen yet. I think that this new pokemon is an evolution of Mew. Take a look at the gameplay video and the wide range of moves that it has. Perhaps like Mew (and unlike Mewtwo) it can learn every TM and HM. This is how Mew was meant to be, how it was meant to evolve, as opposed to the hack that is Mewtwo.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast