Mewtwo's Role - Page 10

View Poll Results: Do you think the revealed Mewtwo look-alike is a Mewtwo forme or a new Pokémon?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mewtwo forme

39 54.17%
  • A new Pokémon

33 45.83%
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Mewtwo's Role

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default The new Mewto look-alike: Mewtwo forme or new pokemon altogether?

Since this seems to be the question the most people are divided on regarding the newest reveal, polling what everyone thinks would be neat. Do you think it's a new forme or a new pokemon, and why so? Some arguments for the forme are that it looks just like mewtwo and uses the same moves, while pokémon the official trailer speaks of a new pokemon. What do you think?

Personally I think it's a new forme as it just looks too much like Mewtwo, but who knows!

Tiny Leaf Pokémon Turtwigged Out's Avatar

Default Re: The new Mewto look-alike: Mewtwo forme or new pokemon altogether?

I'm guessing it's a new Pokemon. My theory stems from the idea that Mewtwo is an imperfect copy of Mew. Say scientists decided to try again, this time more successfully and created a more powerful Pokemon based on Mew. This is why it looks similar to Mew/Mewtwo.

It could be Mewthree since that would be expected to look like Mewtwo.

According to Serebii, it's an "Eclaire" forme. He posted that on GameFAQs a while ago.

Either way, it'd be lovely if they attempted to clone Mew again and came up with a new Mewtwo. Conversely, remember new formes are always called "new pokemon" when they're first revealed.

I hope it's a completely new Pokemon because Mewtwo is an impressive, mighty Pokemon that deserves something better than this baby-like thing.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

I don't see why Mewtwo would change into this, so I'm personally hoping for a long-lost second clone or something.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

I'm leaning towards new form/evolution. Let's see:

-They have called new formes new Pokemon before
    -It has the EXACT same color scheme as Mewtwo and some same features such as the ridged chest and the tail
    -The original source stated it is a form
    -It replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster- why would it do that if it's a separate character?
    -They didn't give a name, which is suspicious as hell. If it is indeed a new forme, giving us a name would spoil that it's a forme
    -The movie labels itself as "Mewtwo's Awakening." Why would it be called that if it's going to be a separate Pokemon?
    -Empty hexagons on the movie site that will later be implemented to switch between forms, just like Keldeo
    Last edited by Kojo; 7th April 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would be surprised if it was its own species. I'm sure it's just a new form for Mewtwo. It replaced Mewtwo in the movie poster, and the movie is called "Mewtwo's Awakening," not "Mewthree's Awakening" or whatever it would possibly be named.

It's obvious it's an alternate form, which makes me rage, because I HATE the concept of forms.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Ummmm.... what does "Eclaire" mean anyway? O.o

Anyways, I think it'll be localized to "Clear" in English.

Eclare is french for Lightning. And it's a new Form.

I think people are missing the point of the Forme. It looks more like a baby because it's becoming more like Mew. IE - it's healing from the genetic experimentation done to it by Team Rocket and Fuji.
    Silverwynde likes this.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alternate form, but in the sense that one can't turn into the other. Like Wormadam's different forms - they're classified as the same Pokemon, but they have different types and can't change into each other. This would be classified as Mewtwo, but it would be an entirely new type of Mewtwo. There'd be the original, then this version, which seems like a different cloning attempt.

That Wormadam thing is quite a good point. Same goes for Rotom. I believe, furthermore, Rotom's new forms were called "New Pokémon" when the silhouettes were revealed (need confirmation on this one). I'm reaaaaaaaaaaally hoping it's yet another Mew clone and thus a brand, new Pokémon, but everything seems to point at it being an alt form (forme?).

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I'm thinking new Pokémon for the time being.

Personally, I'm hoping this means Team Rocket's back (woohoo!) and they're thinking "Second time's the charm."

Blog Entries

I wish it was a new pokemon rather than a form of Mewtwo since I don't like this design very much and I believe Mewtwo is fine as it is, but unfortunately it seems more likely to be a new form of Mewtwo.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast