Memory Link Feature - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Memory Link Feature

Blog Entries

Default Re: Memory Link Feature

The Emotion theme is abused in these games to an annoying degree. I thought that Game Freak knew what they were doing when they only used it once in the prequels.
    Joshawott likes this.

I take that you can't access them after you already beaten the game? Oh well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The Emotion theme is abused in these games to an annoying degree. I thought that Game Freak knew what they were doing when they only used it once in the prequels.
    I would have preferred if they used a more suitable soundtrack for each memory (doesn't even need to be a new song), I mean its kind of funny when you here Emotion in Skyla's Memory Link.

@Flare Blitz;
    What do you mean?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    I take that you can't access them after you already beaten the game? Oh well.
    Four events (the ones dealing with Skyla and the Musicals, as well as the two Plasma-related ones) can be unlocked as soon as you reach the relevant areas during the main story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    EDIT: Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Strong Trainers
    On a side note, Memory Link also allows you to battle Cheren and Bianca, who use their B/W teams from your game. Too bad they couldn't expand this to the PC.
    actually uh, about the cheren/bel battles.
    well, more about cheren's. For some uncertain reason, Cheren has the wrong monkey? Not the exact same team. If he has Jalorda, he has Baokkie (and presumably the rest are switched around as well). Either this is a glitch/coding mistake, or... iunno. Bel's is still the correct monkey according to her post-game BW teams, just Cheren's is not. It doesn't seem to clarify why in-game either.

Oh and while I cut it out of the quote, Iris mentions Sinnoh legends in the memory link if I'm not remembering wrong (I'm too lazy to dig up pictures I took), so I think it's hinted she's from Sinnoh? I'd have to go look at the scene again, but I'm really sure she mentioned Sinnoh folk tales and such.
    The Outrage and 투 애니원 like this.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Blog Entries

So its true. I guess Game Freak got kind of confused since they inverted the Monkey elements for Hugh.

Blog Entries

So what is the Skyla/Elesa memory link thing even about? They never even met in BW1.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    So what is the Skyla/Elesa memory link thing even about? They never even met in BW1.
    They did meet... remembered all the Gym Leaders sans the Stration Bro's were at N's Castle... plus They probably new eachother before the game...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    They did meet... remembered all the Gym Leaders sans the Stration Bro's were at N's Castle... plus They probably new eachother before the game...
    Well yeah, but that was a given. A little foreshadowing that they knew each other would have been nice.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

You can battle cheren and bianca with their BW team if you use this feature. Thats what i heard.
    Please call me LT, not XX or whatever. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NyaChan View Post
    Oh and while I cut it out of the quote, Iris mentions Sinnoh legends in the memory link if I'm not remembering wrong (I'm too lazy to dig up pictures I took), so I think it's hinted she's from Sinnoh? I'd have to go look at the scene again, but I'm really sure she mentioned Sinnoh folk tales and such.
    She only references the Sinnoh Folk Tales, it doesn't imply she comes from there.

Besides, Iris implies she is actually from Unova, even if adopted:
    "You've been on a journey and seen a lot of the world. I'm like that, too! I'm from way out in the country. I'm really happy that I've gotten to meet lots of different people and Pokémon!!"
    투 애니원 likes this.

Blog Entries

It's actually really hilarious. The general gist is that Kamitsure wants to change her image for a reason I forgot, and is asking Fuuro for help or whatever. The scene involves some painful puns from Kamitsure as well, which Fuuro kinda seems to, like, cringe at hahaha
    She only references the Sinnoh Folk Tales, it doesn't imply she comes from there.

Besides, Iris implies she is actually from Isshu, even if adopted
    Kays, My memory's a bit fuzzy on exact lines and I'm too lazy to look back at the scenes to reread through it in full a lot of the time :V
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Blog Entries

It's actually really hilarious. The general gist is that Kamitsure wants to change her image for a reason I forgot, and is asking Fuuro for help or whatever. The scene involves some painful puns from Kamitsure as well, which Fuuro kinda seems to, like, cringe at hahaha
    That makes the use of the Emotion theme really inappropriate...I start to wonder if they even thought that through. So they created a memory link to justify why she's the only one who got a wardrobe change? I don't really see why its needed to justify people changing clothes over a two-year period.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Adeku had Iris fight him, and she won.
    There you have it folks; she beat Alder.
    I haven't seen the clip but from reading the post it read that Iris beat Drayden. Is it definitely that she beat Alder?

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I guess that the anime writers will shed light on their version of the story once Iris meets Drayden. But her flashback episode certainly didn't imply that Drayden brought her to Unova, and one would think that Iris wouldn't tease Ash about not being familiar with Unova if she shared that experience.
    I think it'd be quite funny actually, Iris constantly chastising Ash for being "such a kid" for not knowing stuff then revealing later on, maybe from Drayden that when she came she made the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post

Besides, Iris implies she is actually from Unova, even if adopted:
    "You've been on a journey and seen a lot of the world. I'm like that, too! I'm from way out in the country. I'm really happy that I've gotten to meet lots of different people and Pokémon!!"
    Yes but in the Pokemon world region =/= country. She could be from outside Unova but still in the same country.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    I haven't seen the clip but from reading the post it read that Iris beat Drayden. Is it definitely that she beat Alder?
    The Memory Link event pertains to her battle against Alder.

I think it'd be quite funny actually, Iris constantly chastising Ash for being "such a kid" for not knowing stuff then revealing later on, maybe from Drayden that when she came she made the same mistakes.
    It would be interesting, but it seems to me that the anime writers moved the Dragon Village to Unova. Iris received Axew from the village elder, so she hasn't been on a journey for too long. Why, then, is she so familiar with Unova? Most likely because she's always lived there in the anime. In fact, Iris is definitely not a know-it-all considering how little she knows about Pokémon from the Japan-based regions; Ash could make fun of her for that.

Yes but in the Pokemon world region =/= country. She could be from outside Unova but still in the same country.
    Indeed. We know from B2W2 that the Dragon Village is far from Unova, so it is definitely not in Unova itself even if it is part of the same country. "Way out in the country" also implies as much.
    Last edited by Silktree; 2nd August 2012 at 10:54 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast