Memory Link Feature - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Memory Link Feature

Blog Entries

Default Re: Memory Link Feature

The Bulbapedia page stats that the Village of Dragons is in Unova. Unless it is pure conjecture, I wouldn't say that Game Freak borrowed this idea from the anime. Besides, Iris referenced her village in the prequels: "Sometimes I think about the village where I was born, but I'm totally OK! Because I met lots of Pokémon--and all of you!"
    Owain likes this.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The Bulbapedia page stats that the Village of Dragons is in Unova. Unless it is pure conjecture, I wouldn't say that Game Freak borrowed this idea from the anime. Besides, Iris referenced her village in the prequels: "Sometimes I think about the village where I was born, but I'm totally OK! Because I met lots of Pokémon--and all of you!"
    I don't know if it's ever been stated straight-out that it is in Unova though, or just assumed because of having only BW characters and only BW Pokemon there. Watching the episode it's first explained in, it's not stated, at least. It could still be possible for the "Dragon Village" in the games is completely different to the "Dragon Village" in the anime, but at least the name is the same, "竜の里"; plus the word used for 'Village' in it is one not usually used in Pokemon. Indeed, searching Bulbapedia for 里, the only result is the Village of Dragons page.

Blog Entries

I guess that the anime writers will shed light on their version of the story once Iris meets Drayden. But her flashback episode certainly didn't imply that Drayden brought her to Unova, and one would think that Iris wouldn't tease Ash about not being familiar with Unova if she shared that experience.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Respective Bones and Dreams:
    Arty comes to Aloe asking her to explain about bones, which he intends to be his next art motif, but doesn't know much about them because Insect Pokemon don't have bones, and asks her what bones mean to her.
    Aloe says father worked in a mine and was always bringing her back fossils he excavated. They broke her childhood pretenses by wondering what they were like before they died.
    Yarcon arrives and answers that it's amazing that even dead you're worth money.
    Aloe mentions that the earth at Twist Mountain is different to at other places, and so Yarcon decides there that means there's infinite money to be made there in fossils, and that he'll dig up the whole mountain.

And while not part of the Memory Link, a person at the museum says she gave up being a Gym Leader because she's too busy at the museum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Janine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Adeku had Iris fight him, and she won.
    There you have it folks; she beat Alder.
    Sonuvabitch. It bothers me more than it should that my favorite character is always portrayed as an incompetent weakling.

And I still find it hard to believe there's not one that shows Hilda/Hilbert.
    Last edited by Signas; 26th June 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

The trios gathered totally breaks apart the theory of the Striaton Trio being the Shadow Triad.

One year after the events of BW, the Gym Leaders are talking in the trainers' school, still depressed that all of the sages and the Shadow Triad escaped because they were late. Also, because there's three of them, they say they'll never be as strong as the other lone Gym Leaders.
    Then, the Shadow Triad turn up.
    Corn: You... you're the Dark Trinity. But why are you here?
    Dark: ...on a whim.
    Dark: ...for a diversion.
    Dark: ...to waste time.
    They have a 3vs3 battle, to see who wins.
    They get crushed, and realise they couldn't have helped at N's Castle anyway.
    Dent suggests that they'll never get any better as long as they're Gym Leaders. They all agree, saying they were each thinking the same.
    And so, they decide that they'll train such that each of them can be acknowledged as strong on their own merit, and not just as a one of the triplets, and then they'll return to being Gym Leaders.
    Last edited by bluesun; 26th June 2012 at 05:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Oh, wow! We actually get something on this!

As much as I liked the theory of 'Triplets = Triad', I didn't think it was very likely that GF would do that.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

Blog Entries

Game Freak clearly wanted people to consider that theory. Typical.
    Isaac Gravity likes this.

Blog Entries

The Striaton Triplets make it seem so easy to return being gym leaders....they are replaced now. Unless Homika and Shizui have also been gym leaders this whole time as well, with Unova having 10 badges but only requiring 8.

I also like how Clay is just standing there talking about how much money dead Pokemon could make him.

I love that triplets flashback. Slots in nicely with their absence, and gives great character development.
    I'm thinking that that they tried to take on the Triad's mid-60s Absol, Banette and Accelgor with their level 14 Pansage, Pansear and Panpour. :D

Blog Entries

You know what's really funny? Cilan in the anime is portrayed as a powerful connoisseur, while Iris is portrayed as a Dragon Master in-training....who doesn't train. But in the games, we have Iris as Champion and Cilan sulking at how pathetically weak he is :P

Well that nixes the game version, but the manga version suggests otherwise. :D

Well I can hope, right?

Blog Entries

Watch, the manga rewrites it so that the Shadow Triad were actually trying to frame the Striaton Triplets.
    Pocket Ace likes this.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haha, that's my favorite Memory Link!
    They should count their blessings though Cilan doesn't have Crustle though, they would've been destroyed.

Corn: You... you're the Dark Trinity. But why are you here?
    Dark: ...on a whim.
    Dark: ...for a diversion.
    Dark: ...to waste time.

Blog Entries

These random cut-scenes would make more sense if the PC had a Dimensional Scream.

Also...Iris gets changed right in front of Drayden.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 16th July 2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Copyright infringement
    투 애니원 and Bill Cipher like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast