Mega Evolution - Page 4

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mega Venusaur

0 0%
  • Mega Charizard X

0 0%
  • Mega Charizard Y

0 0%
  • Mega Blastoise

0 0%
  • Mega Alakazam

0 0%
  • Mega Gengar

0 0%
  • Mega Kangaskhan

0 0%
  • Mega Pinsir

0 0%
  • Mega Gyarados

0 0%
  • Mega Aerodactyl

0 0%
  • Mega Mewtwo X

0 0%
  • Mega Ampharos

0 0%
  • Mega Scizor

0 0%
  • Mega Heracross

0 0%
  • Mega Houndoom

0 0%
  • Mega Tyranitar

0 0%
  • Mega Blaziken

0 0%
  • Mega Gardevoir

0 0%
  • Mega Mawile

0 0%
  • Mega Aggron

0 0%
  • Mega Medicham

0 0%
  • Mega Manectric

0 0%
  • Mega Banette

0 0%
  • Mega Absol

0 0%
  • Mega Garchomp

0 0%
  • Mega Lucario

1 100.00%
  • Mega Abomasnow

0 0%
Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree1547Likes

Thread: Mega Evolution

M-Blaziken, so much yes Shiny Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Blaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

ASDFG Blaziken, my most favourite Pokémon ever gets a power-up. So freaking cool! I like the concept, although I do agree with people saying some old Pokémon should've gained a normal evolution first. Their designs are amazing, I am only not too keen on the new Ampharos, which just gains hair on its head and its tails, while the others look very different to their original designs.
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

Blog Entries

I am really loving the idea of mega evolutions, since it is apparently reversible. Not to mention that all revealed mega forms, except for Absol's, look really good. Now I am just hoping that all previous starter get mega forms as well and not only Blaziken or in the worst scenario, at least all Hoenn AND Kalos starters should be able to mega evolve.

What bothers me is that I'm guessing we're set with the pokemon getting mega forms not getting evolutions in the future. Design-wise, I definitely like Mawile's the best, because it's the most differentiated.
    This is the only thing that bothers me, too. I guess all new evolutions going forward will be Mega, unless of course every family gets a Mega Evolution in XY, which I wouldn't put it past GF since they're putting tons of work into this game.

I meant it's alternate for Pokemon who already have normal evolutions. So (I guess it's with the Mega Stone), without the stone, Absol and Mawile would not evolve, but with it, they can Mega Evolve.

Without the stone, Flaffy would just become Ampharos, but with the stone, it'd be MegaAmparos. Something like that, I'm thinking.
    So basically what you're suggesting is that the Mega Stone overclocks your Pokemon and temporarily evolves it to the next stage in battle, but if it's at its final stage it exceeds limitations and becomes Mega? That could work, but it would be wonky with split EVOS - for instance, if I Overclock my Eevee what does it become? Mega Eevee or one of the 8 normal Eeveelutions? And which one? Is it random?
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Meh, not sure how I feel about this. I feel like this is another "fancy" way of making new forms for old Pokemon. I'm interested to know exactly how they effect battling. I do enjoy the big changes that they're making with Generation VI. It will force both old and new players to learn and experiment with the new features and offer a new experience for just about everyone.

Blog Entries

Wow, mega-evolution, sound like GF just sneak it off from ultimate evolution of Puzzle and Dragon.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
    I don't really feel that's the case, considering Pokémon that aren't a part of evolution families, like Mawile and Absol, have Mega Evolutions.
    I meant it's alternate for Pokemon who already have normal evolutions. So (I guess it's with the Mega Stone), without the stone, Absol and Mawile would not evolve, but with it, they can Mega Evolve.

Without the stone, Flaffy would just become Ampharos, but with the stone, it'd be MegaAmparos. Something like that, I'm thinking.
    From my understanding, I'm almost certain it works like the Grisious Orb, where an Ampharos holding it in battle slides into the mega evolution. These things aren't set evolutions.

The Blaziken item is the only thing that seems to confound that assumption.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    From my understanding, I'm almost certain it works like the Grisious Orb, where an Ampharos holding it in battle slides into the mega evolution. These things aren't set evolutions.

Well, that's kinda lame if they aren't permanent, but then the question really is, "What up with that Blaziken item?"

Follow Meophist On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post

My current thought is that it requires a hold item and another condition needs to be fulfilled during battle for it to happen. Not sure what the condition would be though.

Blog Entries

Is the name really mega evolution? Some places refers to it as "mega form" and well, if it isn't permanent, the name form works better than evolution.

Follow Meophist On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shushupu View Post
    Is the name really mega evolution? Some places refers to it as "mega form" and well, if it isn't permanent, the name form works better than evolution.
    It's called "Mega Shinka", "shinka" being the term used for "evolution" in Japanese.
    Reila likes this.

Not just old Pokemon never getting new permanent evolutions, like Mawile and Absol, but Generation 6 Pokemon being left out since they're so new has me worried.

I'm of two minds on the matter:

Either Mega Evolutions MUST be game-changing, and I will hate them.... or, they will just be slightly new ways to battle; in which case I will say "why bother?" I don't really have many positives to say.
    Argylegasm and RazorBayleef4 like this.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

I really dislike this, first thing I did when I heard about it was looking for confirmation that this was fake, sadly it wasn't. I just don't get the point to them, I hate their designs and from their abilities they all seem overpowered. From all the new things game freak has introduced so far this is the only one I really hate.
    RazorBayleef4 likes this.

I just hope Game Freak don't go OTT with this. As in, we can't make an entire team of mega-evolutions and breeze through the game with them.

As long as decent limiters are put in place to make sure this doesn't go completely amok, then I'm all for it. Maybe make it so that we only get one Mega Stone per save file? Idk. Just something so this idea doesn't get totally abused.

Having said all that...we don't even fully know the capabilities of these mega evolutions yet, so we need to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I just hope Game Freak don't go OTT with this. As in, we can't make an entire team of mega-evolutions and breeze through the game with them.

As long as decent limiters are put in place to make sure this doesn't go completely amok, then I'm all for it. Maybe make it so that we only get one Mega Stone per save file? Idk. Just something so this idea doesn't get totally abused.

Having said all that...we don't even fully know the capabilities of these mega evolutions yet, so we need to wait and see.
    Depending on stats, not being able to use Hold Items might be enough to balance them for competitive play. I don't doubt that Mega Stones will be rare, either. Probably not limited to 1 per file, but you might only get one and then have to purchase others at the XY Battle Frontier or something.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I'm suspecting access to this will be very limited late in the game, and then open up post game. It's probably related to the plot because it seems obvious they'd incorporate DNA into it (we did see the DNA symbol behind MegaMewtwo in that video). That means it's not something you'll just be able to pick up and breeze through the game with that. There's probably some in game condition you have to meet so you can't just trade over the Mega Rock and attach it to a final stage Butterfree early on and sweep everything.

Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast