Mega Evolution - Page 32

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mega Venusaur

0 0%
  • Mega Charizard X

0 0%
  • Mega Charizard Y

0 0%
  • Mega Blastoise

0 0%
  • Mega Alakazam

0 0%
  • Mega Gengar

0 0%
  • Mega Kangaskhan

0 0%
  • Mega Pinsir

0 0%
  • Mega Gyarados

0 0%
  • Mega Aerodactyl

0 0%
  • Mega Mewtwo X

0 0%
  • Mega Ampharos

0 0%
  • Mega Scizor

0 0%
  • Mega Heracross

0 0%
  • Mega Houndoom

0 0%
  • Mega Tyranitar

0 0%
  • Mega Blaziken

0 0%
  • Mega Gardevoir

0 0%
  • Mega Mawile

0 0%
  • Mega Aggron

0 0%
  • Mega Medicham

0 0%
  • Mega Manectric

0 0%
  • Mega Banette

0 0%
  • Mega Absol

0 0%
  • Mega Garchomp

0 0%
  • Mega Lucario

1 100.00%
  • Mega Abomasnow

0 0%
Page 32 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree1547Likes

Thread: Mega Evolution

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

Inb4 Kyurem gets a Mega Evolution into Original Dragon. :P
    Zeta, Silverwynde and Hidden Mew like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Hmm, so have Black/White Kyurem hold the Originite and have Reshiram/Zekrom in the party and you'll get a temporary Original Dragon Form?

I'd... be on the fence for that one. XD

Blog Entries

I really hope we don't get more than 45 Mega Evolutions. I'd rather have Mega Evolution be a somewhat rare feature rather than an easily accessible one.
    pastabender likes this.
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

team black

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Speaking of this, I think future remakes/sequels will use Mega Evolutions of mascots as a way to keep the older mascots more fresh. In the meantime, I think we will see a few more legendary Mega Evolutions this game, but mainly for lesser and more forgettable ones.

As for Kyurem, the Original Dragon couldn't really work the same way since it would require fusing with both Reshiram and Zekrom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tensho View Post
    They are used to introduce double battle, not that they are viable in double battle. If they are, most team would use them already. The world tournament is double, is it (I might be wrong)? But I agree with you about GF. Anyway, thank you for your thought. Made me realize lot of things.
    I never did say that they are glorious in double battle. By all means they still suck in competitive battles, just that they suck a little less in double battles, which is where they should stay.

That said, I think Mega evolutions dependent on double, triple or rotation battles would be interesting. Would at least maybe get those styles used more often, if not just a little.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Yeah I know, I was just kidding.

But I could definitely see MegaGroudon and MegaKyogre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Speaking of this, I think future remakes/sequels will use Mega Evolutions of mascots as a way to keep the older mascots more fresh. In the meantime, I think we will see a few more legendary Mega Evolutions this game, but mainly for lesser and more forgettable ones.
    If that's the case, then I wouldn't be surprised if Lugia and Ho-oh get their Mega Evolutions now since they already had their remakes and sequels probably aren't in the cards for the Johto region for a long time if ever.

But I could definitely see MegaGroudon and MegaKyogre.
    Mega-weather trio would be pretty sweet. They are probably my favorite legendary trio.
    Which came first: the Mew or the Arceus?

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    If that's the case, then I wouldn't be surprised if Lugia and Ho-oh get their Mega Evolutions now since they already had their remakes and sequels probably aren't in the cards for the Johto region for a long time if ever.
    They can make sequels whenever they feel like, they wouldn't limit themselves by releasing their Mega Evolutions now if they were considering it.
    ArginX and Hidden Mew like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Right, because there's totally not an as-of-yet-unused region of Japan in between the real-world equivalents of Jouto and Houen, is there. Definitely not in the cards, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    I really hope we don't get more than 45 Mega Evolutions. I'd rather have Mega Evolution be a somewhat rare feature rather than an easily accessible one.
    Here's my analysis:

All 18 starters
    Mewtwo
    Lucario
    Absol
    Ampharos
    Mawile
    Kangaskhan

I believe that's all of them as of right now and that number is 24 (including the speculation of all starters getting them. That may not happen Not counting that speculation of all starters, the total would be 7). Even after the total at release, they can release more over time as DLC. I'd guess that we may have 30 or so by release and then maybe a 40-50 total in 2014 because of DLC.

Depending on if they decide to give Mega forms to other legendaries besides Mewtwo, the number could change.

I really hope all starters get Mega forms
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 11th August 2013 at 06:54 AM.
    Reila likes this.

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

I really hope Arceus will get a Mega Evolution. Men, BST of 720 is just too low for an Alpha Pokemon that is said to surpass all Pokemon. If one have to argue with me with anime/movie canon, where Arceus don't look so strong because he was like dying by just crashing with a meteor, then that is a much greater reason to make him look stronger!
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Follow Meophist On Twitter

Mega Evolution reminds me a bit of the old Poké Cup rules in the Stadium games, where you can have three Pokémon of levels 50-55 with the combined total needing to be no more than 155. One way you can have the level distribution is 50/50/55, which makes the level 55 one kinda a bit more important than the others. I kinda liked the idea because it reminded me of the Gym battles where the leader will usually have one Pokémon that was more powerful than the others. That Pokémon I'd consider to be that Gym Leader's signature Pokémon.
    Quote Originally Posted by クリスタル View Post
    I really hope Arceus will get a Mega Evolution. Men, BST of 720 is just too low for an Alpha Pokemon that is said to surpass all Pokemon.
    It's said to surpass all Pokémon?

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

If Mawile is getting a Mega then I feel fairly confident so will Sableye. Nothing is certain, of course, but it's just what I think is likely. Dunsparce is another that I think will be given the treatment. I would prefer regular evolutions for them, but if this is the only way they are going to be "added" or "improved" upon, I'm willing to take it. Fairy/Dragon Dunsparce Mega pls!

Also Kangaskhan was a Pokemon I think very few people (if that) actually expected to get a Mega, so I'm sure there will be more surprises to come.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

I think Kangaskhan should now get a prevo, and that this prevo should get a branch evo (that would house both genders). Kangaskhan holding Khanite can breed the new baby. This wouldn't really change anything, as Kangaskhan would still be fully evolved, while now the joey is being acknowledged as a potential battle element (and, realler, a battler). The new branch evo could also hold the Khanite and use its trigger. (This Kangaskhan mega evolution form seems quite powerful by the way, given how we know the current ability to read. Parental Bonding has to multiply the power of all of Kangaskhan's attacks in some degree, depending on the power of the first and second hit-- for it'd also make sense if the first hit was similarly boosted beside the attack of Joey.) I'd propose for an alternate parallel Kangaskhan's mega form a Normal/Fighting Scrappy pokemon with increased Attack and Speed.

Or, alternatively, Kangaskhan could get two prevos, a joey and a young adult, the latter only capable of evolving into Kangaskhan if it is female. Or we could finally get male Kangaskhan. (I forgot the logic that helped me reach the conclusion that this would be smart.)

It'd also be great if (all?) Kangaskhan in the wild were found holding Khanite, or if the prevo(s) were found in the wild also.

~

At any rate, there are many pokemon I'd like to see get mega evolution forms, particularly some of those who are weaker due to Gen 1's strange BST curve. (This doesn't include pokemon who are seemingly deliberately weak, like Farfetch'd--although yes, give Farfetch'd a mega evo form [Grass/Flying, a weaker type combination of some logic, say I, making Farfetch'd in at least one area more farfetch'd].) I don't what it means when Serebii sums up the CoroCoro reveals as saying "It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions" as we might have already guessed that statement of weak language given that this event Torchic is holding the Blazikenite. Perhaps they're saying that not all FE pokemon (a subset of "all pokemon") will have a mega evolution form. But perhaps CoroCoro was being cryptic on the matter, and all or many FE Pokemon will receive a Mega evolution.

I might only point out that we don't know how mega evolution works, and whether or not it works the same way in all cases. So no one should be surprised that pokemon that are both well known and popular enough among battlers like Lucario get mega evolution forms. All we know is that, at least at the beginning (this item may possibly be consumed upon use), Blaziken must hold an item in place of another. This is not necessarily a nerf, as the Blazikenite could multiply Blaziken's attack by 2 for all we know. But I think Blaziken's mega evo trigger may be related to its health meter, made "iken" to Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by vivian20 View Post
    I have a theory about mega evolutions: pokemon are born with 2 packets of energy( at max) wich they use in order to evolve. When a pokemon reach its third stage, the packets turns without energy. Mega stones can fill them a little, offering energy enough for them change for a while, but not enought to actually evolve. So, they become only mega forms of themselves for a while, not a different pokemon. Maybe baby kanghaskan evolves to kanghaskan by an undiscovered item, wich would give it energy enough to evolve, but magastone is not the right item, so it stops evolving while its midway of baby form and kanghaskan form. Look at it, it looks more like kanghaskan now, but its not exactly like it yet. Blaziken is a third stage pokemon, so it alread consumed all its energy. Mega stones doesnt give it energy enough to evolve a fourth time.
    Maybe instead of this packet being partially refilled, maybe the stone sends energy along the recorded route of already-infused energy. I think theory is more productively applied to the question of why we can only have one mega evo on a team. (Mega stones could be incredibly energetic objects that are dangerously paired together. Or the event of mega evolution could be dangerously radioactive [if not all mega evolutions are tied to mega stones].)
    Last edited by League; 11th August 2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.