Mega Evolution - Page 115

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mega Venusaur

0 0%
  • Mega Charizard X

0 0%
  • Mega Charizard Y

0 0%
  • Mega Blastoise

0 0%
  • Mega Alakazam

0 0%
  • Mega Gengar

0 0%
  • Mega Kangaskhan

0 0%
  • Mega Pinsir

0 0%
  • Mega Gyarados

0 0%
  • Mega Aerodactyl

0 0%
  • Mega Mewtwo X

0 0%
  • Mega Ampharos

0 0%
  • Mega Scizor

0 0%
  • Mega Heracross

0 0%
  • Mega Houndoom

0 0%
  • Mega Tyranitar

0 0%
  • Mega Blaziken

0 0%
  • Mega Gardevoir

0 0%
  • Mega Mawile

0 0%
  • Mega Aggron

0 0%
  • Mega Medicham

0 0%
  • Mega Manectric

0 0%
  • Mega Banette

0 0%
  • Mega Absol

0 0%
  • Mega Garchomp

0 0%
  • Mega Lucario

1 100.00%
  • Mega Abomasnow

0 0%
Page 115 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2202
Like Tree1547Likes

Thread: Mega Evolution

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

Default Re: Mega Evolution

I don't like Megas much. They're just too gimmicky. There's so many more things they could have done for the game (like balancing the type chart) that doesn't take as much work. Getting megas so early in the game makes it a little too easy, too. They're just no good.
    The_Doctor, yousuf89 and P0KEM0N like this.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

I am still annoyed that there is no Mega from Unova. Not even Zoroark.

learn it live it love it venusboi79's Avatar

Other than my battle with Korrina, I haven't done any Mega evos, mainly because I'm playing with a Kalos-only party currently. Once I finish off the E4/Champion, I'll add a couple to my party.

Default Re: Will Mega Stones Be consumed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Why would they release an event-only item if it later turned out to be consumed when you used it? That would kind of defeat the entire purpose of that distribution, and any future Mega Stone distribution as well.

Edit: I really, really doubt it. It would be like TMs back in the day all over again - i.e. nobody would use them.
    I'm guessing the probability that you actually played most of the old games is really low with such a statement. People did use Tms...they only changed it very recently. Yea if they changed TM's back now people would throw a fit, mostly the younger fans but still.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSpit View Post
    Why would they release an event-only item if it later turned out to be consumed when you used it? That would kind of defeat the entire purpose of that distribution, and any future Mega Stone distribution as well.

Edit: I really, really doubt it. It would be like TMs back in the day all over again - i.e. nobody would use them.
    I'm guessing the probability that you actually played most of the old games is really low with such a statement. People did use Tms...they only changed it very recently. Yea if they changed TM's back now people would throw a fit, mostly the younger fans but still.
    It was meant as a general statement - of course people used TMs. The thing with TMs back in the day though was that people were reluctant to use them and/or just very careful about using them just because they were consumable. I myself was very reluctant to use TMs unless I had multiple of them, and if I didn't have multiple copies of that certain TM I really wanted to use, I either didn't use it at all or only used it if I was very, very sure about what I was doing. Because, if I were to use a TM on a Pokemon to later regret it, it would've felt like I had wasted it.

My point was, if Mega Stones were consumable, especially those that are distributed through wi-fi only, people would be discouraged to use them.

Also, I've played Pokemon since Red and Blue, thank you very much.
    The_Doctor and Robo-Floatzel like this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Follow PokémonJesus On Twitter

I love most of the Megas but some just look too weird and odd :\
    Mostly Mega Ampharos O_O
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Ash and his buddies have been entertaining me since 1998
    ALRIGHTY! Until next time...PEACE!

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSpit View Post

It was meant as a general statement - of course people used TMs. The thing with TMs back in the day though was that people were reluctant to use them and/or just very careful about using them just because they were consumable. I myself was very reluctant to use TMs unless I had multiple of them, and if I didn't have multiple copies of that certain TM I really wanted to use, I either didn't use it at all or only used it if I was very, very sure about what I was doing. Because, if I were to use a TM on a Pokemon to later regret it, it would've felt like I had wasted it.

My point was, if Mega Stones were consumable, especially those that are distributed through wi-fi only, people would be discouraged to use them.

Also, I've played Pokemon since Red and Blue, thank you very much.
    I agree. If Mega stones were consumable, I would only use them in wifi battles or the battle maison, places where items aren't consumed once you've used them. I was also reluctant on using TMs in the past. I only used a couple and the ones I really ever used were the ones I could have multiples of. I used my Master Ball this generation on Mewtwo only because I knew I have a most likely chance of not being able to transfer it to the next generation. I had around 4-5 master balls on Black 2 that I never used, mainly because I'm a slight Pokemon item hoarder.

Blog Entries

i agree on not using rare consumable items in game, though i did use TMs (mostly once i got a team together and knew what it wanted) but items like power herb and the such i only use in battle facilities where they are "infinite". so if mega stones had been consumable, that would've ruined it for me and probably would never use them, which would kinda defeat the concept of introducing a new mechanic (for me at least).

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Calling it now: Mega-evolable Generation 5 Pokémon in the third version/sequels
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kutomba View Post
    I don't like Megas much. They're just too gimmicky. There's so many more things they could have done for the game (like balancing the type chart) that doesn't take as much work. Getting megas so early in the game makes it a little too easy, too. They're just no good.
    I agree, Mega Evolution is pointless, they're just making the original pokemon just stupid
    This is why I'm not buying Pokemon X and Y or any upcoming games anymore because of the Mega Evolution

Megas were a smart move, a way to honor the Pokemon of old by giving them a spot in the new games while also boosting their power. if you don't like a mega, simply don't use it. Game Freak tries, but any move they make just gets more people to complain :/
    Check out my group: Talk to me!

personally i think they should give up on mega evolution entirely. in other words IT SHOULD BE IN AN MORE FUTURE GAMES. megas seemed to be a interesting idea but they failed on the execution. they are no more then gimmicky fanserves for popular and well know pokemon. that is the reason why no 5th gen got one. and honestly there is a very small chance of releasing more mega pokemon and if they do it only going to be for popular pokemon. megas don't serve any actual enrichment of the meta game at all. most megas are worst then the original form. the megas that are useful and make the pokemon better are the minority. the chance are these are all the mega evos and if more come it will be popularity first anything else last. if the can't be done right what is the point to even have them? ether fix next game or abandon it all to together

Quote Originally Posted by king of beast View Post
    personally i think they should give up on mega evolution entirely. in other words IT SHOULD BE IN AN MORE FUTURE GAMES. megas seemed to be a interesting idea but they failed on the execution. they are no more then gimmicky fanserves for popular and well know pokemon. that is the reason why no 5th gen got one. and honestly there is a very small chance of releasing more mega pokemon and if they do it only going to be for popular pokemon. megas don't serve any actual enrichment of the meta game at all. most megas are worst then the original form. the megas that are useful and make the pokemon better are the minority. the chance are these are all the mega evos and if more come it will be popularity first anything else last. if the can't be done right what is the point to even have them? ether fix next game or abandon it all to together
    If they don't release new Megas, then people who like them will be upset that only those few Pokemon will ever be able to use them.

I'm sure if Game Freak continues with this, more unpopular Pokemon will get Megas. After all, Mawile, Banette, Manectric, Aggron, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, and Ampharos aren't super popular or powerful and they got Megas. Some not as useful popular but more useful Pokemon like Heracross got Megas.

I agree competitive wise some Pokemon are better off with their original forms with their better ability and using Life Orb or one of the Choice items. Alakazam is one that comes to mind. Mega Garchomp is slower than regular Garchomp.

The thing that did irk me was that Charizard got two megas and the other Kanto starters only got one. That just screamed fan pandering.
    Don't get me wrong, I like using both MegaZards, they're fun, but I wish Blast and 'Saur got two as well. Very unfair to people who like them better than Zard.
    If a Z version comes out, I'm hoping Blastoise and Venusaur get a Mega Z version and Charizard doesn't get another Mega. That way they all have two.
    I don't see what else they can do with another Mega Charizard anyways. An attack based Fire/Flying? A special based Fire/Dragon? Woop dee do.
    Charles Dunois likes this.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

Blog Entries

So apparently Anistar sundial lights up and does some weird thing between 8 - 9....I thought it just gave you the power to find Mega Stones.

I'm wondering why they even call it a sundial

sundial.jpeg

What?
    Juvarra and Shiny Shinx like this.
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!