Medals in X and Y? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Medals in X and Y?

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Medals in X and Y?

The Medal Rally is fun, I don't see why it shouldn't be in the next game. I'd love if they added more medals, and if medals were a little more important, like the trophies and achievments from PS3 and 360. I don't know if the 3DS has anything similar however. At least we could get in-game prizes for winning certain medals, like vitamins, rare candies, held items or Full Restores, just to feel that we're actually winning something. Maybe even a Master Ball if we get 'em all.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

The medals are really a sad story; so much untapped potential. I do hope they come back, but only if they make a few improvements. For a start, they need to make the medals harder to get. I mean, I had 50 medals by Driftveil, and I wasn't even trying. I swear, they'd give you a medal for wiping your arse if they could. And they need to actually make the medal rally worth participating in, actually reward you with something good, not just some shitty item. It's just like the diploma thing with the Pokédex all over again.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    The medals are really a sad story; so much untapped potential. I do hope they come back, but only if they make a few improvements. For a start, they need to make the medals harder to get. I mean, I had 50 medals by Driftveil, and I wasn't even trying. I swear, they'd give you a medal for wiping your arse if they could. And they need to actually make the medal rally worth participating in, actually reward you with something good, not just some shitty item. It's just like the diploma thing with the Pokédex all over again.
    Really? I only have around 39 and I beat the league a long time ago. I'm not trying either. I find them rather challenging to earn. Mostly. Also, there are some VERY difficult medals to earn.

I can see why people enjoyed the medal system, however I was kind of "meh" about it throughout the game. "Oh look, that guy's there, I must've done something" was pretty much my reaction; I just couldn't get into it. I don't really mind if it's there again in Generation VI, but I wouldn't miss it if it weren't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123