Medals in X and Y? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Medals in X and Y?

Default Re: Medals in X and Y?

They definitely added something new to the experience but I felt such a lack of completeness whenever I'd see how much I was lacking in medals, haha. It wouldn't move me if they didn't come back, but I get how they could be a kind of incentive for somebody else.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. Mewtwo

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

@Isamu Akai;: Hey, you never know what GameFreak will do now. Nobody expected true sequels either, yet we got B2W2.

Blog Entries

We already had true sequels before. GSC were direct sequels to RBY. But I see the point you're making. Even then I still don't expect much of a return.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I think medals were an alright concept. I like the idea of collecting them but I don't go all out to get as many as I can. It's usually just if the medal guy is the there , I'll talk to him to see what medal he might give me. But I haven't really spent alot of time getting a specific medal , I just get what medals come to me. But alot of them seem kind of useless for tribal things like saving the game a number of times or watching tv a number of times. I wouldn't mind medals or some kind of achievement system in these games, but maybe if there weren't so many medals for making minimal achievements (like saving the game 10 times isn't really special why do we need a medal for that? Neither is evolving a Pokemon or walking 1,000 steps or getting a medal for every tribal thing.) But a medal or achievement system would be something neat to have just for the sake of showing off like beating the Pokemon league with only Fire-types.

Blog Entries

No medals in X&Y please.

No idea why they were introduced in the first place.

I have a question - how does that guy know how many bins I've looked in? I don't want it to be common knowledge that I rummage through bins.

I may be making a joke but it aids my serious point - It's a feature that constantly reminds you that you're playing a video game - let me immerse myself in the world of Pokemon and leave the achievement to things relevant to Pokemon (Pokedex, the League, Pokeathlon, PWT etc). I could not care less how many steps I've taken. By the time I get to victory road I'm aware that it will have been a lot.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

More of them is a great thing personally. It gives you a sense of accomplishment, and finally has an in game ranking system bar the trainer stars, which are absent this gen bar the trainer card changing colors. Its also a nice way to give you more incentive to do stuff, like completing the dex which is a huge part of the game was always something that had no reward bar the diploma but with the medals it gave it new life with the type medals and the habitat list medal, and its fun to have them as an optional pin on your trainer card. I just don't understand why they have no love going by this thread, because its honestly the freshest breath of life the series has had in ages. Sure achievements are nothing special in video games, but Pokemon is one of those series that fits with them in its own little odd way.
    Kelleo likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    More of them is a great thing personally. It gives you a sense of accomplishment, and finally has an in game ranking system bar the trainer stars, which are absent this gen bar the trainer card changing colors. Its also a nice way to give you more incentive to do stuff, like completing the dex which is a huge part of the game was always something that had no reward bar the diploma but with the medals it gave it new life with the type medals and the habitat list medal, and its fun to have them as an optional pin on your trainer card. I just don't understand why they have no love going by this thread, because its honestly the freshest breath of life the series has had in ages. Sure achievements are nothing special in video games, but Pokemon is one of those series that fits with them in its own little odd way.
    ''it's honestly the freshest breath of life the series has had in ages.'' is a completely subjective point. For me, it didn't breathe any life into my game - but it's fair enough if it did for you and others, just by no means objective. The medals for Pokedex achievements were surely overshadowed by the fact that in BW2 there was serious reward for its completion. Finally.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    We already had true sequels before. GSC were direct sequels to RBY. But I see the point you're making. Even then I still don't expect much of a return.
    I obviously meant sequels within the same generation. GSC is gen 2 while RBY is gen 1. BW and B2W2 are all gen 5. Everybody expected Pokemon Gray instead.

@Chespin;: THANK YOU. Well said, my friend.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I see medals as being nothing more than a one time gimmick. Couldn't care less if they're gone. A medal for completing the pokedex shouldn't be incentive to complete the pokedex, a completed pokedex should be incentive to complete the pokedex.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    Hey :) If you are completely against the idea of anyone suggesting anything other than medals being great and being a 'must-have' in future games I suggest you maybe delete the thread or contact a mod to delete it...? Otherwise it's not gonna go anywhere.
    Uh, excuse me, but what are you talking about? I never said or implied anything of the sort. I like a lot more about B2W2 than just the medals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Hey :) If you are completely against the idea of anyone suggesting anything other than medals being great and being a 'must-have' in future games I suggest you maybe delete the thread or contact a mod to delete it...? Otherwise it's not gonna go anywhere.
    Uh, excuse me, but what are you talking about? I never said or implied anything of the sort. I like a lot more about B2W2 than just the medals.
    I must have misinterpreted the tone in a couple of your responses to people who stated that they aren't in favour of the medal rally, that's all. Much like how you've clearly misinterpreted what I just said...because I said nothing whatsoever about the medal rally being the only thing you like about BW2.

Anyway, enjoy your thread.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I must have misinterpreted the tone in a couple of your responses to people who stated that they aren't in favour of the medal rally, that's all. Much like how you've clearly misinterpreted what I just said...because I said nothing whatsoever about the medal rally being the only thing you like about BW2.

Anyway, enjoy your thread.
    I apologize, I felt that you were being rude.

Blog Entries

Give them better integration and they have my blessing.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Okay, so I've decided that the other 47+ medals that would be added to the list of new medals to include in X and Y would be related to new features in the games that we don't know of yet. Also the skating we saw in the trailer. I'm not getting my hopes up real high of seeing Super Contests, the Underground, and the Safari Zone return, but I'd love to see them back anyway along with the medals. :3

I wouldn't mind it. But to be honest I'm not a fan of the medals, but I'm not against it. So really... I don't care if they do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast