Make your own Signature Move! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55

Thread: Make your own Signature Move!

  1. #31

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by White Yoshi View Post
    Sketch 2.0
    Exclusive Pokemon: Smeargle
    Same statistics as Sketch.
    When used, Smeargle copies the opponents Ability.
    You mean like a permanent version of Role Play? (HAX!)
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

    Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

    avatar

  2. #32
    ネコになりたい Bironicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pyroland
    Posts
    174
    Follow Bironicus On Twitter
    Visit Bironicus's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bironicus View Post
    Move Name: Phoenix Fire
    Move Exclusive to: Moltres and Ho-oh
    Move Type: Fire
    Power: 120
    Accuracy: 100
    PP: 8/8
    Effect: The user charges itself with power from the sunlight. In the same turn, it expels a huge beam of fire at one target Pokemon.
    Don't you mean 5PP? What you describe is already basically an accuracy-boosted Fire Blast....
    Good point.
    If I change the accuracy to 85 it should make it a bit more balanced.

    Move Name: Phoenix Fire
    Move Exclusive to: Moltres and Ho-oh
    Move Type: Fire
    Power: 120
    Accuracy: 85
    PP: 8/8
    Effect: The user charges itself with power from the sunlight. In the same turn, it expels a huge beam of fire at one target Pokemon.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Stealth Shot
    Exclusive to Kecleon

    Normal type
    PP of 10
    100 damage
    The user conceals itself before the turn begins and is unable to be hit until it attacks. Must be used on the first turn after being sent into battle (like Fake Out). High chance to land a critical hit.

    It's like a slow Fake Out, basically. But more powerful since it's only given to one relatively weak pokemon. And it lends itself nicely to a set with Focus Punch for prediction games.

  4. #34

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bironicus View Post
    Good point.
    If I change the accuracy to 85 it should make it a bit more balanced.

    Move Name: Phoenix Fire
    Move Exclusive to: Moltres and Ho-oh
    Move Type: Fire
    Power: 120
    Accuracy: 85
    PP: 8/8
    Effect: The user charges itself with power from the sunlight. In the same turn, it expels a huge beam of fire at one target Pokemon.
    Now it looks like Fire Blast with a free PP Max....

    (To be fair, a number of signature moves follow patterns established by other move types. E.g. Roar of Time)
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

    Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

    avatar

  5. #35
    Registered User henrymidfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A Starbucks/Gloria Jeans in Sydney
    Posts
    468
    Blog Entries
    52

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by White Yoshi View Post
    Big Flop
    Exclusive Pokemon: Magikarp
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---%
    PP: 5
    Effect: Instantly knocks out the opponent. Must use Splash 3 times first for it to succeed.
    Ah, so now the puny fish has a Deux Ex Machina move, eh? Well it's gotta endure my Thunderbolt attack first! >:D

  6. #36
    Racing and Pokemon fan. White Yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    126
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by White Yoshi View Post
    Sketch 2.0
    Exclusive Pokemon: Smeargle
    Same statistics as Sketch.
    When used, Smeargle copies the opponents Ability.
    You mean like a permanent version of Role Play? (HAX!)
    Yes I do. Making Smeargle more Customizable.
    Audi R18 e-tron quattro
    Winner of the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans

  7. #37

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by White Yoshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by White Yoshi View Post
    Sketch 2.0
    Exclusive Pokemon: Smeargle
    Same statistics as Sketch.
    When used, Smeargle copies the opponents Ability.
    You mean like a permanent version of Role Play? (HAX!)
    Yes I do. Making Smeargle more Customizable.
    Then of course it can only work Abilities you can typically Skill Swap / Role Play (e.g. no Wonder Guard Smeargles).
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

    Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

    avatar

  8. #38

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Soul Steal
    80 Base Power
    100% Accuracy
    10 PP
    Deals damage to the opponent, then recovers 50% of the damage done (essentially a slightly stronger Ghost-type Giga Drain)
    Learned by the Litwick line.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantodea View Post
    Soul Steal
    80 Base Power
    100% Accuracy
    10 PP
    Deals damage to the opponent, then recovers 50% of the damage done (essentially a slightly stronger Ghost-type Giga Drain)
    Learned by the Litwick line.
    Or alternately, 75 base power but 75% recovery, kind of like Draining Kiss?
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

    Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

    avatar

  10. #40

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantodea View Post
    Soul Steal
    80 Base Power
    100% Accuracy
    10 PP
    Deals damage to the opponent, then recovers 50% of the damage done (essentially a slightly stronger Ghost-type Giga Drain)
    Learned by the Litwick line.
    Or alternately, 75 base power but 75% recovery, kind of like Draining Kiss?
    Or alternatively alternatively, have it start at a low base power but increase as the opponent is weakened, since they are said to feed on dying spirits. Keep the drain life part too

  11. #41
    Eon Duo Lover! PenguinPaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Wow! This is awesome! I've been away for a week and it's good to see this thread still alive. Here's a new one.

    Darkened Fist
    Pokemon: Golurk line
    PP: 5
    Acc: 80
    Pokemon type: Dark
    Move type: Physical
    Power: 100
    Effect: The user cloaks it's fist in a darkened void. The move then hits the opponent. If it misses, about 1/4 of the damage is done to the user.
    It's basically a punching version of HiJumpKick. It would also be boosted by Iron Fist.

  12. #42

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinPaladin View Post
    Wow! This is awesome! I've been away for a week and it's good to see this thread still alive. Here's a new one.

    Darkened Fist
    Pokemon: Golurk line
    PP: 5
    Acc: 80
    Pokemon type: Dark
    Move type: Physical
    Power: 100
    Effect: The user cloaks it's fist in a darkened void. The move then hits the opponent. If it misses, about 1/4 of the damage is done to the user.
    It's basically a punching version of HiJumpKick. It would also be boosted by Iron Fist.
    Shouldn't it be Ghost type if it's exclusive to Golurk?

  13. #43
    Eon Duo Lover! PenguinPaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantodea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinPaladin View Post
    Wow! This is awesome! I've been away for a week and it's good to see this thread still alive. Here's a new one.

    Darkened Fist
    Pokemon: Golurk line
    PP: 5
    Acc: 80
    Pokemon type: Dark
    Move type: Physical
    Power: 100
    Effect: The user cloaks it's fist in a darkened void. The move then hits the opponent. If it misses, about 1/4 of the damage is done to the user.
    It's basically a punching version of HiJumpKick. It would also be boosted by Iron Fist.
    Shouldn't it be Ghost type if it's exclusive to Golurk?
    Nah, because Golurk needs a Dark type move more than a ghost type.

  14. #44

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinPaladin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantodea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinPaladin View Post
    Wow! This is awesome! I've been away for a week and it's good to see this thread still alive. Here's a new one.

    Darkened Fist
    Pokemon: Golurk line
    PP: 5
    Acc: 80
    Pokemon type: Dark
    Move type: Physical
    Power: 100
    Effect: The user cloaks it's fist in a darkened void. The move then hits the opponent. If it misses, about 1/4 of the damage is done to the user.
    It's basically a punching version of HiJumpKick. It would also be boosted by Iron Fist.
    Shouldn't it be Ghost type if it's exclusive to Golurk?
    Nah, because Golurk needs a Dark type move more than a ghost type.
    No, it doesn't, having a Ghost and Dark type move in the same moveset is redudant since they both hit Ghost and Psychic for SE damage, and last Golurk wouldn't recieve STAB so Shadow Punch would be better.
    Last edited by Norzan; 29th July 2014 at 09:38 PM.

    Claimer of Garchomp, Steam Eruption, Golbez (Final Fantasy IV) and Sabin (Final Fantasy VI)

    3DS 4682-9334-0694

  15. #45
    On hold, not abandoned Miar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Planet Miar
    Posts
    1,663
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Make your own Signature Move!

    Four-armed Fury
    Physical/Fighting-type (Machamp exclusive)
    PP: 10
    Power (before STAB): 18, could be 20
    Acc: 90
    Flavor text: Unleashes a rapid flurry of punches and chops 1-4 times in succession with high critical hit rate.

    Like Triple Kick, each hit is determined by separate accuracy checks for Guts-champs. Combo with No Guard and Razor Claw for a perfect accuracy 162-power attack.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •