Lumiose City - Creepy Social Commentary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Lumiose City - Creepy Social Commentary

Default Lumiose City - Creepy Social Commentary

The entirety of Lumiose City disturbs me. People remain still and dormant on the street, their statements frozen in time, like Mannequins. Ironically, the few live NPC's are employee's.. Some barely acknowledge you unless you appease their standard, or are relevant. Meanwhile, misfits and children migrate to alleyways, as if it's the only place they're treated with acceptance. It's a creepypasta waiting to happen.

I don't necessarily believe it was intentional, and there are NPC's that conflict with it, not to mention the pre-credit Ceremony.
    I just gravitated toward it because ultimately it's fun to seek out something twisted, even if it isn't there.. Especially with Halloween on the way!

So, any spooky theories on Lumiose City, and it's hypothetical situation?
    Espurr? The children? Creepy ghost of the 2nd Floor?
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lumiose City - Creepy social-commentary

Oh, NPCs staying still in the same place, something never seen...

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

I'm not trying to prove a point, here. Just thought it'd be fun to speculate, for the hell of it.

The only thing creepy about Lumiose city are the people saying their game freezes after they saved there. If anything inside the game has been creepy for me, it were thos Hex maniacs. Those girls are crazy.
    Javier952 and Robo-Floatzel like this.

Blog Entries

What disturbs me more is them saying there's Lava Dome Pokemon in Juan plaza and I can't find a Heatran anywhere in motherfucking Juan Plaza.

Blog Entries

That one hex maniac chick on the 2nd floor of the what's it called shared me shitless. The rest of the place isn't so bad, aside from being a nightmare to navigate. Feels more 'alive' than the vast majority of Pokemon cities to be honest.
    Splash and BigBadBatter like this.

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lysandre View Post
    That one hex maniac chick on the 2nd floor of the what's it called shared me shitless. The rest of the place isn't so bad, aside from being a nightmare to navigate. Feels more 'alive' than the vast majority of Pokemon cities to be honest.
    Is that supposed to be an important event? Or just to scare people? Cuz as much as I love that creepy stuff in games, if it doesn't lea to something, what's the point?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadButterfree View Post
    Is that supposed to be an important event? Or just to scare people? Cuz as much as I love that creepy stuff in games, if it doesn't lea to something, what's the point?
    We don't know what that was supposed to be yet... since 3DS games aren't "cracked" yet, for once we have the game in the west without having knowledge of every secret planned event in the future, or even all the legendaries in the game. If I had to guess she probably triggers an event if you encounter her with some sort of future event ghost Pokemon, but everything about the game's secrets are just speculation at this point.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halayuuko View Post
    I'm not trying to prove a point, here. Just thought it'd be fun to speculate, for the hell of it.
    OK, but there's no way static NPCs are creepypasta fuel.

About the kids in the alleyways, it's stuff that just happens, in every big city in the real world. And that's not creepy, that's just sad. Creepy was the Xerosic experiment on Emma. Aaaand the ghost girl too.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

There was a guy telling a lady that his Dedenne wants to shock her Emolga......smooth man

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Something weird is the alleyways, some of them are dead ends with nothing in them, while others have people who ask random yes/no questions, and if you answer yes, they will battle you for no reason, and after the battle they completely vanish, not to mention they are rather... "off" compared to most trainers, like there's something wrong with them, and this is coming from a franchise where people put superpowered animals in tiny balls.

And of course, we have that save glitch, which only adds to how awkward Lumiose actually is. Compared to Castelia over in Unova, Lumiose does seem rather out of place with the rest of the franchises cities in towns, and it's filled with all this creepy stuff. Also something interesting about Lumiose is that it has an Eiffel Tower knockoff while Castelia has no Statue of Liberty knockoff (and no, the Liberty Garden doesn't count since it's just a lighthouse, something you see everywhere in real life).
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 25th October 2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

As someone who lives in a weird city, I can confirm that many alleyways go nowhere, and that if you try to talk to the people who hang out at the end of them, they will battle you for no reason, and then completely vanish. That's just Pokemon being realistic.

All of Lumiose does seem off to me, too. I find it weird how much of the dialogue is alluding to unknown things.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Anyone know anything more about the scary girl that appears out of nowhere yet?

追放されたバカ

Maybe it's a little jibe about Parisians, stereotypically they can be a little cold/weird? Come to think of it I've met a few.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast