Lucky Streak

Thread: Lucky Streak

Question Lucky Streak

What prompted me to start this thread was something that happened to me today while I was playing my Platinum. For the past few weeks I have been on a diligent search for a Munchlax. I'm sure that many of y'all know just how difficult and strenuous a challange that can be. Well, I not only just wanted a Munchlax, but I wanted its Nature to be Jolly, which is easy enough accomplished through the use of Soft Reseting, but you have to keep going at it to find the Jolly Nature.

To add to the burden of this task, Muchlax has a quite low catch rate, I only wanted to catch one in a plain poke ball, because I'm a little crazy about that, so it takes a long time for some of them buggers to close. I also wanted my Munchlax to be a lower-level because I wanted to transfer it to a new game to go through the Sinnoh region with. With all that said here is my extremely lucky streak:

The first tree that I checked *BAM* Muchlax! I was floored of course so I proceded to weaken it to catch it. After about 22 broken poke balls the little devil finally stayed in. After the catch text goes by I go to check and see what Nature it had. Sure enough, Jolly. I was so happy I was over the roof. See since I had been looking for a Munchlax for so long it was quite a relief to finally catch one thats Nature was the one I wanted. I was also happy because Munchlax's level was also at the perfect little level of 5 that even more made my day.

Now you may think that I am getting a little excited over nothing, but you have to hear the rest. I strolled my guy over to the Pokemon Center to heal my party and deposit my Munchlax when the nurse all of a sudden tells me my Pokemon have Pokerus! Now, catching a Munchlax with the exact Nature and level I want the first time AND getting my entire party infected with Pokerus is a pretty impresive lucky streak. For me it was pretty amazing, but after ALL that I said:

Have you had any unusual lucky streaks while playing the games? Not like finding ONE shiny, but just a ton of really rare things happening after one another like my fortunate instance?

Share!
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lucky Streak

On emerald last month. I caught a feebas, caught kyogre with a premier ball, groudon in a great ball, all the regis using no more than 10 balls on either of them, AND beat Steven without a single pokemon fainting. That was pretty f*cking awesome.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Three critical hits in a row, with a normal critical ratio move and with no item, move or ability enhancing it.

And when I was searching for a Feebas in Emerald, it took too long that I got a shiny Magikarp. Shortly after that encounter, I found Feebas spot. Shortly after that, I flew to Route 14 for no reason and found (and caught) a shiny Swablu. It was golden, like Magikarp. I was amazed, I'm much more used to UNLUCKY streaks xD

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by Sennen_Goroshi View Post
    I was amazed, I'm much more used to UNLUCKY streaks xD
    I know right? I think we ALL are! I guess that's why these Lucky streaks are so amazing! We are all like "Wait, good things aren't supposed to happen to me in Pokemon!" :P
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Unfortunately I haven't experienced anything incredibly lucky on a streak, my "luck" tends to be spread pretty evenly.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

If I've had any lucky streaks, I haven't been aware of them.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection