The lost Xtransceiver...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UnovaCastaway

Thread: The lost Xtransceiver...

Follow mijuwott On Twitter Add mijuwott on Facebook
    Follow mijuwott on Tumblr

Default The lost Xtransceiver...

I have called Yancy in all the locations about 60 times. I rode the ferris wheel with her, and I've had the call that was voice-only and the call where she was in her work clothes. What do I do now? She doesn't show up in Nimbasa to trade with me.. :/ Please help me. Thank you.

Default Re: The lost Xtransceiver...

Quote Originally Posted by mijuwott View Post
    I have called Yancy in all the locations about 60 times. I rode the ferris wheel with her, and I've had the call that was voice-only and the call where she was in her work clothes. What do I do now? She doesn't show up in Nimbasa to trade with me.. :/ Please help me. Thank you.
    you have to call right before you want to trade with her
    3DS FC: 2638 0331 2172

Research & Development Kaluriel's Avatar

I found that I had to wait until the next day before she would ask me if i wanted to meet at the ferris wheel again to trade after the work clothes incident.
    3DS FC: 2036-6947-2143
    Pokemon Y

My Shinx knows Outrage :P CraZy ShinX's Avatar
    Add CraZy ShinX on Facebook
    Visit CraZy ShinX's Youtube Channel

i always had trouble with this sidequest. u just gotta be lucky and hope for a call in the designated spots. oh yeah. does she ever call your trainer on her own?
    Claimed the Expert Belt as of 1/8/13!

Blog Entries

I completed this sidequest a few days ago. While filling my Pokédex and checking the hidden grottos frequently I kept calling the celeb and suddendly we wanted to meet me in person. I thought that you have to meet im several times before he wants to trade with you but out of the blue he offered a mankey to me. Too bad I only had my ingame team with me so I couldn't trade. :/

Is it just me or is the dialoge in the Ferris Wheel VERY shippy? The guy called my character more beautiful than the Unove region and kept saying he is so happy to spend time with my character. I didn't know this sidequest could lead to a love interest. o.o Should have picked the male playable character....

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where do you have to walk to get them to call you? I met Curtis at the Ferris Wheel to give hime the Xtransciever, but he said to call him but then didn't give me his contact. This was a while ago, and I'm still awaiting the next call.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

This is by far the most sweetest side-quest ever. You gotta admit that it's shippy - Curtis says all those nice things to you and compliment your looks and stuff, and Yancy blushes when she talks on the Xtranseiver. Personally, I am not going to be surprised if GF decides to include a love interest in the next games. It worked cutely for this gen - why not make it more friendly?

And really... did they have to make us call 50 times? ;_;

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Where do you have to walk to get them to call you? I met Curtis at the Ferris Wheel to give hime the Xtransciever, but he said to call him but then didn't give me his contact. This was a while ago, and I'm still awaiting the next call.
    He did. It's strange, but the contact appears and disappears. Visit the places (certain cities and routes, listed below) where s/he called you before you returned him/her the Xtransciever. One of them (or some, not sure about that) will be set randomly for Curtis/Yancy to appear among your contacts when you're there. You'll have to find which is the "marked" place. After the call, the "marked" place will be reset randomly (it could be even the same place where you are; that happened me twice or thrice).

Repeat 51 times. Since you'll have to travel a lot, take the chance to hatch eggs or raise Happines if needed to evolve a Pokémon. At the 50th call s/he'll be dressed as an idol and end the call immediately. Repeat once more and s/he will apologize, saying someone else answered the call (clearly, s/he doesn't want you to know s/he's a TV idol).

Wait to the next day (This is important and maybe it's what OP skipped), and then you'll be able to trade Pokémon with him/her.

Cities/Towns: Nimbasa, Driftveil, Mistralton, Lentimas, Undella, Lacunosa.

Routes: 5,6,7,9,11,12,13,14,16.

P.S. Sorry if my post is understandable enough. My native language is not english and probably I messed up the redaction. I just did this quest today, and I was about to ask in this forum, but Google provided the answer. =)

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Is it just me or is the dialoge in the Ferris Wheel VERY shippy? The guy called my character more beautiful than the Unove region and kept saying he is so happy to spend time with my character. I didn't know this sidequest could lead to a love interest. o.o Should have picked the male playable character....
    Well, Yancy said she got nervous, and then says talking with the player makes her very happy. So yeah, it's strongly shippy.

EDIT, hours later. I waited for the next day and got my Meowth! =)
    Last edited by Ziggy Stardust; 26th December 2012 at 04:44 AM.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Ziggy Stardust I finally figured it out. I noticed the scroll bar on the side of the Xtranciever was different in the places you could call them because of their contact finally being there.
    Ziggy Stardust likes this.