Limited attack animations

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Limited attack animations

Is a pretty Sneasel Sneazy Sneasel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Limited attack animations

I just got my hands on X and i noticed all the Pokemon 3d models have only two attacking animations, special and physical, in contrast to other 3d pokemon games like Stadium, Colosseum, and PBR in which each Pokemon had several different animations that varies depending on what type of move it's using is based on, for example in PBR if you order Lucario to use a punching based move like Focus Punch and Bullet punch, when attacking it does an animation of throwing a punch and if you order it to use a kicking based move like Low Kick or Blaze Kick, it does a kicking animation when attacking. however in Pokemon X and Y regardless of whether the attack is Punching move, a Kicking move or any other move that is physical, my Lucario always does a punching animation when doing a physical attack which is awkward.

After seeing the graphical improvements made in Platinum from DP and the improvements made to the sprites in B2W2 from BW, do you think its possible Game Freak will improve the the Pokemon animations when Pokemon Z or whatever the next Pokemon game is called comes out?
    Your Name Please

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Limited attack animations

Doesn't MegaMewtwoY have like 4 animations? Is he the only one that has more than two?

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

From what I've seen, most have 3. for example:
    Delphox will either slash forward, take its wand out with a twirl and hunch forward, or take its wand out and point it.
    Forges has two different animations with its arms, then one where vines come out of its flowers.
    etc

Blog Entries

I just wish every pokemon in the game had 4 animations.
    Your Name Please

I've noticed more than 2. Like Tail Whip has it's totally own unique animation on every Pokemon I've fought that has it.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Moe
    Blog Entries

After seeing a wild Beartic using Flail, I can't complain about the attack animations.

Blog Entries

There's also occasionally one for support moves and some pokemon with signature moves get a animation for that move (e.g. Spiky Shield animation for Chesnaught).
    Keep in mind though that there are also the amie models and animations as well.

EDIT: Kinda off-topic, but Fly has the most awesome animation ever now.
    Ceiwen and Berrenta like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Regiruler View Post
    There's also occasionally one for support moves and some pokemon with signature moves get a animation for that move (e.g. Spiky Shield animation for Chesnaught).
    Keep in mind though that there are also the amie models and animations as well.

EDIT: Kinda off-topic, but Fly has the most awesome animation ever now.
    From what I've seen, only Fly and Flame Charge actually have the attacker make contact (Fly's easy to see, since you can see the Pokémon's model during the attack, but Flame Charge would go unnoticed due to using the standard physical attack animation, but it does get surrounded by that large fireball that shoots at the target).
    White 2: Michael 1292-9447-2383

Rollout is the same as Flame Charge, but it spins into a rocky ball.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

^all that is nice and all but it still doesn't make up for Lucario doing a punch attack when i command it to use low sweep or Linoone simple standing still while doing Fury Swipes, i know Game Freak said the handheld games were suppose to represent fantasy while the console Pokemon games are suppose to represent realism but come on, its sad that the models from Pokemon Stadium seemed more "alive" than the ones from X and Y.

I sincerely hope Game Freak will put more effort into the Pokemon animations for Pokemon Z.
    Your Name Please

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I found it weird when my Bulbasaur stuck its vines out while using Tackle, but for Vine Whip, it just stood there while a light green swoosh hit the opponent.
    yourlilemogirl and Hayarotle like this.

Blog Entries

For the first 3D main Pokémon games, I am actually quite surprised by how many different and unique animations there are.

Blog Entries

The OP's complaint sounds familiar to a post i made a while back in the "Aesthetics and Graphics" thread about Monferno in Battle revolution throwing a punch when using Blaze Kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromaster View Post
    If you want to go to Game Freak HQ and remodel and reanimate over 700 Pokemon for them (and include gender differences and all various formes and evolutions and everything else), you go right ahead. Show them how it's done, those lazy buggers.

Or instead appreciate all the effort that went into this game. :/ A comparison to Pokemon Stadium or PBR is very unfair. Both games are battle simulators, so they can afford to put in the extra effort to give all the Pokemon different animations depending on the attack. Pokemon XY also have Pokemon-Amie going on, as well as a story, and the various mini-games, not to mention the minor character customization. Include the beautiful and wide world that is the Kalos region, and suddenly it becomes very understandable why most Pokemon have limited attack animations.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Faye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macromaster View Post
    Or instead appreciate all the effort that went into this game. :/
    I never said i didn't appreciate the effort if fact i understand all the hard work they put in X and Y.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Faye View Post
    If you want to go to Game Freak HQ and remodel and reanimate over 700 Pokemon for them (and include gender differences and all various formes and evolutions and everything else), you go right ahead. Show them how it's done, those lazy buggers.

A comparison to Pokemon Stadium or PBR is very unfair. Both games are battle simulators, so they can afford to put in the extra effort to give all the Pokemon different animations depending on the attack. Pokemon XY also have Pokemon-Amie going on, as well as a story, and the various mini-games, not to mention the minor character customization. Include the beautiful and wide world that is the Kalos region, and suddenly it becomes very understandable why most Pokemon have limited attack animations.

As i said before i understand this. this is the reason i think that Game Freak will put more effort in to models for Pokemon Z, just like they how they improved the overworld graphics in Platinum and the sprites in B2W2.
    Your Name Please

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast