SPOILERS: Legendary Pokemon Discussion - Page 7
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Your Darkest Nightmare Locked In My Asylum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Locked In My Asylum on Tumblr Visit Locked In My Asylum's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Legendary Pokemon Discussion

I absolutely love the stag Pokemon! I'm always partial to the blue legendaries, and this time's no different. <3
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Planky View Post
    Someone suggested on another forum that these two may be based on Eikþyrnir (stag) and Veðrfölnir (hawk) from Norse mythology. Someone may have already brought this up on here...

Sorry the pic is so small, but it shows your theory which is a possibility.
    And then the snake can be the Z... it's perfect. But then what will be the W? The tree itself, maybe?
    In this vein, I totally think X-Deer & Y-Hawk will be the Dialga & Palkia of this gen, with Z-Snake being the Giratina (completing the trio), and the W-Fish (or whatever) being the Arceus, the trio master.

Also, I think it's interesting that the mascots don't appear to be Dragon-type. In fact, the bird looks like a Dark/Flying, and I could kind of see the deer being Psychic/Normal. What does everyone else think?
    It's funny, Veðrfölnir is, according to Wikipedia, 'a hawk sitting between the eyes of an unnamed eagle.' I wonder if this will have any impact in the games?

But anyway, I totally agree that these are based on Norse mythology. Although, I don't think there will be a W Pokémon. X Deer, Y Hawk, and Z Snake seems good enough to me.

Follow Charazemma On Twitter Add Charazemma on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor jokool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Planky View Post
    Someone suggested on another forum that these two may be based on Eikþyrnir (stag) and Veðrfölnir (hawk) from Norse mythology. Someone may have already brought this up on here...

Sorry the pic is so small, but it shows your theory which is a possibility.
    And then the snake can be the Z... it's perfect. But then what will be the W? The tree itself, maybe?
    In this vein, I totally think X-Deer & Y-Hawk will be the Dialga & Palkia of this gen, with Z-Snake being the Giratina (completing the trio), and the W-Fish (or whatever) being the Arceus, the trio master.

Also, I think it's interesting that the mascots don't appear to be Dragon-type. In fact, the bird looks like a Dark/Flying, and I could kind of see the deer being Psychic/Normal. What does everyone else think?
    It's funny, Veðrfölnir is, according to Wikipedia, 'a hawk sitting between the eyes of an unnamed eagle.' I wonder if this will have any impact in the games?

But anyway, I totally agree that these are based on Norse mythology. Although, I don't think there will be a W Pokémon. X Deer, Y Hawk, and Z Snake seems good enough to me.
    Don't forget the part about the squirrel!

' Nidhogg, a serpent, lives under the roots. He gnaws at the tree's roots and torments the dead. Four stags also torment the World Tree: Dain, Dvalin, Duneyr and Durathror all run through the branches and feed on the leaves. Messages are delivered between worlds by the squirrel Ratatosk (meaning "swift teeth") who runs up and down the tree, and a eagle sits at the top.'

I call a cute event legendary squirrel, the Victini, Celebi, Mew of Gen VI.
    I'm a girl.

I call a Squirrel legendary in X and Y, just sayin'.

The legendaries shown so far look incredible. But I'm hoping he get 6 or 7 legendaries at the most this generations. Gen V had way too many legendaries for my liking.

But above all, we seriously need a poison type legendary already.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

I just had an idea! Considering the whole XY/chromosome theme, what if the main legendaries have genders?

Some background on the Legendaries' species here, if not already posted. So, a wyvern and a chital, to be specific!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pokemaster View Post
    Some background on the Legendaries' species here, if not already posted. So, a wyvern and a chital, to be specific!
    A wyveryn huh, guess this means the Y legendary is most likely a dragon type.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Not necessarily. Lugia is theoretically based on a wyvern too and yet it is not a Dragon-type.

Oh, a wyvern? My friend said it was a phoenix, that's why I was expecting fire/flying.

It really looks like a dark type though.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    I just had an idea! Considering the whole XY/chromosome theme, what if the main legendaries have genders?
    I like this idea. Obviously X-Deer and Y-gle would be female & male respectively, and I guess that would make Z-Snake male and W-Squirrel female, following the ZW sex determination system.

Also, thinking about the legendary types again, I think they might pull a Lugia on us again with the Y-Bird. Lots of people assumes it's Water-type, but it's actually Psychic/Flying. Likewise, a lot are assuming Y-Hawk is Dark/Flying, but what if it's Psychic/Dark? That would fit if X-Deer is a Psychic-type too (which it kind looks like, Psychic/Steel, maybe?), and would mean the others are probs Psychic too (I'm guessing Psychic/Poison for Z-Snake & Psychic/Normal for W-Squirrel).

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Looks very much like a Flying-type, at least in part... Also give a Dark-type vibe. I'd say Flying/Dark or Flying/Dragon.

I'm more curious about X-chital through. I'm not quite sure what to think of it... Looks like a Grass-type, but I'm not sure. Grass/Psychic? Light-type?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Oh, a wyvern? My friend said it was a phoenix, that's why I was expecting fire/flying.

It really looks like a dark type though.
    Something's telling me it could be poison/flying. Of course this could be because of my borderline desperation for a poison type legendary

As for the deer, it kinda looks like a steel type to me.

Any chance that the deer is Normal, Normal/Steel, or Normal/Psychic?

sleeping is my passion Winterdaze's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    I like this idea. Obviously X-Deer and Y-gle would be female & male respectively, and I guess that would make Z-Snake male and W-Squirrel female, following the ZW sex determination system.
    Amusingly enough for Y-Bird, birds just happen to use ZW sex determination (and are arguably the most notable users of that sex-determination system).

As for typings, I can't really say other than the bird will be part flying. I definitely get Psychic and Normal vibes from the Deer though.

Blog Entries

I'm just hoping the X-Deer is part Grass type. I've been waiting for a Grass type cover legend since Gen III.

As for Y-Bird, I have my fingers crossed for Poison/Flying. There's no denying it's a bird, and by God, we need a Poison type legendary already.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast