SPOILERS: Legendary Pokemon Discussion - Page 16

Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: Legendary Pokemon Discussion

I want them to stick to some of the traditions, but not overdo it. When you have 20 legendaries in one game, they arent special, they are just stationary pokémon with above average stats. It use to be going through an eerie location, navigating through a maze before finding the pokémon whose power many fear.
    Or thats all just my childhood imagination.

Anywho, I want
    2 mascot legendaries
    3rd legendary with a connection to the previous mascots, CLEVERLY hidden in some mysterious area like Giratina, who would of guessed his location without a guide or wiki?
    3 legendaries forming a trio, but they need to have a sense of "legendary", maybe the legend of them is a secret and you uncover them yourselves in an ancient ruins of some sort.
    1 or 2 legendaries for events

I really want them to keep it simple so the title of "legendary" can feel important again. 7 or 8 might even be a little too much, but atleast not as bad as 13.

So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    Above: Not a bad find at all. I would think that the whole blue part by itself is a stylised "X" if you look hard enough.

As for Xerneas and Yveltal's names, I quite like it. Perhaps the reason a pronunciation guide was included was because of Arceus. All I'm hoping for is that they at least have a Pokédex 3D version of these guys so I can practice their names more...

Meanwhile, I've been reading the theories and all I know for sure is that, whatever they are, they'll be awesome.
    I remember having discussions of whether Lugia was Loo-GEE-ah or Loo-JEE-ah back in the day. Hard to determine when you don't have the anime giving you the answers.

So, anybody want to start on some fanart which has Yveltal perched on top of Xerneas' antlers?
    UnovaCastaway and Green Zubat like this.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

This has likely been said before but I do feel like (read: hope) that Xerneas will have a "life" theme and Yveltal will have a "death" theme of some sort given the Yggdrasil-like appearance Xerxeas seems to have. This is admittedly a shallow theory based on almost nothing, so yeah!

But damn, these legendaries are much more interesting than the previous two mascots already, imo. Maybe because this is the first time I've been on the pre-release hype train so early. With gen 5 I started getting hyped with only weeks before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Totophile View Post
    I want them to stick to some of the traditions, but not overdo it. When you have 20 legendaries in one game, they arent special, they are just stationary pokémon with above average stats. It use to be going through an eerie location, navigating through a maze before finding the pokémon whose power many fear.
    Or thats all just my childhood imagination.

Anywho, I want
    2 mascot legendaries
    3rd legendary with a connection to the previous mascots, CLEVERLY hidden in some mysterious area like Giratina, who would of guessed his location without a guide or wiki?
    3 legendaries forming a trio, but they need to have a sense of "legendary", maybe the legend of them is a secret and you uncover them yourselves in an ancient ruins of some sort.
    1 or 2 legendaries for events

I really want them to keep it simple so the title of "legendary" can feel important again. 7 or 8 might even be a little too much, but atleast not as bad as 13.

So yeah.

So much agreed. One may double-think this, considering the new region probably has no direct connection to others (in which case, it may be rendered hard to incorporate old Legends) and say that 7 or 8 would be "few" in comparison to other regions. When you look at regions like Sinnoh though, you realize that even with that large number, nothing really changes. Johto had a stronger mythical background with 7 less Legendaries. So, in that case, I say more quality and less quantity.

That holds true for regular Pokémon as well. That's not to say I don't like recent additions; Gen V was quite good. However, in a pace like that in a time we've reached 649 Pokémon, the audience finds it harder and harder to follow. Furthermore, some species don't get nearly as much spotlight as they need. Just look at Pokémon like Golurk... So much potential, yet so little focus on. Ideally, all Pokémon should present something rememberable about them throughout the game. See the roles of Munna and Musharna or Zorua / Zoroark, for example -- both as species and as specific cases of them. More like that!
    Totophile likes this.

Hopefully we get a poison-type legendary. I can't really think of a legend or a myth that involves poison, but still.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PixelPerfect View Post
    Hopefully we get a poison-type legendary. I can't really think of a legend or a myth that involves poison, but still.
    It could easily be expanded to anything based on decay and death really.
    Green Zubat likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PixelPerfect View Post
    If the legendaries are indeed norse myths, then you might just get your wish. Jormugandr which is the 3rd beast in the supposed trio of norse beasts, is said to poison the sky in the final battle between him and Thor. So who knows, maybe its gonna happen. And the typing would be pretty awesome, water/poison cause he's a sea serpent.
    Gaga likes this.

El_
    Blog Entries

I don't think that Jormugandr, the Midgard Serpent the circles the planet and Niohogrr, the Snake people are saying completes the trio and gnaws on the roots of Yggdrasill are the same creature.

They appear to be a bit different in the Norse myths, heres one example:

Nidhoggr - mythical creature

Jormungandr - mythical creature

Seems pretty nasty though, even more so than the bird Yveltal seems.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I don't think that Jormugandr, the Midgard Serpent the circles the planet and Niohogrr, the Snake people are saying completes the trio and gnaws on the roots of Yggdrasill are the same creature.

They appear to be a bit different in the Norse myths, heres one example:

Nidhoggr - mythical creature

Jormungandr - mythical creature

Seems pretty nasty though, even more so than the bird Yveltal seems.
    They could incude both creatures. The Nidhoggr could be the third legendary that completes the trio and the Jormungandr could be a seperate legend, i dunno if that could work, I'm just speculating.

El_
    Blog Entries

They could also just combine those myths into one epic legendary Snake-Dragon Pokemon. Another thing to note is that Snakes worldwide are a symbol for rebirth, shedding of the skin and all that. So other than the Yggdrasill a life-death-rebirth theme could be possible this gen.

Yveltal which Zeb said earlier and I agree does look like a Vulture - Death (probably Dark/Flying type)

Xerneas is an obvious nature representation - Life (If so, possibly Steel/Grass as it would fit and balances out against the above typing)

Z-Serpent - Rebirth (Don't know what typing, but imo probably Dragon and something else)
    Gaga and Zweilous like this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

You know, I'm just happy the mascots arent Dragon types again....hope I didn't Jynx it. (I gotta stop these poké-puns.)

Nyx

You know, I'm just happy the mascots arent Dragon types again....hope I didn't Jynx it. (I gotta stop these poké-puns.)
    Yveltal could easily be a Dragon-type...but I hope it's not.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

I found Giratina in Diamond without any guide or wiki, which made it all the creepier when I actually found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    I found Giratina in Diamond without any guide or wiki, which made it all the creepier when I actually found it.
    Ikr, this is basiaclly what through my mind playing Diamond.

"Loo loo loo I've got some apples loo loo-wait what is this? Wasn't there a fence hya? Guess I missed it. Mmm whats with the music! Oooo a cave! Maybe I'll find some Kanto pokémon to fill up meh dex! God, this place sucks it's so incoherent and foggy. Wait....WTF IS THAT THING?"

I haven't used a guide, well not much of a guide but more of a source or info, until Heartgold and Soulsilver when I discoverd Serebii. That's why this Gen I'm going in with as little information as possible to keep me surprised. All I want to know are the starters, their evolutions, the mascots, and anything else I accidently find out in these fourms if I feel like spoiling myself.
    Green Zubat likes this.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Xerneas does look like it could be a Steel type but that may just be due to the new models for the game and that legendaries will on occasion look metallic.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast