Thread: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Unless, as @Bikini Miltank; suggested in another thread, the reason they are moved up to earlier in the Pokédex could be plot-related, in that they have to be caught or encountered at a certain point.
    If they're relevant to the plot, why aren't they in the game opening?
    That is true.

Besides, I think it would be an even bigger tease to have three Pokémon in the middle of the Pokédex that are unable to be caught in the game unless you pay 15,000yen to purchase a Nintendo 3DS (if you don't already have one), then another 150yen to buy the AR app, THEN have the luck to encounter one of the trio in the game (I highly doubt they'll be common).
    You seem to be ignoring the fact that Game Freak are trying to promote the 3DS. Not completing the regional Pokédex wouldn't hurt anyone, just as it wasn't an issue for Manaphy to be in the middle of the updated Sinnoh Pokédex. We could still see Manaphy because then seeing all the Pokémon was a requirement. For all we know, Professor Burnett might appear in B2W2 to tell the player about the Formes, which would at least add their data as having been seen.
    They're trying to promote the Nintendo 3DS...with a Nintendo DS game? For all we know, Creatures Inc. could be developing Pokédex 3D Pro (as they did Pokédex 3D) and we don't know who is developing Pokémon AR Searcher.

As for Manaphy, GameFreak were just lazy in that they just dumped all the added Pokémon at the end of the pre-existing Sinnoh Pokédex regardless of where they appeared in the game. This time we've had a complete re-order.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDialgaPrime View Post
    What was the JP website for BW2?
    It probably won't be updated until the 15th (CoroCoro's street date) or Pokémon Smash reveals the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Unless, as @Bikini Miltank; suggested in another thread, the reason they are moved up to earlier in the Pokédex could be plot-related, in that they have to be caught or encountered at a certain point.
    If they're relevant to the plot, why aren't they in the game opening?
    That is true.

Besides, I think it would be an even bigger tease to have three Pokémon in the middle of the Pokédex that are unable to be caught in the game unless you pay 15,000yen to purchase a Nintendo 3DS (if you don't already have one), then another 150yen to buy the AR app, THEN have the luck to encounter one of the trio in the game (I highly doubt they'll be common).
    You seem to be ignoring the fact that Game Freak are trying to promote the 3DS. Not completing the regional Pokédex wouldn't hurt anyone, just as it wasn't an issue for Manaphy to be in the middle of the updated Sinnoh Pokédex. We could still see Manaphy because then seeing all the Pokémon was a requirement. For all we know, Professor Burnett might appear in B2W2 to tell the player about the Formes, which would at least add their data as having been seen.
    They're trying to promote the Nintendo 3DS...with a Nintendo DS game? For all we know, Creatures Inc. could be developing Pokédex 3D Pro (as they did Pokédex 3D) and we don't know who is developing Pokémon AR Searcher.

As for Manaphy, GameFreak were just lazy in that they just dumped all the added Pokémon at the end of the pre-existing Sinnoh Pokédex regardless of where they appeared in the game. This time we've had a complete re-order.

What was the JP website for BW2?
    It probably won't be updated until the 15th (CoroCoro's street date) or Pokémon Smash reveals the information.
    When it updates can you send me the URL for the website?

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I think that it's a great idea to make the new forms of Thunderus, Landorus and Tornadus only available through the new AR app. That way, more Pokemon fans will buy the 3DS, making GameFreak release the next biggest Pokemon game in the 3DS knowing that enough Pokemon fans have it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I think that it's a great idea to make the new forms of Thunderus, Landorus and Tornadus only available through the new AR app. That way, more Pokemon fans will buy the 3DS, making GameFreak release the next biggest Pokemon game in the 3DS knowing that enough Pokemon fans have it.
    Yes, but are 3 Formes worth all the money a 3DS costs? Not really.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Deox View Post
    Yeah but Star fox and Kid Icarus are. Anyways will Keldeo be in game or event only.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

It adds as another incentive to get the 3DS for hardcore Pokemon fans. Maybe not enough to get a lot of Pokemon fans to get a 3DS, but getting some to buy it is good enough. It also means more profit for them with the AR app getting bought by Pokemon fans who already have a 3DS. You can't say that it's pointless and won't be beneficiary for them as a whole.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

When it updates can you send me the URL for the website?
    Here it is.

moa

I was zooming on the leaked corocoro pages and it seems that the sacred beasts formes have a bellybutton gem

๑๑-•¨°º¤ø„º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„ ๑๑-• ๑๑-•ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º- ๑๑-
    ________________________ ___________________________

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott
    The point is that a hole in Pokédex is completely insignificant. Many people speculated that the Sinnoh Pokédex would be reordered because of Manaphy and even the other legendaries, but that didn't happen. If anything, the fact that the Kami trio have unusual numbers suggests that they're not going to be handled the same way they were in Black and White, and the early story theory is quite weak.

They're obviously involved with the AR Searcher as they designed Professor Burnett, and they had to account for compatibility. It should have been obvious to you that B2W2 would have some perks for 3DS users, and now it has been made quite clear that the Formes will be 3DS-exclusive. As for the Icarnation Formes, they're fairly unimportant now, and I don't see why they would be directly available in B2W2 if they couldn't switch to the new Formes.
    Last edited by Silktree; 13th May 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    Anyways will Keldeo be in game or event only.
    I think just event, but I'm not 100% sure.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Event only. It's pretty Obvious.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

If restricting the Kami trio to the AR Searcher is a ploy to get more people to invest in the 3DS, it's a rather weak one at that. Anybody who would buy a 3DS merely to acquire these extra formes are the people that'll buy a 3DS as soon as the first mainstream Pokemon game on the system is announced; and that's assuming they haven't purchased one already.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Event only. It's pretty Obvious.
    Well last time I checked it was smack dab in the middle of the new regional dex which contradicts with the promotion for event. So if there is contradiction there is a lack of clearness yes?

Blog Entries

Keldeo's number is 298, and Meloetta's is 299. They're still event-exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur
    If restricting the Kami trio to the AR Searcher is a ploy to get more people to invest in the 3DS, it's a rather weak one at that.
    It's an added incentive to invest in the 3DS, among other things that will likely pile up with time. If the AR Searcher only featured normally obtainable Pokémon, then people wouldn't care.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moa View Post
    I was zooming on the leaked corocoro pages and it seems that the sacred beasts formes have a bellybutton gem
    Those are probably gonna change the forms for the Pokemon, after trading them from the Ar searcher. Which would mean that they would be hold items, which would mean GTS trading them would allow us to obtain them outside of the application.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast