The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2 - Page 6

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 304
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

  1. #76
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Unless, as @Bikini Miltank; suggested in another thread, the reason they are moved up to earlier in the Pokédex could be plot-related, in that they have to be caught or encountered at a certain point.
    If they're relevant to the plot, why aren't they in the game opening?
    That is true.

    Besides, I think it would be an even bigger tease to have three Pokémon in the middle of the Pokédex that are unable to be caught in the game unless you pay 15,000yen to purchase a Nintendo 3DS (if you don't already have one), then another 150yen to buy the AR app, THEN have the luck to encounter one of the trio in the game (I highly doubt they'll be common).
    You seem to be ignoring the fact that Game Freak are trying to promote the 3DS. Not completing the regional Pokédex wouldn't hurt anyone, just as it wasn't an issue for Manaphy to be in the middle of the updated Sinnoh Pokédex. We could still see Manaphy because then seeing all the Pokémon was a requirement. For all we know, Professor Burnett might appear in B2W2 to tell the player about the Formes, which would at least add their data as having been seen.
    They're trying to promote the Nintendo 3DS...with a Nintendo DS game? For all we know, Creatures Inc. could be developing Pokédex 3D Pro (as they did Pokédex 3D) and we don't know who is developing Pokémon AR Searcher.

    As for Manaphy, GameFreak were just lazy in that they just dumped all the added Pokémon at the end of the pre-existing Sinnoh Pokédex regardless of where they appeared in the game. This time we've had a complete re-order.


    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDialgaPrime View Post
    What was the JP website for BW2?
    It probably won't be updated until the 15th (CoroCoro's street date) or Pokémon Smash reveals the information.

  2. #77
    Registered User AkuromaKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Unless, as @Bikini Miltank; suggested in another thread, the reason they are moved up to earlier in the Pokédex could be plot-related, in that they have to be caught or encountered at a certain point.
    If they're relevant to the plot, why aren't they in the game opening?
    That is true.

    Besides, I think it would be an even bigger tease to have three Pokémon in the middle of the Pokédex that are unable to be caught in the game unless you pay 15,000yen to purchase a Nintendo 3DS (if you don't already have one), then another 150yen to buy the AR app, THEN have the luck to encounter one of the trio in the game (I highly doubt they'll be common).
    You seem to be ignoring the fact that Game Freak are trying to promote the 3DS. Not completing the regional Pokédex wouldn't hurt anyone, just as it wasn't an issue for Manaphy to be in the middle of the updated Sinnoh Pokédex. We could still see Manaphy because then seeing all the Pokémon was a requirement. For all we know, Professor Burnett might appear in B2W2 to tell the player about the Formes, which would at least add their data as having been seen.
    They're trying to promote the Nintendo 3DS...with a Nintendo DS game? For all we know, Creatures Inc. could be developing Pokédex 3D Pro (as they did Pokédex 3D) and we don't know who is developing Pokémon AR Searcher.

    As for Manaphy, GameFreak were just lazy in that they just dumped all the added Pokémon at the end of the pre-existing Sinnoh Pokédex regardless of where they appeared in the game. This time we've had a complete re-order.


    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDialgaPrime View Post
    What was the JP website for BW2?
    It probably won't be updated until the 15th (CoroCoro's street date) or Pokémon Smash reveals the information.
    When it updates can you send me the URL for the website?

  3. #78
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    I think that it's a great idea to make the new forms of Thunderus, Landorus and Tornadus only available through the new AR app. That way, more Pokemon fans will buy the 3DS, making GameFreak release the next biggest Pokemon game in the 3DS knowing that enough Pokemon fans have it.

  4. #79
    Cityspeaker Charles Dunois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,805
    Blog Entries
    78

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I think that it's a great idea to make the new forms of Thunderus, Landorus and Tornadus only available through the new AR app. That way, more Pokemon fans will buy the 3DS, making GameFreak release the next biggest Pokemon game in the 3DS knowing that enough Pokemon fans have it.
    Yes, but are 3 Formes worth all the money a 3DS costs? Not really.

  5. #80
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,091
    Blog Entries
    196

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Deox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I think that it's a great idea to make the new forms of Thunderus, Landorus and Tornadus only available through the new AR app. That way, more Pokemon fans will buy the 3DS, making GameFreak release the next biggest Pokemon game in the 3DS knowing that enough Pokemon fans have it.
    Yes, but are 3 Formes worth all the money a 3DS costs? Not really.
    Yeah but Star fox and Kid Icarus are. Anyways will Keldeo be in game or event only.

  6. #81
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Deox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I think that it's a great idea to make the new forms of Thunderus, Landorus and Tornadus only available through the new AR app. That way, more Pokemon fans will buy the 3DS, making GameFreak release the next biggest Pokemon game in the 3DS knowing that enough Pokemon fans have it.
    Yes, but are 3 Formes worth all the money a 3DS costs? Not really.
    It adds as another incentive to get the 3DS for hardcore Pokemon fans. Maybe not enough to get a lot of Pokemon fans to get a 3DS, but getting some to buy it is good enough. It also means more profit for them with the AR app getting bought by Pokemon fans who already have a 3DS. You can't say that it's pointless and won't be beneficiary for them as a whole.

  7. #82
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDialgaPrime View Post
    When it updates can you send me the URL for the website?
    Here it is.

  8. #83
    moa
    moa is offline
    Registered User moa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    I was zooming on the leaked corocoro pages and it seems that the sacred beasts formes have a bellybutton gem
    _________________________________________________________________________

    ๑๑-•¨°º¤ø„º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„ ๑๑-• ๑๑-•ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º- ๑๑-
    ________________________ ___________________________

  9. #84
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott
    As for Manaphy, GameFreak were just lazy in that they just dumped all the added Pokémon at the end of the pre-existing Sinnoh Pokédex regardless of where they appeared in the game. This time we've had a complete re-order.
    The point is that a hole in Pokédex is completely insignificant. Many people speculated that the Sinnoh Pokédex would be reordered because of Manaphy and even the other legendaries, but that didn't happen. If anything, the fact that the Kami trio have unusual numbers suggests that they're not going to be handled the same way they were in Black and White, and the early story theory is quite weak.

    They're trying to promote the Nintendo 3DS...with a Nintendo DS game? For all we know, Creatures Inc. could be developing Pokédex 3D Pro (as they did Pokédex 3D) and we don't know who is developing Pokémon AR Searcher.
    They're obviously involved with the AR Searcher as they designed Professor Burnett, and they had to account for compatibility. It should have been obvious to you that B2W2 would have some perks for 3DS users, and now it has been made quite clear that the Formes will be 3DS-exclusive. As for the Icarnation Formes, they're fairly unimportant now, and I don't see why they would be directly available in B2W2 if they couldn't switch to the new Formes.
    Last edited by Silktree; 13th May 2012 at 12:02 AM.

  10. #85
    We all change The_Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On the internetz
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Deox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I think that it's a great idea to make the new forms of Thunderus, Landorus and Tornadus only available through the new AR app. That way, more Pokemon fans will buy the 3DS, making GameFreak release the next biggest Pokemon game in the 3DS knowing that enough Pokemon fans have it.
    Yes, but are 3 Formes worth all the money a 3DS costs? Not really.
    Anyways will Keldeo be in game or event only.
    I think just event, but I'm not 100% sure.

  11. #86
    Kung Fu Pancham! Rocky505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your mom's room
    Posts
    1,232

    Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Event only. It's pretty Obvious.

    "I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

  12. #87
    Registered User Ivysaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,035
    Blog Entries
    120

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    If restricting the Kami trio to the AR Searcher is a ploy to get more people to invest in the 3DS, it's a rather weak one at that. Anybody who would buy a 3DS merely to acquire these extra formes are the people that'll buy a 3DS as soon as the first mainstream Pokemon game on the system is announced; and that's assuming they haven't purchased one already.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

  13. #88
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,091
    Blog Entries
    196

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Event only. It's pretty Obvious.
    Well last time I checked it was smack dab in the middle of the new regional dex which contradicts with the promotion for event. So if there is contradiction there is a lack of clearness yes?

  14. #89
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Keldeo's number is 298, and Meloetta's is 299. They're still event-exclusive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur
    If restricting the Kami trio to the AR Searcher is a ploy to get more people to invest in the 3DS, it's a rather weak one at that.
    It's an added incentive to invest in the 3DS, among other things that will likely pile up with time. If the AR Searcher only featured normally obtainable Pokémon, then people wouldn't care.

  15. #90
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,366
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

    Quote Originally Posted by moa View Post
    I was zooming on the leaked corocoro pages and it seems that the sacred beasts formes have a bellybutton gem
    Those are probably gonna change the forms for the Pokemon, after trading them from the Ar searcher. Which would mean that they would be hold items, which would mean GTS trading them would allow us to obtain them outside of the application.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •