Like Tree52Likes

Thread: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Even if they can transform, they probably made it so you have to get the one's exclusive to Pokemon AR searcher first.
    The only indication I've seen that the formes could be AR Searcher exclusive were comments made by the leaker yesterday before we had scans. Now that scans have surfaced, there has been no more mention of them being exclusive; just that they are obtainable.

So I imagine that Thundurus will be exclusive to Black 2, while Tornadus is exclusive to White 2; with AR Searcher being the method of allowing Black 2 players to obtain a Tornadus that has a flag to allow it to transform and White 2 players a Thundurus that can transform.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 12th May 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

@Joshawott; Oh, then I could be wrong. You never know with GF/Nintendo.

Blog Entries

Making the Sacred Beast Formes normally available would be a poor marketing move. Even the Rotom applications were exclusive to a Wi-Fi event, which wasn't even related to promoting another system or game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Making the Sacred Beast Formes normally available would be a poor marketing move. Even the Rotom applications were exclusive to a Wi-Fi event, which wasn't even related to promoting another system or game.
    But you didn't have to pay for the Wi-Fi event, or buy an entirely new console. That's the difference.

Blog Entries

Even more the reason to keep them exclusive. Otherwise fewer people would bother to buy a 3DS for the AR Seeker.

Blog Entries

@sunyshore; was kind enough to translate the CoroCoro page regarding the Sacred Beast formes. She says that nowhere on the AR Searcher page does it say that they are exclusive to the Pokémon AR Searcher or can only be found in it; the left page just talks about the AR Searcher in general. However, she did tell me that there is this line on the page about the legendaries themselves:
    The key to getting them is in the 3DS
    So that does seem to hint that it will be the case that they can only be obtained that way; although that quote doesn't single out the AR game or outright state that they are exclusive to it.

Also, I find it funny that the kid in the image is using an Aqua Blue 3DS; because Nintendo are discontinuing that colour soon xD

Even if they are exclusive though, one question that remains is whether these formes are permanent (like Unown) or if the Incarnation formes can transform into the Sacred Beast forms - and if so, how? Could the transformations be caused by an item (or items) that can only be found attached to trio members obtained in AR Searcher, allowing none-ARS members of the trio to transform as well? (Similar to how even non-Distortion World Giratina can transform without the orb).

Blog Entries

They could just use the fateful encounter flag trick again. Transferring the Formes would unlock an in-game event that would give them some context, as well as a key item that would allow them to alter their form back and forth. Basically, they would be treated like Shaymin, with the AR Seeker replacing a movie promotion.

Blog Entries

They could just use the fateful encounter flag trick again. Transferring the Formes would unlock an in-game event that would give them some context, as well as a key item that would allow them to alter their form back and forth. Basically, they would be treated like Shaymin, with the AR Seeker replacing a movie promotion.
    True. I do hope they will allow Tornadus/Thundurus obtained through other means to transform though (In fact, if they simply use the Fateful Encounter tag, then surely Milos Island event Tornadus/Thundurus' would be able to transform too?).

Either way though, I see no reason to exclude the Incarnation Formes from being available in Black 2/White 2.

Blog Entries

I see no reason to make the Icarnation Formes available when they're not as interesting as the new Formes are right now. It would just be teasing, because we wouldn't be able to ever alter their Formes.

Blog Entries

I see no reason to make the Icarnation Formes available when they're not as interesting as the new Formes are right now. It would just be teasing, because we wouldn't be able to ever alter their Formes.
    Then why put them right in the middle of the new Unova Pokédex if they weren't available? If you use AR Searcher to transfer them over early, why not leave them out of the Unova Dex and just display them as "???" until you get the National Pokédex (like Dream World Pokémon in BW)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Then why put them right in the middle of the new Unova Pokédex if they weren't available? If you use AR Searcher to transfer them over early, why not leave them out of the Unova Dex and just display them as "???" until you get the National Pokédex (like Dream World Pokémon in BW)?
    Why not do that for Keldeo or Meloetta? Much like with Keldeo, some players will be able to get the new Formes rather early, and since they're not actually event-exclusive they might as well be in the middle.

Blog Entries

Why not do that for Keldeo or Meloetta? Much like with Keldeo, some players will be able to get the new Formes rather early.
    Keldeo is number 298 (so Meloetta is 299 I guess), right at the end (Aside from Genesect). So why weren't Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorus also put at the end (where legendary Pokémon usually go)? Unless, as @Bikini Miltank; suggested in another thread, the reason they are moved up to earlier in the Pokédex could be plot-related, in that they have to be caught or encountered at a certain point.

Besides, I think it would be an even bigger tease to have three Pokémon in the middle of the Pokédex that are unable to be caught in the game unless you pay 15,000yen to purchase a Nintendo 3DS (if you don't already have one), then another 150yen to buy the AR app, THEN have the luck to encounter one of the trio in the game (I highly doubt they'll be common).
    Last edited by Joshawott; 12th May 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Unless, as @Bikini Miltank; suggested in another thread, the reason they are moved up to earlier in the Pokédex could be plot-related, in that they have to be caught or encountered at a certain point.
    If they're relevant to the plot, why aren't they in the game opening?

Besides, I think it would be an even bigger tease to have three Pokémon in the middle of the Pokédex that are unable to be caught in the game unless you pay 15,000yen to purchase a Nintendo 3DS (if you don't already have one), then another 150yen to buy the AR app, THEN have the luck to encounter one of the trio in the game (I highly doubt they'll be common).
    You seem to be ignoring the fact that Game Freak are trying to promote the 3DS. Not completing the regional Pokédex wouldn't hurt anyone, just as it wasn't an issue for Manaphy to be in the middle of the updated Sinnoh Pokédex. We could still see Manaphy because then seeing all the Pokémon was a requirement. For all we know, Professor Burnett might appear in B2W2 to tell the player about the Formes, which would at least add their data as having been seen.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Making the forms exclusive to the 3DS is phenomenal marketing. It's reason enough for me to go out and buy the system when I get the games, and I'm sure it'll be the same for a lot of people. A severe lack of pokemon has been the only reason I have yet to get the system and I know that's true for others. Even though it's just formes, it's compelling enough. I'm wondering if catching them in the AR Searcher isn't a time exclusive event. I'll be in Africa until December so won't be getting the games until they'll likely have been out for a few months, so if that's an event that's over I'll be pissed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    I'm wondering if catching them in the AR Searcher isn't a time exclusive event. I'll be in Africa until December so won't be getting the games until they'll likely have been out for a few months, so if that's an event that's over I'll be pissed.
    They haven't said anything about an event. It seems to be the main feature of the AR Searcher.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast