The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2 - Page 4

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

Quote Originally Posted by PokéBeach
    Fan speculation on our forums is that the three new formes are inspired by Aztec legend. Tornadus is Huitzilopochtli, who after it died became a green and purple hummingbird, Thundurus is Quetzalcoatl, who after it died became a serpent, and Landorus is Tezcatlipoca / Tepeyollotl, a jaguar. In the Pokemon AR Searcher screenshot on the left side of the 3rd scan and in the anime poster on the right side of the 7th scan, you can see each of them resembling those animals (a bird, a snake, and a jaguar).

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    With the new forms of the Kami Trio revealed, can anyone think of any theme or motif in mythology or otherwise which can explain their changes.

For those who don't know the form changes are:

Tornadus: large bird with strong legs; appears as if it would stand like an upright biped rather than a bird; its cloud is at the base of its tail

Thundurus: biped with a big upper body and arms compared to its darker legs; each forearm is covered in clouds and its tail is completely different from its original tail

Landorus: quadruped with claws; a little reminiscent of Raikou in face and posture; has a cloud on the sole of each paw
    It was brought up on PokéBeach that it could be Aztec mythology, as mentioned here by Zeb.

EDIT: God damn, Silktree ninja'd me and said exactly the same thing.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Looks like almost all of Unova's legendaries are coming back for the new regional dex, and with N's inevitable return from Corocoro, that means Reshiram and Zekrom may be added in too.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Looks like almost all of Unova's legendaries are coming back for the new regional dex, and with N's inevitable return from Corocoro, that means Reshiram and Zekrom may be added in too.
    Reshiram and Zekrom were featured in the games' intros, so they're definitely in.

Blog Entries

Since the Kami trio are going to be exclusive to the AR Seeker, I assume that they will be replaced by other roamers, but probably not before the league. Who will they be? The suspects are Latias, Latios and Cresselia, as well as the bird, beast and lake trios.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Since the Kami trio are going to be exclusive to the AR Seeker, I assume that they will be replaced by other roamers, but probably not before the league. Who will they be? The suspects are Latias, Latios and Cresselia, as well as the bird, beast and lake trios.
    Has it been said that Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus are exclusive to AR Searcher? Because I was under the impression that it was just their Sacred Beast forms that were.

Blog Entries

That hasn't been said, but why wouldn't they just make the Kami trio switch their forms if they were catchable? You seem to be implying that the Incarnation and Sacred Beast Formes are distinct from each other. It is also quite telling that the Kami trio are absent from the opening.

Blog Entries

That hasn't been said, but why wouldn't they just make the Kami trio switch their forms if they were catchable? You seem to be implying that the Incarnation and Sacred Beast Formes are distinct from each other. It is also quite telling that the Kami trio are absent from the opening.
    Yet not only are they in the new Unova Pokédex, but they are right in the middle of it. With HGSS' Johto Pokédex, the Pokémon that could only be obtained after the main story were moved to the bottom (like the Kanto starters and fossil Pokémon) with only the legendary Pokémon coming after them. If they were unobtainable during normal gameplay, I would have assumed that at most, their Pokédex numbers would have been in the 290s.

So what I'm guessing is, is that Incarnation formes that are traded over from Black /White will be unable to transform (similar to DP Shaymin) and that it will only be the trio members obtained in AR Searcher that can transform (or B2W2 as well, with them being available in AR Searcher to allow owners of only one game to obtain the other one).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    With HGSS' Johto Pokédex, the Pokémon that could only be obtained after the main story were moved to the bottom (like the Kanto starters and fossil Pokémon) with only the legendary Pokémon coming after them. If they were unobtainable during normal gameplay, I would have assumed that at most, their Pokédex numbers would have been in the 290s.
    The AR Seeker isn't that far from normal gameplay. Their Pokédex numbers are weird however you look at it, but making the Kami trio transferrable from the AR Seeker at any point in the game explains the numbers to some extent.

I don't expect any legendaries to be catchable in-game before the league with the exception of the Musketeer trio and Kyurem.

So what I'm guessing is, is that Incarnation formes that are traded over from Black /White will be unable to transform (similar to DP Shaymin) and that it will only be the trio members obtained in AR Searcher that can transform (or B2W2 as well, with them being available in AR Searcher to allow owners of only one game to obtain the other one).
    What does that have to do with the Incarnation Formes that you expect to find in B2W2? I highly doubt that they would make the Sacred Beast Formes available without the AR Seeker.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Im hoping to see Reshiram and Zekrom and hope they are catchable in game( shiny this time as well

) Not surprised the Kami Trio's new forms are exclusive to Pokemon AR Searcher, it would encourage people to buy a 3DS, I guess I have to buy one now to get the Kami Trio's new forms, oh well, I wouldve eventually.

Blog Entries

With HGSS' Johto Pokédex, the Pokémon that could only be obtained after the main story were moved to the bottom (like the Kanto starters and fossil Pokémon) with only the legendary Pokémon coming after them. If they were unobtainable during normal gameplay, I would have assumed that at most, their Pokédex numbers would have been in the 290s.
    The AR Seeker isn't that far from normal gameplay. Their Pokédex numbers are weird however you look at it, but making the Kami trio transferrable from the AR Seeker at any point in the game explains the numbers to some extent.
    I think it's more likely that the only Pokémon available in AR Searcher will be outside of the new Unova Pokédex, similar to the Pokémon Dream World, which can also be accessed really early on in Black/White. While it isn't DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if AR Searcher would fall under Nintendo's policy for Paid Downloadable Content - it must only be additional extras and not required for completion of the game; completing the regional Pokédex would probably fall completing the game (in regards to version exclusives, the majority of them can be obtained through the GTS). Besides, it would leave Nintendo DS owners left out if they don't buy a 3DS and then pay for AR Searcher.

What does that have to do with the Incarnation Formes that you expect to find in B2W2? I highly doubt that they would make the Sacred Beast Formes available without the AR Seeker.
    Basically, we don't know whether or not the Incarnation Formes can transform into the Sacred Beast forms yet, do we? (Although it is likely, as is the case with all over formes baring Unown and Basculin, as well as Spinda's variations). What I'm suggesting is, Incarnation Formes that are obtained in Black and White probably won't have the flag to allow them to transform into the Sacred Beast Formes when transferred to Black 2/White 2 (like how Shaymin obtained in Diamond and Pearl's Flower Paradise can't transform into Sky Forme). So if Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus are available in Black 2/White 2 (which I do think), I think they will be able to transform (whenever the requirement for them transforming has been met).

Blog Entries

Even if they can transform, they probably made it so you have to get the one's exclusive to Pokemon AR searcher first.

PDL

Something I just realized about the new forms for the Kami trio; Each of their forms are also referencing past legendary trios:

Tornadus resembles a bird, much like the Legendary Birds of Kanto.
    Thundurus resembles a dragon, much like the Tao trio of Unova.
    Landorus resembles a cat/beast, much like the Legendary Beasts of Jotho.

All three trios are also Fire/Ice/Electric combination (although Suicune is actually a water-type, it is still very close...)
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

completing the regional Pokédex would probably fall completing the game (in regards to version exclusives, the majority of them can be obtained through the GTS). Besides, it would leave Nintendo DS owners left out if they don't buy a 3DS and then pay for AR Searcher.
    Completing the regional Pokédex doesn't count toward anything in Black and White (there is no trainer star for it). I think it is entirely reasonable to have players rely on the AR Seeker or Black and White to get the Kami trio. Reshiram and Zekrom aren't guaranteed to be normally available, either, considering they're linked to other trainers.

So if Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus are available in Black 2/White 2 (which I do think), I think they will be able to transform (whenever the requirement for them transforming has been met).
    What kind of requirement? It seems that you don't think the Formes are actually exclusive to the AR Seeker, even though CoroCoro says just that. The Incarnation Formes might still be catchable in B2W2, but I don't really see the point.

Blog Entries

Making the forms exclusive to AR Searcher would boost 3DS sales,w hich Nintendo wants obviously, I dont think they'll be obtainable outside that.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast