Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

"The Purest Excitement" AbareKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    BIRDS? what "birds"?
    Uh, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Don't you know that after talking to Professor Oak in Eterna City after beating the league in Platinum (not Diamond or Pearl), the legendary bird trio starts roaming Sinnoh?
    Oh THOSE BIRDS lol for some reason i was thinking HO-OH and Lugia. also I haven't got that far yet in pokemon platinum. I have gotten all 8 gym bades however i just don't think my team is ready yet as the games have gotten harder and harder to beat as time goes on.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Oh THOSE BIRDS lol for some reason i was thinking HO-OH and Lugia. also I haven't got that far yet in pokemon platinum. I have gotten all 8 gym bades however i just don't think my team is ready yet as the games have gotten harder and harder to beat as time goes on.
    Haha, I don't consider Lugia to be a bird, cause it doesn't look like one, imo. It reminds me more of a pterosaur, a prehistoric flying reptile. But that's just me. Anyway, sorry for giving you a spoiler then, oops. But I can tell you that the league is easier in Platinum than Diamond/Pearl. They were nerfed. And I'm glad, because they were hella hard in D/P, imo.

But going back on topic, I can't wait to catch all the available legendaries in Black 2. ^^

What is the catch rate of the timers in gen IV then please?
    The catch rate increases by x0.1 for every turn that passes in Generation IV, making it as good as an Ultra Ball (x2 catch rate)after 10 turns, as good as many x3 balls (such as Repeat Ball for repeat catches) after 20 turns, as good as a Dusk Ball after 25 turns (x3.5 catch rate) and it maxes out after 30 turns, at x4 - making it one of the best ball types suited for the job, but only if your opponent lasts long enough in the battle.

In Generation V, this was increased to x0.3 increments after each turn, so the catch rate increase is cut down by 2/3 of the time to the maximum.

@Kelleo, this is probably the reason you have trouble even with Timer Balls - they don't work as fast as they do in Generation V.

Also, there's one key factor which I think is what makes Cresselia harder than some Legendaries, and that's the surface you encounter it on - it's on a flat surface, so it doesn't get affected by any environment-based catch rate modifiers, or in the case of DPPt you encounter it in tall grass, which as far as I know does not have a ball that gets stronger if you use it in such an environment.
    In this case, the best tips I can give you are this: Catch Legendaries at night so Dusk Balls work at their maximum, and use Timer Balls as best as possible. If you can, have status inflictions (sleep and paralysis are best, but if you can go for the Freeze when bringing health down. Until I used a Master Ball (as I was going for Hidden Power), that's how I caught my Latios) - this will give you more turns in general to catch the Pokémon and prevent it from Struggling itself for longer.

There's a lot of factors into catching a Legendary, and you have to pretty much be prepared for all of them.
    Last edited by Wishmaker Jirachi; 4th November 2012 at 09:44 PM.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021