The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2 - Page 14

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

El_
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Legendaries of Black 2 and White 2

lol

Edit: Scratch that, the Therian name replaces Sacred Beast /facepalm I dunno why I was thinking of Incarnate, anyways I definitely prefer Sacred Beast.

@Aspieon

As for the Kyurem formes BST, no... 720 BST should go to the complete Original Dragon only. However, B/W Kyurem are actually stronger than Reshiram/Zekrom obviously and have so far been presented as such. A 700 BST makes the most sense to me.

Kyurem no energy = 660 20 points under Reshiram/Zekrom
    Kyurem fused with Reshiram/Zekrom = 700 20 points over that of the Tao duo.

Should look something like:
    Last edited by El_; 22nd June 2012 at 01:39 AM.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

A whole load of Hoopa Hyperion09's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Hyperion09 On Twitter
    Follow Hyperion09 on Tumblr Visit Hyperion09's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Dub Kami Formes are "Therian Formes".

Which refers to Therianthropy, the transformation from human to animal.

(wtf NOA?)
    θηρίον theria is "beast" in Greek. Probably their way of being "literal but not really"

LiveJournal | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingdomkid
    I thought air was free but they sell them in plastic bags and comes with a hand full of chips!!

Blog Entries

@El_ It seems that your guess about the base stats is right. Bear in mind that this information is unconfirmed, though.

Trainers in Black City and White Forest use legendaries such as Entei and Latios (Alder's grandson uses the latter). Game Freak are going too far; this is the first time that legendaries are being used outside the Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway (barring N's dragon, which was relevant to the story).
    El_, The_Doctor and Charles Dunois like this.

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    lol I much prefer Incarnate, I wonder what Sacred Beast will be called? Or is that the same?

@Aspieon

As for the Kyurem formes BST, no... 720 BST should go to the complete Original Dragon only. However, B/W Kyurem are actually stronger than Reshiram/Zekrom obviously and have so far been presented as such. A 700 BST makes the most sense to me.

Kyurem no energy = 660 20 points under Reshiram/Zekrom
    Kyurem fused with Reshiram/Zekrom = 700 20 points over that of the Tao duo.

Should look something like:
    20/40 BST increase seems insufficient to me, because this forme actually contains two legendary Pokémon in one creature. Rotom, for example, gained 80 BST points by just possessing a household appliance (however, this drastic change could be explained due to its design basis and the appliance acting supportive, and maybe a couple of other things.). But that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Evidently the word "generate" and "herbivore" are too complex for our little minds, so they give us V-Create and Sap Sipper.

But everyone would get "Therian"!

Not saying using an obscure word is bad since it educates, but really, be consistent.
    The Pokédex states that Victini is capable of creating energy, therefore "creation" and "generation" are used almost synonymous in the context.

Sap Sipper makes me think of Heracross. Makes still not much sense as ability name considering the Pokémon who get it.

Therian is fitting. Just calling them Beast Formes, for example would be plain boring. At least they are trying to improve, what is wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    @El_ It seems that your guess about the base stats is right. Bear in mind that this information is unconfirmed, though.

Trainers in Black City and White Forest use legendaries such as Entei and Latios (Alder's grandson uses the latter). Game Freak are going too far; this is the first time that legendaries are being used outside the Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway (barring N's dragon, which was relevant to the story).
    Trainers in the Trainer Tower in Emerald also had legendary Pokémon in their Party, encountered under normal battle circumstances. Given that the area is apparently post-game, that is not such a drastic change.
    Last edited by Noiramaru; 22nd June 2012 at 02:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aspieon View Post
    Trainers in the Trainer Tower in Emerald also had legendary Pokémon in their Party, encountered under normal battle circumstances. Given that the area is apparently post-game, that is not such a drastic change.
    The Trainer Tower was comparable to the Battle Tower, and what's more, the Japanese feature didn't have any default trainers and required downloading trainer data via the e-Reader. In contrast, Black City and White Forest are perfectly normal features, as evidenced by the gain of experience and the fact that you have to defeat Alder's grandson to obtain Gible.

The Trainer Tower was comparable to the Battle Tower, and what's more, the Japanese feature didn't have any default trainers and required downloading trainer data via the e-Reader. In contrast, Black City and White Forest are perfectly normal features, as evidenced by the gain of experience and the fact that you have to defeat Alder's grandson to obtain Gible.
    You could use Items in the Tower, making it an exception from the classical battle facilities. However, i forgot about the japanese release not having them.

You also had to defeat Red in order to obtain one of the Kanto starters in HG/SS. And given that N had Reshiram/Zekrom in BW and this is the sequel, they are just expanding on this feature.

And, assuming trainers with legendary Pokémon can only be faced in Black Skyscraper and it's White version counterpart makes it like the Trainer Tower, apart from the lack of gaining expierience.
    Last edited by Noiramaru; 22nd June 2012 at 02:31 AM.

Blog Entries

You also had to defeat Red in order to obtain one of the Kanto starters in HG/SS.
    What of it? There was nothing unreasonable about Red's team.

And given that N had Reshiram/Zekrom in BW and this is the sequel, they are just expanding on this feature.
    An expansion would require giving those legendaries some sort of context, which N's dragon was certainly given. If they are merely used randomly, as seems to be the case, then that's just sad. It basically implies that post-game events in general are not canon, or that the canon is very messed up.

And, assuming trainers with legendary Pokémon can only be faced in Black Skyscraper and it's White version counterpart makes it like the Trainer Tower,
    I don't see how. At any rate, the Trainer Tower/Hill was not programmed by Game Freak to have legendaries.
    Last edited by Silktree; 22nd June 2012 at 02:34 AM.

El_
    Blog Entries

This is great if true, that stat spread just makes a lot of sense. B/W Kyurem are going to tear the Ubers game apart.

20/40 BST increase seems insufficient to me, because this forme actually contains two legendary Pokémon in one creature. Rotom, for example, gained 80 BST points by just possessing a household appliance (however, this drastic change could be explained due to its design basis and the appliance acting supportive, and maybe a couple of other things.). But that is just my opinion.
    You do realize, that GF isn't going to be going above the 720 BST set by Arceus right? Whether you believe that Arceus created the universe or not, going above that set BST would be ridiculous. They need a steady progression before reaching the BST of the Original Dragon, which itself will be stronger than B/W Kyurem. While at the same time, they needed to portray B/W Kyurem as stronger than Reshiram/Zekrom.

700 BST, is the best compromise to do just that. A 20 point progression is the logical route, though in actuality Kyurem gained 40 points. Unlike Rotom, for legendaries this increase is more than enough to get the point across. Its not just the BST either, Fusion Flare/Bolt's power is compared to Freeze Shock/Ice Burn, despite having more in common with Bolt Strike/Blue Flare. B/W Kyurem are meant to be much stronger than Reshiram/Zekrom with only a 20 BST difference between them, which proves that it is enough.
    The_Doctor and Charles Dunois like this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

There are two things that I find rather ridiculous:

1. That Kyurem's fusion with Reshiram/Zekrom is considered to be Kyurem, by name and secondary type.
    2. That Movie 15's depiction of the transformation is completely different.
    Charles Dunois likes this.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post

You do realize, that GF isn't going to be going above the 720 BST set by Arceus right? Whether you believe that Arceus created the universe or not, going above that set BST would be ridiculous. They need a steady progression before reaching the BST of the Original Dragon, which itself will be stronger than B/W Kyurem. While at the same time, they needed to portray B/W Kyurem as stronger than Reshiram/Zekrom.

700 BST, is the best compromise to do just that. A 20 point progression is the logical route, though in actuality Kyurem gained 40 points. Unlike Rotom, for legendaries this increase is more than enough to get the point across. Its not just the BST either, Fusion Flare/Bolt's power is compared to Freeze Shock/Ice Burn, despite having more in common with Bolt Strike/Blue Flare. B/W Kyurem are meant to be much stronger than Reshiram/Zekrom with only a 20 BST difference between them, which proves that it is enough.
    Given that the speculation is true. If the Original Dragon is even set to appear. Arceus itself could have a much stronger forme, and gave it up to create the Creation and Lake triads, therefore time, space, antimatter, willpower, knowledge and emotion which would provide the reasons why this incarnation of it is not going to appear. But still, this sounds entirely possible. What bothers me is the fusion, and the absence of Reshiram/Zekrom, but that could be simply solved by transforming Reshiram/Zekrom before the fusion into the Light/Dark Stone, which would also provide explanation for the subspecies of Kyurem.

There are two things that I find rather ridiculous:

1. That Kyurem's fusion with Reshiram/Zekrom is considered to be Kyurem, by name and secondary type.
    2. That Movie 15's depiction of the transformation is completely different.
    As for Kyurem, there's a possible explanation above.
    M14 introduced the Dragon Force, which appears to be linked somehow to Reshiram and Zekrom. Kyurem could absorb it and therefore, alternate between forms. Or the human antagonist (given there is one), supplies it with the Stones or the Dragon Force. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Shizui View Post
    Currently unconfirmed but highly likely.
    Last edited by Zeb; 22nd June 2012 at 03:53 AM. Reason: merge

Zeb
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

I see. People on another site are treating as confirmed :s

Also, don't double post, just edit your previous one instead. I've merged them this time.

I see. People on another site are treating as confirmed :s

Also, don't double post, just edit your previous one instead. I've merged them this time.
    Silktree (and Serebii.net) mentioned it was currently unconfirmed when i last checked. I may be slow. Other people may be over-hasty.

I know, and didn't intend to double post, i apparently clicked the wrong button.

Zeb
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Mesprit confirmed for the game. It's Level 65. It's at the top of the Celestial Tower following a request to search for them by Professor Juniper.
    Since Uxie is in, this was hardly surprising. I wonder if Palkia, Dialga and Giratina will be in.

Mesprit confirmed for the game. It's Level 65. It's at the top of the Celestial Tower following a request to search for them by Professor Juniper.
    Since Uxie is in, this was hardly surprising. I wonder if Palkia, Dialga and Giratina will be in.
    Im wondering this too. It seems random to give out their orbs for nothing.

I also wonder if Kyogre/Groudon are in it somehow, just because of those version exclusive caves we saw that seemed suited for them. The Magma one, and the other Water one.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast