Least favorite pokemon game? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Least favorite pokemon game?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red/Blue/Yellow

12 21.05%
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal

4 7.02%
  • Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

17 29.82%
  • Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

17 29.82%
  • Black/white/2

7 12.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Least favorite pokemon game?

Default Re: Least favorite pokemon game?

I love all the main series games, but my least favorite were R/S/E. I just don't like Hoenn much. I HATE water routes. It was hell. It's probably why I loved B/W so much, Surf is optional :3
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

I'm gonna have to go with RBY. They aren't bad, they just are more bland compared to the other games.
    Rex Kamex likes this.

I didn't particularly like III or IV. At the time, my least favorite was definitely III. But most of what I didn't like about it were the changes and incompatibilities when comparing it to older games. But all the games are that way now, so it's less clear which is worse -- III or IV.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Of the ones I've played, Fire Red (which I guess would be Red on the poll there...). I know Pokemon games aren't exactly known for their plot, but FR was just this directionless mess. Like, you could go straight from beating up Giovanni at one base to beating him at Saffron, and there were multiple "I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing next" moments. I'm not saying the games have to be as linear as BW was, but a push in the next direction would be nice... Oh, and Gym Guy's dull surprise reaction to the gym leader being Team Rocket's boss was fail.

I will say I really liked the Sevii Islands, though.
    This pretty much sums it up for me. I love the Sevii Islands too :) Great music.

Still, I can't say I actually disliked the game as a whole. I really do like every game I've played.

Forbidden Forest Ranger Cosmic Gerbil's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Cosmic Gerbil on Facebook

I'm going to have to be different and say Gold/Silver/Crystal. (Not the remakes though cos I haven't played them yet). I like all of the Pokemon games but the Gen 2 were my least faves. I was disappointed with the storyline...you fight Team Rocket again but there isn't really any end. I expected Giovanni to turn up and he wasn't in the games at all :( Also, I reckon Gen 2 had the weakest new Pokemon of the lot (save Espeon and Umbreon, who are awesome).
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We're off to never never-land

As much as I loved Hoenn, I have to say R/S/E. It had the second best plot behind B/W(yes, I liked its environmental message), but no memorable characters other than Steven, Maxie, Archie, and Wallace. Brendan/May are my least favorite player characters to play as; they're designs just scream "I'm trying way too hard to be a badass trainer". I've warmed up to a lot of the pokemon, but they're still too digimon-ish for me(I love Digimon, but I'm playing Pokemon so I expect pokemon).

A true gamer is one plays who for fun and appreciates a decent storyline.....even if some games frustrate them.

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Hoenn is too bland for me. Sinnoh is also very boring...

Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

r/s/e Hoenn
    r/s/e=No color,0 Visibility=Boringboring

I HATE MYSELF!

TheManWithTheSilverEevee theflamelord's Avatar

Definitely Gen 4, i own both Diamond and Platinum but i could never really get into either, they just felt to normal for a pokemon game, even the strange and fantastic stuff felt kinda forced and boring. Gen 4 also got rid of a few of the things i loved in previous gens like pokeblocks and added a whole bunch of unnecessary evolutions (Not counting the new Eeveelutions, they're awesome) and per-evolutions.
    I was so glad that when black and white would be starting over with all new pokemon and everything, it really helped me get over how unsatisfactory gen 4 was.
    (Heartgold and soulsilver don't count as gen 4 in my opinion because they're remakes)

Blog Entries

Ruby and Sapphire for me. It wasn't because of the Pokemon or the Region, it had everything to do with me having to leave my old friends from the glory days. Those few precious level 100s--including my very first Pokemon ever, my Venusaur Bruticus--are gone and there was nothing I could do to save them. Yeah, the lack of backwards compatibility really killed it for those two games. (And no, I wasn't planning on sending them over immediately and owning the game with them. I just wanted the chance to bring them over and keep them with me, as they had helped me so much in the past.)

That and the bike tricks didn't help matters any. I can't get to this area because I have the wrong bike so I have to go all the way back and switch the thing out?! Um, no thanks. That's not fun at all.

A close second would have to be Pearl, simply because it's so blasted slow. Even "running" is slow in that game. But I love a lot of the Fourth Gen 'Mons so it's kinda moot.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Yea the Hoenn bike things are really annoying, but I loved the game. I don't really like the originals (please, no one attack me for this). Their plot is pretty bland and I don't like many of the pokes, besides a few lines and the legendaries. My favorite was Pt because it was the first game I beat and my Torterra is perfect. I also didn't like the GSC that much either, Bbut I didn't play the originals just HGSS so if I did, I probably would have a different opinion. But, I did play RSE, so thats why I'm dying for their remakes

N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N !!!!!!!!!!!

Long live Haruka (May)! Haruka_Rules!'s Avatar

All the main Pokemon games are great but my least favorite is Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. The D/P games are bland & slow. Platinum however was a huge improvement.

Created by Princess of Hoenn

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Pokemon channel. I'm not even sure I'd count it as a game.

Follow Latula Pyrope on Tumblr

Platinum/Diamond/Pearl.
    I honestly can't find one thing I liked about them. I have never finished any of these games either. I don't even think I accumulated all of the gym badges. The Sinnoh Games just put me to sleep.

GSC. I never figured how to get to the Pokeleague even though I read loads of walkthroughs. I suck >_<
    Worst was D/P/P. I tried it somewhere else and it was damn freaking slow and at the start u had to run back and forth so i never had it.
    Why do people hate RSE? Water routes are awesome cuz its good grinding for your electric and grass pokes and u can go like ANYWHERE!
    Last edited by XxLTxX; 1st September 2012 at 10:08 PM.
    Please call me LT, not XX or whatever. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast