Kanto stuff in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanto stuff in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

Blog Entries

Default Kanto stuff in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

Mod Edit: Please keep Sevii Island discussion in the Sevii Island thread. Thank you.

FireRed and LeafGreen was released ten years ago. Ruby and Sapphire are getting remakes in the form of OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. FireRed and LeafGreen was in the same generation as Hoenn. Emerald borrowed some stuff from FireRed and LeafGreen. HeartGold and SoulSilver had stuff from Crystal. So maybe OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire can have stuff from FireRed and LeafGreen. Here's what I want in OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.

Sevii Islands. Got a whole forum about it. The Sevii Islands was a chain of islands exclusive to FireRed and LeafGreen as a post-game area. There you can catch Johto Pokémon to fill your National Pokédex. In the Hoenn remakes, you can also catch Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos Pokémon. You don't find any Hoenn Pokémon because they can all be caught on the mainland.

Team Rocket. Don't worry, Team Magma and Aqua will return as the main antagonists in the main story. But Team Rocket should be the villains of the post-story Sevii Islands quest. It seems Team Rocket doesn't give up. Heck, there is one time in their scheme where they go to Hoenn.

Kanto Gym Leaders. They can be fought at the Trainer Tower. And for something more epic, on certain days of the week, a Kanto Leader can team up with a Hoenn Leader in gym rematches!

References to FireRed and LeafGreen events as happening a month ago.

Battle against Red on the top of the Trainer Tower.

Pokémon availability in the Sevii Islands is based on FireRed for OmegaRuby and LeafGreen for AlphaSapphire.

Teachy TV obtained as a gift from Prof. Birch along with your Pokédex and Poké Balls. The Poké Dude's Pokémon is replaced with Hoenn Pokémon.

Black and white flashbacks when you continue a saved game.

A help menu when you hit L or R.

Location data will be available for Kanto locations. Plus Johto, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos. They're not accessable, but the caught locations of the Pokémon can be read even if they were transferred all the way from Gen III. If you had a starter Charmander in FireRed that evolved into Charizard, the location data will list "Pallet Town". Transfer it to Pal Park, and it will say "Kanto". Send it to Unova, and it will still list "Kanto". Put it into Pokémon Bank to transfer it to OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire and it will finally say "Pallet Town" again.

During the Kanto Leader battles at the Trainer Tower, a remix of the FireRed/LeafGreen Leader theme plays, except for Blue who has his Champion theme.

Kanto will NOT be accessable. We've already been there a lot. At least there's Sevii.

The Legendary Birds will be catchable. Moltres is in it's same spot on Mt. Ember. Articuno in Icefall Cave. And Zapdos in New Mauville.

The Four Island Day-Care is replaced with Friend Safari.

The Altering Cave on Route 103 is removed in favor of the Altering Cave on Outcast Island.

You can sometimes find Bruno and Brawly at Sevault Canyon.

Suicune, Entei and Raikou roam the Sevii Islands. Which one you get depends on your Hoenn starter.

Well, that's all I can think of.
    Last edited by Ivysaur; 21st June 2014 at 11:27 AM.

Default Re: FireRed/LeafGreen stuff in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

Ok if you like Kanto that's fine but i'm getting tired of Kanto specially after all the fan service and nostalgia pandering in X and Y, i'm fine with the Sevii Islands returning but Team Rocket appearing and fighting Kanto Gym Leaders no thank you, GF needs to lay off Kanto for a while now.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

SoFloFoSho Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Honestly, no, let's focus on Hoenn stuff in a Hoenn game. Especially Kanto, of all regions, which needs to take a little break.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really like Kanto. I think GF should focus on making Hoenn unique, like what they did with Santalune Forest and Valerie's gym layout.

Here's what I'm thinking they should do to make the remakes stand out from even the originals:

Rustboro City
    - Move the museum from Lilycove to Rustboro, and replace the paintings with fossils
    - Keep the RS gym layout, butremove one of the gym trainers. Give Roxanne an Onix.

Dewford City
    - Rather than having us get to Dewford and then Granite Cave to get Flash, make it a requirement to go through the cave.
    - Give Brawly orange-brown hair, and since he's a surfer, might as well specialize in water Pokemon

Slateport
    - Move Wattson's gym here--Mauvile's a bit far imo
    - Make it a requirement to visit the SS Tidal before the gym!
    - Wattson's backstory is a bit lacking--making him a war veteran instead!

Fortree City
    - Make Winona a grass gym leader--she's in a forest for crying out loud!

That's all I could think of for now.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I don't really like Kanto. I think GF should focus on making Hoenn unique, like what they did with Santalune Forest and Valerie's gym layout.

Here's what I'm thinking they should do to make the remakes stand out from even the originals:

Rustboro City
    - Move the museum from Lilycove to Rustboro, and replace the paintings with fossils
    - Keep the RS gym layout since its near identical to the Pewter City layout, but remove one of the gym trainers. Give Roxanne an Onix.

Dewford City
    - Rather than having us get to Dewford and then Granite Cave to get Flash, make it a requirement to go through the cave.
    - Give Brawly orange-brown hair, and since he's a surfer, might as well specialize in water Pokemon

Slateport
    - Move Wattson's gym here--Mauvile's a bit far imo
    - Make it a requirement to visit the SS Tidal before the gym!
    - Wattson's backstory is a bit lacking--making him a war veteran instead!

Fortree City
    - Make Winona a grass gym leader--she's in a forest for crying out loud!

That's all I could think of for now.....
    Decent ideas. I really think they should just move the Sootopolis Gym to Oldale Town, which you can unlock after getting the first 7 badges. While they're at, why not have Wallace lead both the Gym and Team Aqua?

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    Decent ideas. I really think they should just move the Sootopolis Gym to Oldale Town, which you can unlock after getting the first 7 badges. While they're at, why not have Wallace lead both the Gym and Team Aqua?
    We joke but the sad part is Norman's gym is set up the same way--all Norman has to do is be the guy behind Aqua/Magma.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    We joke but the sad part is Norman's gym is set up the same way--all Norman has to do is be the guy behind Aqua/Magma.
    Hey, maybe it could lead into a confrontation between the protagonist and the Masked Leader of a new third team at the end of the game. I could see it now... "Brendan, I am... your father!"

Blog Entries

I could use less kanto. I have Red, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Leafgreen, and Soulsilver. I don't want more kanto. If it wasn't accesible in the original, (except new areas of Hoenn) I don't think it should be in. That being said, I'd love to see Navel Rock as a non event area, as well as Southern Island ( where you can catch the other Lati), and maybe even Faraway Island.
    Metallica, A7X, Pokemon, rage comics, Creepypasta, and Family Guy Rock! But Mainly... 'Tallica! 'm'

Blog Entries

The only thing I'm expecting from FRLG is the Area viewpointers for caves/dungeons. Hell, now that I'm thinking about it, its gonna be amazing cause either they're gonna do high-res spritework or use actual artwork for those places. If they didn't decide to remove em for some reason.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

this is ruby/sapphire with maybe some emerald mixed in remakes FIRE RED AND LEAF GREEN WILL HAVE NEXT TO NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAMES.

sevvi islands maybe because its a chain of islands it make ssense for hoenn. but unless they're remaking kanto games nothing from kanto will be included except maybe re fences to kanto and MAYBE red blue or a gym leader appearance

Blog Entries

Guys, Kanto itself won't appear. Just Sevii, Team Rocket, and a Kanto Leader challenge at Trainer Tower. In fact, I specifically said "Kanto will NOT be accessable." Also, I do not like the idea of changing the Hoenn Leaders. I don't want Brawly to have orange hair or have his type changed to water. Or the Mauville Gym being moved to Slateport. Also, these changes to Hoenn are off-topic and are more appropriate for the "Hoenn region" thread. But wouldn't it be cool to battle Brock and Roxanne at the same time?

Blog Entries

I still doubt the appearance of the Sevii Islands, as much as I want it to happen. Even though many people want it to reappear, the developers don't always listen to the mass's opinion. Not that I blame them half the time.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Marik

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, Skill Link, Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.
    Can you ever have too many claims? ...Nah, of course not.

Blog Entries

No. We got enough Kanto pandering in XY already. We can do without any Kanto anything whatsoever for the next game this Generation.

Granted I don't mind the Sevii Islands appearing that much, but on the big picture it seems pointless to have them in here. Plus they're too embedded with Kanto and the events of HGSS that having them in would almost inevitably direct some relevancy to Kanto, which, again, we don't really need.

So yeah. Personally I hope to see nothing from FRLG in ORAS. Let Hoenn have some much needed time in the limelight for once.

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

Blog Entries

Well, at least I don't want the Kanto starters since you already got them in XY. But I do want you to get the Johto, Sinnoh and Unova starters after getting the National Dex. Yeah, we got plenty of Kanto stuff, but maybe that's foreshadowing the Gen III remakes.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

OMG WHY?

These are RUBY AND SAPPHIRE REMAKES, not FRLG remakes. There's absolutely no reason for any content of FRLG to appear.

And for heaven's sake I don't want anything - not even Sevii Islands - related to Kanto to appear in a game that's about HOENN. For once - for once Hoenn gets the spotlight and Kanto just has to butt in and steal it? No way - that's so unfair to Hoenn!

Let Hoenn be the sole star of these remakes. Please. No Kanto - no Sevii - JUST HOENN.

If they need to add more stuff for post-game, they can upgrade the Battle Froniter or make a new area. Nothing from FRLG. Seriously.
    ACCEPTING SUBS - CLICK THE PIC!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast