Kanto Starters - Page 6

View Poll Results: Which Kanto starter will you choose from Sycamore?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulbasaur

34 37.36%
  • Charmander

31 34.07%
  • Squirtle

26 28.57%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Kanto Starters

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kanto Starters?

So now that we know about Mega forms and the fact that Mega Blaziken exists heavily hints that all Starters will get a Mega form, does anybody else think that the introduction of the Kanto Starters may be used as a way to promote these forms?

Maybe we will get Venusaurite, Charizardite and/or Blastoisite during the post-game, allowing us to use the Kanto Mega forms.

Something tells me the Kalos Starters won't be getting their Mega forms at least until the Third version/sequel.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Warrior View Post
    So now that we know about Mega forms and the fact that Mega Blaziken exists heavily hints that all Starters will get a Mega form, does anybody else think that the introduction of the Kanto Starters may be used as a way to promote these forms?

Maybe we will get Venusaurite, Charizardite and/or Blastoisite during the post-game, allowing us to use the Kanto Mega forms.

Something tells me the Kalos Starters won't be getting their Mega forms at least until the Third version/sequel.
    Yeah, the first thing I thought was that if we are getting the Kanto starters somewhere early-mid game (say, third or fourth gyms), it'll be at a point Mega Evolutions are being explained and introduced.

So it makes perfect sense to use them to introduce their Mega forms in a somewhat reliable way. (Which I'm still calling will have Charizard as Fire/Dragon and Blastoise Water/Steel. No idea what for Venusaur though, but you probably can think of something)

On the other hand, I also don't see the Kalos starters themselves getting their Mega forms right away. The requeriment for starters makes me think it's higher than just the stone (i.e. Only Speed boost Torchic for instance). So I'm betting the Kalos Megas will be distributed in a manner similar to the Dream World starters. (No, I don't see them obtainable in-game at all even on later versions.)

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

I'm under the impression that Mega formes may be DLC content. We may not get Mega formes of the Kanto starters or any other starter for that matter until sometime later, if it ever happens.

Color me interested though, I would be kind of interested in seeing a Mega Venusaur.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Ditto. Bulbasaur's line is one of the most basic in changes that occur during evolution, so it would be neat to see it go off the rails a bit with a Mega Venusaur. But really, I just want all the starters to get Mega Evolutions.

I think it's a certainty at this point that Charizard will, though.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Considering Blaziken's mega evo is only a 3-month event starting upon launch, it's safe to assume that other starters either don't have them at all, or they'll get their own events later.

Considering Blaziken's mega evo is only a 3-month event starting upon launch, it's safe to assume that other starters either don't have them at all, or they'll get their own events later.
    You might get the Pokemonite for your rumored secondary Kanto Starter from Korrina so everyone has at least one, and then the others have to be won through events or the Master Tower.
    Guy_Spy likes this.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Yes, it's also safe to assume that you'll be able to acquire some Pokemonite via normal in-game means. (Me, I hope this includes Absol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Yes, it's also safe to assume that you'll be able to acquire some Pokemonite via normal in-game means. (Me, I hope this includes Absol.)
    It's actually confirmed that the Mega Stones are available by finding them in game.
    It's really cool that we can get the Kanto Starters AND Torchic....but I wanted a Mudkip..
    The_Doctor likes this.

Smile~

Blog Entries

If we do get other-region starters early, which doesn't seem to happen often, that they'll come bundled with a Mega Stone seems like a pretty solid assumption. After all, why else?

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    If we do get other-region starters early, which doesn't seem to happen often, that they'll come bundled with a Mega Stone seems like a pretty solid assumption. After all, why else?
    I agree with this. I'm betting the Kanto starter we get comes equipped with its Megastone and they are using it as a way to promote the new feature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    It's actually confirmed that the Mega Stones are available by finding them in game.
    It's really cool that we can get the Kanto Starters AND Torchic....but I wanted a Mudkip..
    That's how I feel. I like all the Hoenn starters, but Mudkip holds a special place in my heart. It brings back good memories.
    Foxeaf likes this.

I'm not one to believe every starter will get a mega but I want to believe the kanto starters get mega evolutions and their stones come with them. It would be such a beautiful nod to the first gen. Bulbasaur charmander and squirtle were the first pokemon raised for many long time trainers, now a new generation experiences them as their first mega pokemon. The series would feel full circle.

I'm sure that every starter's final evo will get a Mega form. It just wouldn't be fair to give a few starters their Mega Forms and not the others. I at least expect the other 2 Hoenn starters to receive them since Blaziken did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I'm sure that every starter's final evo will get a Mega form. It just wouldn't be fair to give a few starters their Mega Forms and not the others. I at least expect the other 2 Hoenn starters to receive them since Blaziken did.
    I expect the Hoenn starters as well, and at least the Kanto starters also.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I hope you are right, because only Blaziken getting a mega form would be kind of lame. In the worst scenario, I think at least the Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos starters should get mega forms. Anyway, I disliked the idea of Kanto starters being present in X&Y, but I totally changed my mind, if that means they are getting new forms.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast