The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion - Page 6

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

Default Re: So, what's the region gonna be based off of?

Europe? they should incorporate One Direction! I mean they were sponsors or whatever!!!! :D But seriously I hope they include some Italian landmarks too!
    Fav Ships: PalletShipping AdvancedShipping CafeMochaShipping PearlShipping ComaShipping CollideShipping RespectShipping

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Default Location in the Pokemon World

Now it definitely looks like it's based on Paris but what I'm wondering is, where in the Pokemon world will this region be located? Do you think it's close to Unova, closer to Kanto (maybe some newly discovered island below Hoenn or something) or it is far from all previous regions?

I didn't know if I should start a new thread so sorry if I shouldn't have for this topic!

Default Re: Location in the Pokemon World

Probably on the other side of the world from Unova since its based off of Europe and Unova is based off of America.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Blog Entries

I'm gonna say somewhere in between Kanto and Unova since most of the Pokémon we've seen so far in the trailer are from those regions.

Well it seems to have pre-gen5 pokemon in it so i would guess somewhere between unova and the rest of the regions.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I highly doubt it'll just be France. I'm expecting we'll see a bit of an extension into eastern Spain along a warm southern body of water. We'll probably have an island up north too. I'd be interested in seeing a city filled with canals on the mainland up north à la Amsterdam. There's just not enough geography to France for them to use it exclusively.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    I highly doubt it'll just be France. I'm expecting we'll see a bit of an extension into eastern Spain along a warm southern body of water. We'll probably have an island up north too. I'd be interested in seeing a city filled with canals on the mainland up north à la Amsterdam. There's just not enough geography to France for them to use it exclusively.
    That would be too much land for a single region, and given how many cities and towns each region has, there would be soooo many space wasted. Furthermore, it would kill the opportunities of future countries and cities to get their own region, a right that Japan and the USA have already enjoyed. Why deprive European countries of having their own, separate regions (like Japan and USA) and cram them all together in a single one? Just because Americans usually think of "Europe" as a whole, it doesn't mean it's really that way. Plus, as I've already said, everything here, including the starters, scream 'France', not 'Europe'.

Unless of course, the whole region concept is scapped and we get to travel an actual continent and we get such an enormous map (akin to the large masses of land found in games like Skyrim).
    Last edited by VeggiePopper; 9th January 2013 at 01:41 PM.
    SnorlaxMonster and Treacle like this.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a feeling that the part with the Golurk Statue resembles Venice so maybe it crosses over into Venice at some point?

Blog Entries

Being from the U.S., I kinda can't say much, but I'm really interested to see hoe PokeFrance/PokeEurope turns out.
    CALIFORNIA-BASED REGION FOR GEN VII!!! LETS GO WEST COAST!! >_<
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Desert part is from The Australian Outback

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Could this be the desert like area that was shown in the trailer? It is in france.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post

Could this be the desert like area that was shown in the trailer? It is in france.
    That definitely looks it, good find!!!

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post

That's an observatory near Pic du Midi in the Alps. It's a long way from Paris, but within France. Problem is, a *lot*, if not all observatories have white domes, so it's hard to say whether it's based on this observatory or is just a generic observatory they put in to get a space theme in. It's not like Desert Resort, etc. in Unova are based on specific places, for instance, and may just be purely artistic licence.

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

It will clearly not be based on France alone........ Just because you see a tower that LOOKS LIKE the Eiffel Tower, does not at all mean it is based in Paris, and just because Masuda tweets a picture of him in front of the Eiffel Tower, it could be in relation to Europe as a whole. I suggest we all just stop assuming France for now, our best bet is Europe, those who like France will only be getting their hopes up...
    N is finished yet.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jolty94 View Post
    It will clearly not be based on France alone........ Just because you see a tower that LOOKS LIKE the Eiffel Tower, does not at all mean it is based in Paris, and just because Masuda tweets a picture of him in front of the Eiffel Tower, it could be in relation to Europe as a whole. I suggest we all just stop assuming France for now, our best bet is Europe, those who like France will only be getting their hopes up...
    At least we know it has something to do with Europe. BW was horrendous because of the arguments of Shanghai vs NY.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th January 2013, 02:03 PM
  2. 8th January 2013, 07:37 AM