The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion - Page 30

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 644
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

  1. #436
    Human Phoenixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Generation VII
    Posts
    320
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    (Can someone answer the above question?)

    Anyway, I realized something about the regional dex which helps us know something about the region. In the first pic about splitting the dex into three, they gave us numbers that were something like 77 in the central dex, 51 in the coastal, and 6 in the mountain. Also, many of us think that the Coastal side of the region is the west, and the Mountain side is in the east. If this is true, it gives evidence that we'll be able to go to west side of the region first, probably from Lumiose, and then go to the east later.
    The_Doctor likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

  2. #437
    We all change The_Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On the internetz
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    No problem, its pretty hard to get the map. Route 3 is the one before the green roofs, so obviousl route 2 is between blue roof and forest. I really should get around to updating the first post to ease the confusion.
    But then is "blue roof" another town? Or does it only consist of the "PokeMansion" we can already see?
    It could easily be another town. In the original Unova map, many of the towns (even when they had quite a few buildings and residents) only had one building or landmark visible on the map while the rest of the buildings and sign of population/size were not visible until release.
    Phoenixon likes this.

  3. #438
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    (Can someone answer the above question?)

    Anyway, I realized something about the regional dex which helps us know something about the region. In the first pic about splitting the dex into three, they gave us numbers that were something like 77 in the central dex, 51 in the coastal, and 6 in the mountain. Also, many of us think that the Coastal side of the region is the west, and the Mountain side is in the east. If this is true, it gives evidence that we'll be able to go to west side of the region first, probably from Lumiose, and then go to the east later.
    There's another screenshot that gives 9 for central, 0 for coastal and 2 for mountainous, though, so either you weave in and out of all three of them, you can find species in one dex section in other places, or which section you visit first is variable somehow.

  4. #439
    Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    259
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    (Can someone answer the above question?)

    Anyway, I realized something about the regional dex which helps us know something about the region. In the first pic about splitting the dex into three, they gave us numbers that were something like 77 in the central dex, 51 in the coastal, and 6 in the mountain. Also, many of us think that the Coastal side of the region is the west, and the Mountain side is in the east. If this is true, it gives evidence that we'll be able to go to west side of the region first, probably from Lumiose, and then go to the east later.
    There's another screenshot that gives 9 for central, 0 for coastal and 2 for mountainous, though, so either you weave in and out of all three of them, you can find species in one dex section in other places, or which section you visit first is variable somehow.
    Maybe it varies depending on the version. For example, we might to go the coast first in X and the mountains first in Y. This would make the two games quite different from each other, and perhaps encourage buying both versions.
    Avatar by Nyjee on deviantART
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

  5. #440
    Human Phoenixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Generation VII
    Posts
    320
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    It could easily be another town. In the original Unova map, many of the towns (even when they had quite a few buildings and residents) only had one building or landmark visible on the map while the rest of the buildings and sign of population/size were not visible until release.
    Yup, you're right about that, I forgot how the Unova map looked.

    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    There's another screenshot that gives 9 for central, 0 for coastal and 2 for mountainous, though, so either you weave in and out of all three of them, you can find species in one dex section in other places, or which section you visit first is variable somehow.
    I'd assume that you can find some species in different dexes, since it makes more sense than going around the whole map, especially because that screenshot was likely from the beginning of the game.
    We should also note that the regional dex counts SEEN Pokemon too, so we may see Pokemon from the other dexes in trainer battles, which could provide another explanation for those numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaikouToxin View Post
    Maybe it varies depending on the version. For example, we might to go the coast first in X and the mountains first in Y. This would make the two games quite different from each other, and perhaps encourage buying both versions.
    I actually like this idea a lot, as it gives more uniqueness to each version, moreso than other other double version games. It would be even cooler if we got the option to travel either to the west first or the east first (which I think would happen for a Pokemon Z Sequel/Remake, if something like that were to happen.)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

  6. #441
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SaikouToxin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    (Can someone answer the above question?)

    Anyway, I realized something about the regional dex which helps us know something about the region. In the first pic about splitting the dex into three, they gave us numbers that were something like 77 in the central dex, 51 in the coastal, and 6 in the mountain. Also, many of us think that the Coastal side of the region is the west, and the Mountain side is in the east. If this is true, it gives evidence that we'll be able to go to west side of the region first, probably from Lumiose, and then go to the east later.
    There's another screenshot that gives 9 for central, 0 for coastal and 2 for mountainous, though, so either you weave in and out of all three of them, you can find species in one dex section in other places, or which section you visit first is variable somehow.
    Maybe it varies depending on the version. For example, we might to go the coast first in X and the mountains first in Y. This would make the two games quite different from each other, and perhaps encourage buying both versions.
    A Source leaks tons of Pokemon X and Y Info - Pokemon X Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs

    One of the rumors in this link agrees with your thinking!

  7. #442
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,366
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    I think its gonna be central east then west and alternate from there. Multiple passes through Lumiose makes sense, as you have at least 3 routes other then route 4 going in/out of it. Maybe like every 2 badges or so.

  8. #443
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,366
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Sorry for the double post, but I did it! I finally got to a PC, so here's my Kalos region route analysis.
    kalos-region-pokemon-x-y_1920x1200.jpg
    As I said, its baiscally around the 26-28 route count which puts us 2 routes ahead of Unova, and a good 8-6 routes lower then Hoenn. And that's without assuming those larger stretches and connected routes aren't 2-3 which could put us well in the 30s. And connecting everything you get 17 cities/towns, including the farm before the islands, which puts us with 8 cities, and 9 non gym cities including the starting town, which is 2 more then Hoenn, cause Ever Grande really isn't a city.
    Phoenixon and Lugiafanatic like this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  9. #444
    Human Phoenixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Generation VII
    Posts
    320
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kalos-Region-Pokemon-X-and-Y_1920x1200.jpg 
Views:	4477 
Size:	566.9 KB 
ID:	87319
    It's.... beautiful....
    What did you put before the starting town? Is that like an extra route or something?

    EDIT: I just realized it's probably because Route 3 is after the forest, so it has to be there....

    Edit 2: On the topic of number of routes, I think we may also get at least two or three water routes too, so it will be even MOAR!
    Last edited by Phoenixon; 29th May 2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

  10. #445
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,366
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    If you're talking about that line in the middle of nowhere, yeah, its nothing, just a mistake on my part, ignore it. And I noticed that at least 3 cities have 4 routes coming out of em, which is something pretty rare, in the sense that we usually get one or two. But yeah, also expecting those rivers to have some shortcuts, so perhaps some more could indeed be routes.
    kalos-region-pokemon-x-y_1920x1200.jpg
    Also added POI's and cities, based on my speculations. Note the abundance of forests. Its almost like you know, if fairy type does come to fruition, there are loads of places they can feel at home. ;D
    Last edited by Mitzman!; 29th May 2013 at 09:17 AM.
    Phoenixon and Lugiafanatic like this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  11. #446
    Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where the Adventure Lies
    Posts
    1,150
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Here's an interesting question. So, we all can pretty much assume that the clouds at the bottom of the map are hiding extra areas (likely post game). But how do we get there? There don't seem to be any distinct paths leading there.

  12. #447
    Human Phoenixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Generation VII
    Posts
    320
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Here's an interesting question. So, we all can pretty much assume that the clouds at the bottom of the map are hiding extra areas (likely post game). But how do we get there? There don't seem to be any distinct paths leading there.
    Look at the stream of water that is west of the home town. It continues into the clouds. (Two other rivers do so too.) I'd assume at least one of these (or all) is the entrance to this area.

    I think it's a good idea discussing what is at that cloudy place too. Though it is likely it is post game, what if it's actually related to the main story? Many of us are already guessing the places we find Xerneas and Yveltal, but none of the places actually seem awesome enough to be the places we find them...
    I have a feeling the place we do find them is in that cloudy are.... Also, note that though most of that area is mountainous, one of the mountains being the place you find Yveltal, in the middle there is a green, grassy area, and I think that may be where you find Xerneas. (If you find either of them there at all.)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

  13. #448
    Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Soaring through the skies.
    Posts
    947
    Blog Entries
    41

    Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    I gotta say, the region looks amazing, the only thing bothering me is that we may not get to explore the southwestern part of the region, by which, I mean, the grassy part beneath the mountain. I know it doesn't have anything at all, but I just feel that it'd be great to explore it (just my exploration OCD talking).

    Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack


  14. #449
    Registered User Meophist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    558
    Follow Meophist On Twitter

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    If you're talking about that line in the middle of nowhere, yeah, its nothing, just a mistake on my part, ignore it. And I noticed that at least 3 cities have 4 routes coming out of em, which is something pretty rare, in the sense that we usually get one or two. But yeah, also expecting those rivers to have some shortcuts, so perhaps some more could indeed be routes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kalos-Region-Pokemon-X-and-Y_1920x1200.jpg 
Views:	4834 
Size:	586.9 KB 
ID:	87321
    Also added POI's and cities, based on my speculations. Note the abundance of forests. Its almost like you know, if fairy type does come to fruition, there are loads of places they can feel at home. ;D
    Looks neat.

    I think the island on the top left's route might be more through the rocks and islands than by the detour from the more southern route. It'll fit better with how water routes go, in terms of them generally surrounded by rocks and terrain.

    Also, I think that Disney-like castle might count as a point of interest.

  15. #450
    Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where the Adventure Lies
    Posts
    1,150
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    I think it's a good idea discussing what is at that cloudy place too. Though it is likely it is post game, what if it's actually related to the main story? Many of us are already guessing the places we find Xerneas and Yveltal, but none of the places actually seem awesome enough to be the places we find them...
    I have a feeling the place we do find them is in that cloudy are.... Also, note that though most of that area is mountainous, one of the mountains being the place you find Yveltal, in the middle there is a green, grassy area, and I think that may be where you find Xerneas. (If you find either of them there at all.)
    I don't think it has much to do with the storyline. At least not in this game, it could be where the third mascot is, though. I think it'll have more significance in the next game, especially if the next game is a sequel that expands into southern France.
    Akromatic likes this.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 8th January 2013, 02:03 PM
  2. 8th January 2013, 07:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •