The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion - Page 16

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

Default Re: Region Speculation and Discussion Thread

Since Unova was the first main series reigon to apper outside of Japan (in New York), I think that they will base this reigon on Europe because in the trailer I believed that the Effiel Tower was shown and Pikachu's lightning was spreading from France. Granted that France does have alot of amazing sites in it, I think that they'll make it Europe themed. The scence with the female protagonist running had flowers in it which made me think of the Dutch with the tulips and windmills (In Netherlands and Im stereoptipical). The city that the male protagonist was running in had old architecture which made me think of the streets of Barcelona, Spain.

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    I have a question about the Early Route Pokémon (Bug, Bird, Rodent) and it's really only about Black and White who made things a little different when they introduced Lillipup. I guess my question is which category does Lillipup fall into because there are no regional dogs (as of now that are accessible in early routes) and though there have been a few early Dark Types (Poochyena and Purrloin Family) neither of those are dogs so they don't count. So my thoughts are that prehaps they'll start making this a trend in future generations to come. So maybe in Pokémon X and Y the regional dog might be a Poodle.

What do you guys think will this become a trend or was Black and White an exception?
    I think Lillipup was just a reasonably usable, available early pokemon, much like Shinx was in Gen IV. Neither of them were by any means great, but certainly better than the usual rodent. It might be a new part of their region design, to have a bird, a bug, a rodent, and then something decent. If they do continue the trend, I think a poodle would be awesome! I hope they don't just make it Normal though, I think Psychic would be cool, and quite useful.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    I have a question about the Early Route Pokémon (Bug, Bird, Rodent) and it's really only about Black and White who made things a little different when they introduced Lillipup. I guess my question is which category does Lillipup fall into because there are no regional dogs (as of now that are accessible in early routes) and though there have been a few early Dark Types (Poochyena and Purrloin Family) neither of those are dogs so they don't count. So my thoughts are that prehaps they'll start making this a trend in future generations to come. So maybe in Pokémon X and Y the regional dog might be a Poodle.

What do you guys think will this become a trend or was Black and White an exception?
    Well you could say that there are regional dogs since each generations has introduced at least one dog-like Pokemon: Arcanine, Houndoom, Mightyena, Lucario, and Stoutland. Granted hyenas aren't canids but everyone else already thinks that they're in the dog family and Gamefreak probably would just say that Mightyena is based off hyenas and some canids. This relationship is not as obvious as regional birds and rodents are because these guys vary in strength, typing, and location.

I'd say that it would be reasonable to expect another dog-like Pokemon this next generation, as well as possible a cat and a simian.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Default Victory road

Hey, I'm playing HG again and I'm right before the league and those annoying Golbat and Graveler have made me wonder...

How would you like it if we had for instance a forest as a victory road instead of those boring caves?

Those caves are approximately the same and I'd like something new for a change :) How about you?

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Victory road

Quote Originally Posted by Nereus View Post
    How would you like it if we had for instance a forest as a victory road instead of those boring caves?

Those caves are approximately the same and I'd like something new for a change :) How about you?
    You haven't played BW2 have you? Victory Road in that game was a mix of several different environments, including an underground ruins section, a rocky mountain, the usual caves, and yes, even a small forest section. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that again.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All of that stuff was interesting, but I'm personally hoping for just a plain cave.

It could be a mix of things again. If it is based on Europe (which it may well be) it may be a mountain, just like Mt Coronet. That would be cool, snow covered victory road. :)

Probably not though. I seem to have very abstract ideas about these games.
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm kind of getting sick of cave Victory Roads, so I think they should continue to use different environments.

Hell, I'm getting sick of caves period, they're becoming pretty bland in general.

Snowy mountain victory road would be amazing, just like coronet in platinum, with all the cool music too. Platinum was the last game that had music that made me actually feel something.

Blog Entries

What if we got a Victory Road that was actually like a road? Like one HUGE route, though very complex and more diversity (there can be grassy places, some water, maybe a small cave in the middle of it, forest etc.) Similar to BW2 as Bolt said. But less cave places.
    Why did they ever make Victory Roads caves in the first place? Shouldn't they be more like roads (ie Routes)?

I suppose it is a cliche about how "the road to victory will not be simple". Hence the BW layout for example. It makes something as simple as a road be completely the opposite of what it infers, and therefore not brace the player for such an onscreen environment, throwing them off and adding a hint of despair into the gameplay.

Victory road has not just been purely grass land, or forest as someone said earlier. I still think that snow is a good idea, and if the region is based on France/Europe, Victory road may be the French Alps. A great way to add a challenge. (I say europe as the teaser trailer shows some pods in a desert, which seem to resemble the Eden Project in Cornwall)

Sorry for sounding nerdy there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AntimatterAsh View Post
    I suppose it is a cliche about how "the road to victory will not be simple". Hence the BW layout for example. It makes something as simple as a road be completely the opposite of what it infers, and therefore not brace the player for such an onscreen environment, throwing them off and adding a hint of despair into the gameplay.

Victory road has not just been purely grass land, or forest as someone said earlier. I still think that snow is a good idea, and if the region is based on France/Europe, Victory road may be the French Alps. A great way to add a challenge. (I say europe as the teaser trailer shows some pods in a desert, which seem to resemble the Eden Project in Cornwall)

Snowy, icy cave..That would be cool (no pun intended).. but would seasons affect that? (Speaking of which, will there even BE seasons?)
    And I've heard that those pod things resemble the Eden Project, but what is the project about? Maybe it will help us figure out what they are....

Edit: Found out...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_Project

There may be months. Which would be cool. To quote my post in another thread:

A good gameplay layout may include:

- Snow Mountains (very rarely used)
    - Some sort of set of islands. If it is based on Europe, this would add more verity to the gameplay. I found it a bit confusing in BW/BW2 in the fact that the region was based on New York, so one side had freezing conditions, one side sunny, and one side a desert. If they want to do that in XY, splitting it up into islands may be more realistic.
    - Some different legendaries for once. I would like to see Mew (over MewTwo/Three again - HGSS), Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, maybe Shaymin, Victini, Meloetta, aswell as the two main legendaries. Maybe if they implant a system so that how you play the game (like when it asks you "do you want a pokedex?") change the gameplay, and therefore alter which legendaries and pokemon are available to you. Maybe change it so that you can only catch x legendary (no pun intended) in x season. I mean, you won't see Shaymin in the winter (if what I read about its behaviour is true.) And you may not see Jirachi/Deoxys in the day. Maybe implement a month rotor, rather than a season rotor that changes each month. Make the game real time. People will play it for a lot longer.

These are some of my views. A real-time system would be very beneficial, as in real life, animals are not controlled by the season, but by months. (Not literally, but on a natural clock calibrated to the same sort of units as our modern day calendars.)

Blog Entries

This is a Pokemon website. Everyone here is a nerd, including me.
    I really want:
    -A different Victory Road, as others have said. Make it actually resemble a road. It doesn't have to be straight, it can curve to the side, go up hills, and possibly overlap with streams and rocks to hop on to cross them, but please, ACTUALLY MAKE IT A ROAD. (not that I'll actually finish the game to ever see it).

I love the idea of a road. Just dont mess it up. We don't want a Victory M25. Something interesting but challenging.

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th January 2013, 02:03 PM
  2. 8th January 2013, 07:37 AM